• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Labradar LX

I can share:

1) The LabRadar LX has a beam of 32 degrees.
2) It runs about 6 hours on constant use, and 10 with off/on use.
3) The original will remain in production alongside the LX so both will still be available.
4) The new LX unit does not do long range tracking like the original unit. Think inside 20 yards etc based on bullet size etc etc.
5) No trade in on the old units.
6) Shipping will be around early April.
Again, the fact that it doesn’t do long range kills about 70% of its possible marketability imo.

Not to mention the same app and likely same QC and CS.

I’m all for free market competition but I see no reason to buy this over a Garmin.

Again, the fact that it doesn’t do long range kills about 70% of its possible marketability imo.

Not to mention the same app and likely same QC and CS.

I’m all for free market competition but I see no reason to buy this over a Garmin.
If you need long range than neither the Garmin nor the LabRadar LX are going to work for you. The only one doing 100 yard measurements is the LabRadar V1 which they stated will remain in production so users have a choice.

Doc - Will AB be doing any comparative analysis of, for instance the Garmin and the LX, against your large doppler to gauge accuracy or consistency? TIA.

If you need long range than neither the Garmin nor the LabRadar LX are going to work for you. The only one doing 100 yard measurements is the LabRadar V1 which they stated will remain in production so users have a choice.
Correction it will do downrange if it works and actually catches the shot.They better lower the price to about $100 if they intend to sell any more new ones.

Orange Brick go BURRR.

Possibly, we are also data gathering as more systems come out. I am aware of about 8 consumer radar systems that are already or soon will be out.
I've been a LR user and have a Garmin and an AndiScan now. Interested in the Caldwell Velociradar and it's "chirp" concept vs doppler. Waiting for men much smarter than I to assess. Thanks again.

FX true ballistics standard read settings go to 300 yards for BC truing? I haven't even bothered reading the manual but I believe it can go further.

I've been a LR user and have a Garmin and an AndiScan now. Interested in the Caldwell Velociradar and it's "chirp" concept vs doppler. Waiting for men much smarter than I to assess. Thanks again.
That's just just intermittent radar signal for power consumption or an attempt to differentiate units operating on the same frequency?

FX true ballistics standard read settings go to 300 yards for BC truing? I haven't even bothered reading the manual but I believe it can go further.
Maybe I don't understand, but I don't see the value in any BC calculation at 100, 200 or 300yds. If you're shooting longer ranges, you should be truing at least at 600yds and better at 800- 900yds. JMHO

Reactions: robb_va
I don't know... 300 yards is asking a lot of these small RADAR systems. I have had my chance to play with my share of all kinds at this point.

Maybe I don't understand, but I don't see the value in any BC calculation at 100, 200 or 300yds. If you're shooting longer ranges, you should be truing at least at 600yds and better at 800- 900yds. JMHO
I have been talking with more than one company on how to achieve this with the next gen personal radar chronographs that are coming out (yes I already know about what is coming to replace what you guys just saw hit the market). Some of the ideas have already proven to work so wait to see what comes out in 18 months from now!

I don't know... 300 yards is asking a lot of these small RADAR systems. I have had my chance to play with my share of all kinds at this point.

I have been talking with more than one company on how to achieve this with the next gen personal radar chronographs that are coming out (yes I already know about what is coming to replace what you guys just saw hit the market). Some of the ideas have already proven to work so wait to see what comes out in 18 months from now!
And this is the problem with new emergency technologies. The upgrades are so fast buying some thing is almost a waste of money. It never pays to be an early adopter.

Reactions: LastShot300
And this is the problem with new emergency technologies. The upgrades are so fast buying some thing is almost a waste of money. It never pays to be an early adopter.
Without early adopters the money for R&D and next generations is non-existent. You can wait forever for the "newest" or you can just make a decision and enjoy a product.

Without early adopters the money for R&D and next generations is non-existent. You can wait forever for the "newest" or you can just make a decision and enjoy a product.
Maybe. I mean there’s a case for either argument. The people selling the product would agree with you. Sometimes just waiting a year is a good idea. Imagine how the people who spent 1200 on the tactic delta felt when less than 6 months later the 7 was released.

