• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Labradar App now available

Reply copied straight from Labradar customer support when queried about iOS app continually dropping Bluetooth connectivity.

“Hi,

We improved our Bluetooth communication a lot but the main issue that has been resolved was aimed at Android devices as it was them that had the most problems.

You can try and update your Labradar Firmware to version 1.3.3. But I cannot guarantee it fixes your IOS issue.”

What a load of crap! Looks like they continue to have many Bluetooth problems.

😂😂 Beginning to wonder if their Labradar Lite product without Bluetooth is now their preferred solution! 😱😱

Happy to see some competition for this product approaching over the near horizon. Maybe it will get them to wake up and finally deliver what was promised.

Having this issue at the moment (iOS). Last Two range sessions, it will just dropped connection and will not reconnect without turning off the Labradar. I could be in the middle of a string, and if I don’t pay attention, it will not pick up any shots during this, either.

I love the ability to be able to switch rifles, while still collecting data, but these guys had better get their shit together. New Chrono’s are coming out and will knock LR down a few notches.

Updating mine now to v1.3.3 to see if it resolves. If not, fuck their app and I’ll just manually have to get up/down to arm/disarm.

Haven't really thought this through, it literally just popped in my head so there may be problems with this idea but whatever.

I think LR should design and release a Remote Control like a TV remote that works with the units instead of relying on phone apps that need changing and updating all the time. Charge $30 per remote and it be 100%. Win win.

Haven't really thought this through, it literally just popped in my head so there may be problems with this idea but whatever.

I think LR should design and release a Remote Control like a TV remote that works with the units instead of relying on phone apps that need changing and updating all the time. Charge $30 per remote and it be 100%. Win win.
That would be a solid idea, especially considering the new LR Lite doesn’t have Blue Tooth connectivity at all.

Hate sounding like a Karen, but having to arm before getting behind the rifle, then getting back up to disarm, clear shots, change shit…. Is a PITA.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9

Or just separate units for the console and the sensor, with a wired connection, like the Magnetospeed. This would be a far better design.

I updated my firmware to 1.3.3. It did not fix my bluetooth connectivity issues with iOS.

Done with the bluetooth piece of shit app!

Wanted to update this thread with new findings. Been in communications with the Labradar App folks. They suggested that it’s possibly an issue between the version of iOS and my labradar. Now, I’m not believing it, but I tried it anyways. Updated to the latest and went out today to test it out.

First 5 rounds, no issues.
Switched rifles.. 2 round…. Dropped bluetooth. Same thing as before. Had to get up, power it off.

At this point, I shot the next 10 rounds just arming it the manual way. Then, I thought about my smart watch. Since the watch is on, it maintains a constant sync with the app on my phone. I powered the watch off…. And the issue disappeared.

I proceeded to shoot another 60 rounds between Two rifles without a single error from the Labradar/app.

If you have any other bluetooth devices connected to your phone (while using the labradar) smart watch, kestrel, boom box, pocket pussy, etc…. Power it off and see if it resolves your issue, too.

Wanted to update this thread with new findings. Been in communications with the Labradar App folks. They suggested that it’s possibly an issue between the version of iOS and my labradar. Now, I’m not believing it, but I tried it anyways. Updated to the latest and went out today to test it out.

Switched rifles.. 2 round…. Dropped bluetooth. Same thing as before. Had to get up, power it off.

At this point, I shot the next 10 rounds just arming it the manual way. Then, I thought about my smart watch. Since the watch is on, it maintains a constant sync with the app on my phone. I powered the watch off…. And the issue disappeared.

I proceeded to shoot another 60 rounds between Two rifles without a single error from the Labradar/app.

If you have any other bluetooth devices connected to your phone (while using the labradar) smart watch, kestrel, boom box, pocket pussy, etc…. Power it off and see if it resolves your issue, too.
Power off my pocket pussy?!?!?!? Are you cray cray???

I've seen this as well with a phone connecting to a car's bluetooth because it was in range.

When you lose connection via BT, have you tried (on the app) to go to Settings, Labradar devices, and then tap on the named Labradar. This should initiate BT and a data transfer whether the app thinks its connected or disconnected.

At least that's working for me.

And I recommend to NOT use the little circle refresh icon in the top right hand corner of the Settings page...locks my phone up hard every fucking time and requires me to reboot.

The intended functions of the app are good, IMO. Even the layout and user interface is ok. But reliability and connection to the radar absolutely suck.

When you lose connection via BT, have you tried (on the app) to go to Settings, Labradar devices, and then tap on the named Labradar. This should initiate BT and a data transfer whether the app thinks its connected or disconnected.

At least that's working for me.

And I recommend to NOT use the little circle refresh icon in the top right hand corner of the Settings page...locks my phone up hard every fucking time and requires me to reboot.

The intended functions of the app are good, IMO. Even the layout and user interface is ok. But reliability and connection to the radar absolutely suck.

Yup…. Tried it all. It always comes back with “failed” connection. Only way around it is to power off the Labradar unit and back on.

I need to go the range again just to confirm this does in fact resolve it, but 60 rounds (in the past) had like 8-10 disconnects. Just need to see it turning off the auto-sync on my watch will suffice.

Reactions: Baron23
If I delete a shot from a string the App goes white-screen-of-death and I have to force close it and re-connect every time. Huge PITA.

Reactions: Baron23
Yea.. even with the update, I still have loss connection. It’s seems that the Bluetooth range is very limited. I have to keep the phone at least 2 feet from the LR. Any further then that the signal strength is low, then losses connection. If only they had a way to hard wire connection type to iPhone or iPad. Get a long cable of at least 6 feet. That would be golden. Though, if one would be using a separate mic trigger, then that would suck. Cause there’s only one usb connection.