I have both, the Delta and Tactix 7, why not :)

LabraDar missed the window, they could have owned the space but instead sat back and did nothing for far too long and got passed. The year before several units like the BulletSeekr were on the horizon, how did they not see the writing on the wall ?

I am sure the new unit is awesome, but I broke the old unit 4x and the last time I didn't both sending it in, it's far too fragile, they knew this... what did they do, got passed on the track and tried to yell forward for us to slow down

Just got this Email from Labradar ... the first promotional notice from them since "Garmzilla" wrecked their town. Thought it was interesting that the Email says ... available late March / early April, and they're taking pre-orders. Interesting communication. That's really my only editorial comment ... interesting.

1706646591227.png
1706646648429.png

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
As stated earlier to little to late. I had a Lab Radar V1 never could get it work consistently . Still no news about addressing the issues with the V1. To me this looks like the IPhone vs Blackberry battle.

Just got this Email from Labradar ... the first promotional notice from them since "Garmzilla" wrecked their town. Thought it was interesting that the Email says ... available late March / early April, and they're taking pre-orders. Interesting communication. That's really my only editorial comment ... interesting.

View attachment 8336781View attachment 8336782
Found my note in the spam folder. :) In this case, I'll hang back and see what the comments / reviews are while using my Garmin.

Reactions: Texascbr
Doc - Will AB be doing any comparative analysis of, for instance the Garmin and the LX, against your large doppler to gauge accuracy or consistency? TIA.

Within about 3-6fps on an individual shot basis. Slightly better if you align it properly, slightly worse if you just throw it down at the limits of what it will pick up. Garmin and the old LabRadar both. On 10-20 shot strings averages end up within 1fps of what the big doppler head reads.

No info yet on the new LabRadar, but I'd imagine it'd be similar.

I got my Garmin, and I'm waiting for my next range day to try it out. One that I think is still interesting, is the Caldwell Velociradar. I'm especially interested in the ability to identify BC, and want to know to what distance it can accurately do that. I find the LX "uninteresting", but the Gadget-Guy in me might need to buy the first Caldwell, and see if it (a) measures out to longer distances, and (b) provides an accurate BC.

You aren't just trying to guess based on truing elevation data at one distance with a solver, it's tracking bullet velocity drop. Yes G1 changes significantly with velocity but G7 should be very close. I will have to see how far I can set it. Shooting 600 yards on Saturday.

Reactions: Defender3
OK, As I promise, I talked with labradar about everyting in a meeting. I also had the chance to test 2 of the new unit to try different firmware and put them together with the garmin to compare.

First of all, meeting with Infinition/labradar team about the Lx and other comments.
-They used made in North America as they are built in Canada, with US parts. And all their distribution goes from the US to worldwide. So a lot of the money of this product goes into the US and Canadian market, and they wanted to represent that. Sounds fair to me, but thats me.
-They put their price at 600, wich is where they were expecting it to be before the Garmin released. They don't wanna cut a 50 or 100$ out of it as they feel it will start a price war with Garmin, wich they know they can't win. A product made in Canada with US part will never compete with a Taiwan/chinese product cost.
-They will adress the customer service issue from their US center very seriously. As I said, we don't see that in Canada, neither they do in Europe, wich run on other warranty/service center.
-They are trying, to be competitive, to offer more for the value, wich is interesting to me. Here is what they accepted to let me know,
*Totally new app and firmware, also new tracking algorythm (all of that will also be updated to the big old unit) that resolve the connectivity issue. They get the new app to be made in-house and it's working perfecly so far in my testing compare to the OG one.
*They will have multiple (3) trigger source available that can be paired to confirm a shot. 1- Doppler, like the garmin, 2- Sound / mic, like the OG, 3- Accelerometer (if the Lx is rifle mounted). So you can pair for example the Doppler with accelerometer at the range, so it will only trigger when YOU shot, even if someone is 1 feet by your side, and wont trigger if you just drop the gun to the ground etc. as it will also need a bullet in the doppler cone. Experience with the garmin is if someone is too close to you it will trigger the doppler. Not too picky, but still an issue at ranges where everyone is 2-3 feet appart.
*They will have 2 setting. One "dump proof" close to the garmin where you just arm and shoot, don't care about anything. And a second one "advanced" where you can play with the 3 different trigger type sensibility, DOPPLER ANGLE (in case you shoot in a very narrow space, like some range where you shoot in a long tube) or maybe other uses, and some other different setting.
So couple of nice to have stuff. No necessity, but really some small features that make them interesting in the market.

Second part, my own testing. Take it for whatever you want, I'm not here to argue about MY feeling on it.
-We shot about 300 rounds from inside a metal barn for MB testing and a bit of fun. We did put 2 units at different place, different angle, etc. Larbradar team member was with us to take measure and check/test different version of his firmware and algorythm. On the 300 shots, 2 didnt get a reading, both from the same MB where the blast was pointing direcly at the Lx. They uploaded a new version of the firmware and it didn't happen again. Other then that, we got data all day, even putting the Lx at 30deg angle, wich was stupidly obvious the LX wasn't pointing in the right direction.
-We had a Garmin too, they were always withing 2fps, exception when we were putting the Garmin at more then 2 feet of the rifle, his data were showing a 30fps margin compare to the others. When we did the same with the Lx it still gave the same data as the closer Garmin and Lx ones. Not a big deal for the Gramin, just good to know that for reliable data it need to be close to the rifle (as it should be anyway).
We mounted the Lx on the rifle, on the ground, in front, under, over the rifle, picked all the shot, same goes for the Garmin.
-Unit have a internal battery (wich fully charged was good enough to measure 7 hours long in subzero temperature and ended up at 40% at the end of the day) AND a port for an external battery pack.

So this is it for now, they are still finalising app and firmware. To my perception it did feel like a final product to me, but they will make it better before the released.
I'll try to bring one at my next match, Frontline Fury in North Carolina in 2-3 weeks, if someone want to see it IRL feel free to meet me there or send me a PM, should be walking around on practice day.

Hopefully this small report brings answer to you guys. I'll do a video when I get the time, but you get must of the content now.

Last edited:
OK, As I promise, I talked with labradar about everyting in a meeting. I also had the chance to test 2 of the new unit to try different firmware and put them together with the garmin to compare.

First of all, meeting with Infinition/labradar team about the Lx and other comments.
-They used made in North America as they are built in Canada, with US parts. And all their distribution goes from the US to worldwide. So a lot of the money of this product goes into the US and Canadian market, and they wanted to represent that. Sounds fair to me, but thats me.
-They put their price at 600, wich is where they were expecting it to be before the Garmin released. They don't wanna cut a 50 or 100$ out of it as they feel it will start a price war with Garmin, wich they know they can't win. A product made in Canada with US part will never compete with a Taiwan/chinese product cost.
-They will adress the customer service issue from their US center very seriously. As I said, we don't see that in Canada, neither they do in Europe, wich run on other warranty/service center.
-They are trying, to be competitive, to offer more for the value, wich is interesting to me. Here is what they accepted to let me know,
*Totally new app and firmware, also new tracking algorythm (all of that will also be updated to the big old unit) that resolve the connectivity issue. They get the new app to be made in-house and it's working perfecly so far in my testing compare to the OG one.
*They will have multiple (3) trigger source available that can be paired to confirm a shot. 1- Doppler, like the garmin, 2- Sound / mic, like the OG, 3- Accelerometer (if the Lx is rifle mounted). So you can pair for example the Doppler with accelerometer at the range, so it will only trigger when YOU shot, even if someone is 1 feet by your side, and wont trigger if you just drop the gun to the ground etc. as it will also need a bullet in the doppler cone. Experience with the garmin is if someone is too close to you it will trigger the doppler. Not too picky, but still an issue at ranges where everyone is 2-3 feet appart.
*They will have 2 setting. One "dump proof" close to the garmin where you just arm and shoot, don't care about anything. And a second one "advanced" where you can play with the 3 different trigger type sensibility, DOPPLER ANGLE (in case you shoot in a very narrow space, like some range where you shoot in a long tube) or maybe other uses, and some other different setting.
So couple of nice to have stuff. No necessity, but really some small features that make them interesting in the market.