Yea.. even with the update, I still have loss connection. It’s seems that the Bluetooth range is very limited. I have to keep the phone at least 2 feet from the LR. Any further then that the signal strength is low, then losses connection. If only they had a way to hard wire connection type to iPhone or iPad. Get a long cable of at least 6 feet. That would be golden. Though, if one would be using a separate mic trigger, then that would suck. Cause there’s only one usb connection.
As mentioned above do you have your phone connecting to anything else via Bluetooth?

As mentioned above do you have your phone connecting to anything else via Bluetooth?
No.. but my phone does pickup other LabRadar nearby. And I don’t bring my earbuds to the range that I use to the gym. I use otto noizebarrier micro which is not a bt electronic ear plugs.

Updated to the new app, it connects to my phone but the app is stuck in the "Known Memory Mode". I've reinstalled the app a few times but upon opening it a Red bar across the top say "Known Memory Mode".
I can't get it to do anything though the app & just use with out, but the interface is lacking with the unit controls.
It's nice for load development when I have the range to myself but I don't see myself ever getting away from my Magneto Speeds.
Can't wait for more Doppler options, has anyone had this issue? How do I get out of this Mode, I've tried through the settings but it just shows Memory Mode Active & I can't figure out how to exit. BTW it was active when I opened new Updated app without touching any settings.

Updated to the new app, it connects to my phone but the app is stuck in the "Known Memory Mode". I've reinstalled the app a few times but upon opening it a Red bar across the top say "Known Memory Mode".
I can't get it to do anything though the app & just use with out, but the interface is lacking with the unit controls.
It's nice for load development when I have the range to myself but I don't see myself ever getting away from my Magneto Speeds.
Can't wait for more Doppler options, has anyone had this issue? How do I get out of this Mode, I've tried through the settings but it just shows Memory Mode Active & I can't figure out how to exit. BTW it was active when I opened new Updated app without touching any settings.

Means you are not connected to the LabRadar. Ensure permissions have been granted to the app and Bluetooth and Location are on.

Under that red bar it should say "Dashboard Settings", tap Settings.
You should then see LabRadar devices as the top item, tap it to view and connect to any powered on LabRadar it sees.

^^^^ this. Dash board button is on bottom left of screen then you see this screen. Tap on labradar devices and then click on your device to connect.

Screenshot_20221004-194805_LabRadar.jpg

I had it connected, but it only showed velocity of last shot after manually arming unit. I'll play with it more Friday, but I got really frustrated with it last weekend. Wish I wouldn't have done the update, before everything worked, just lost connection some times.

I had it connected, but it only showed velocity of last shot after manually arming unit. I'll play with it more Friday, but I got really frustrated with it last weekend. Wish I wouldn't have done the update, before everything worked, just lost connection some times.
yes, on the arming screen it will only show the last shot up top. if you scroll down you get the average and the SD / ES info. If you want to see all the shots click on the series button, bottom middle and open the series.

New app version out for Android on 11/22/2022

A setting has been added to control if loaded series should be refreshed when connecting to a Labradar. The user can choose to always or never refresh loaded series when connecting, but the latest series will ALWAYS be refreshed.
Fixed incorrect series date.
The changelog has been removed from the settings to avoid duplication with the store's changelog.

My iOS app still dies every time I delete a shot from a string. Every time I have to restart the app and reconnect to the radar. Huge pita. Hopefully they fix that asap.

If I push LabRadar settings my screen goes white and gets stuck there. I have to close the app and start over. I have all the newest updates installed. Any ideas? I would like to set up the chronograph via my phone.
Screenshot_20221208_191041_LabRadar.jpg

If I push LabRadar settings my screen goes white and gets stuck there. I have to close the app and start over. I have all the newest updates installed. Any ideas? I would like to set up the chronograph via my phone.View attachment 8016887

What firmware version on the labradar and what Android version are you using? I reported the same issue to them with Android 10 on a tablet.

What firmware version on the labradar and what Android version are you using? I reported the same issue to them with Android 10 on a tablet.
1.3.3 on the LabRadar and Android 13

Sent, thanks
I reported it again from another affected device yesterday and got a response this morning:

"First of all thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

This issue is currently known and we are actively working on it, a fix should be out soon in the app store.

Thanks for your understanding and patience."

New app build for Android released 12/20/22 that fixes the Settings menu crash. Works for me on Android 11 & 12 devices so far.

Reactions: MBanning
SAMSUNG SOLUTION

settings / General management / Reset /Reset network settings....
yes you. loose all your BT links and wifi access but it will connect to your LR and app.
did it with both Samsung s21ultra and tab4s. if you want to switch between phones then it was a matter of power cycle the Labrador and connect with the next handset.
WINNING

Thanks. This got my Samsung A52 5g working with the labradar.

New Android app and 2.0 firmware as of 9/2023

2.0 – Released September 9th 2023

Bug Fixes and improvements:

Hardware support v2.3
Wireless communication stability improvement

No change log for the app that I can find.

My LR is about 7 years old, will see how it does tomorrow.

How can I get it ?
firmware here:

links to both phone platform app stores here:

Fired 535 .22 LR rounds on a busy range today. The radio improvements seem to be a mixed bag for me on Android 12.
If there was another LabRadar in range it would make reconnecting take longer. The annoyance of needing to reconnect to the unit to delete a shot or update series info is still there. I use a recoil trigger so the occasional false trigger if I didn't run the bolt fast enough needs some series pruning.
I had braked shooters on either side all day long including a .30-378 and never had a false trigger from them.

One positive undocumented change in the app is if you hit 100 shots it will automatically make a new series.

Reactions: max1840