Second part, my own testing. Take it for whatever you want, I'm not here to argue about MY feeling on it.
We shot about 300 rounds from inside a metal barn for MB testing and a bit of fun. We did put 2 units at different place, different angle, etc. Larbradar team member was with us to take measure and check/test different version of his firmware and algorythm. On the 300 shots, 2 didnt get a reading, both from the same MB where the blast was pointing direcly at the Lx. They uploaded a new version of the firmware and it didn't happen again. Other then that, we got data all day, even putting the Lx at 30deg angle, wich was stupidly obvious the LX wasn't pointing in the right direction.
We had a Garmin too, they were always withing 2fps, exception when we were putting the Garmin at more then 2 feet of the rifle, his data were showing a 30fps margin compare to the others. When we did the same with the Lx it still gave the same data as the closer Garmin and Lx ones. Not a big deal for the Gramin, just good to know that for reliable data it need to be close to the rifle (as it should be anyway).
We mounted the Lx on the rifle, on the ground, in front, under, over the rifle, picked all the shot, same goes for the Garmin.

So this is it for now, they are still finalising app and firmware. To my perception it did feel like a final product to me, but they will make it better before the released.
I'll try to bring one at my next match, Frontline Fury in North Carolina in 2-3 weeks, if someone want to see it IRL feel free to meet me there or send me a PM, should be walking around on practice day.

Hopefully this small report brings answer to you guys. I'll do a video when I get the time, but you get must of the content now.
Thank you for the honest impression and pertinent info. I have the original which I've been happy with and look forward to the new app and firmware.

Reactions: sab567
Thanks, that's super helpful. I'll be very interested to see if the core issues with the existing Labradar, that are not present in the new Garmin ... have been fully addressed. Buggy app, incorrect SD protocol, need for tight aiming, fast battery drain, etc. ... are just a few of those. If they're all fixed, and this product's only fault is that (a) it's late to market, and (b) there's a perception that it took Labradar too long to address legacy issues ... then I'd think about it again. That said, the BC calculator and distance velocity measurements of the Caldwell VelociRadar, makes that a compelling choice as well, assuming everything else works as advertised. Having multiple positive choices on the market, separated only by a small subset of cool features ... will be a welcome situation for this previously under-served market segment.

Reactions: sab567
Thanks, that's super helpful. I'll be very interested to see if the core issues with the existing Labradar, that are not present in the new Garmin ... have been fully addressed. Buggy app, incorrect SD protocol, need for tight aiming, fast battery drain, etc. ... are just a few of those. If they're all fixed, and this product's only fault is that (a) it's late to market, and (b) there's a perception that it took Labradar too long to address legacy issues ... then I'd think about it again. That said, the BC calculator and distance velocity measurements of the Caldwell VelociRadar, makes that a compelling choice as well, assuming everything else works as advertised. Having multiple positive choices on the market, separated only by a small subset of cool features ... will be a welcome situation for this previously under-served market segment.
Oh yeah good point I'll add into the first one,
It have internal battery, and port for a battery pack. It was -20 (sub zero in F) when we tested, one unit was at 40% when we started so we put it on the battery pack right away, the other was fully charged (or so) and did all day (about 7 hours) without the battery pack and I think it was around 40% at the end. Hard to remember, but we never charged it, so a good point.

On the Caldwell... I have a highly doupt about the BC calculation capacity ... you could do a BC calculation with the OG Lr but it wasn't accurate enough to shoot longrange... so I guess que Caldwell will be the same. Plus size of the unit (bigger then the other, a but smaller then the big LR) and the screen (smaller then any others), a technologie that is known to give issues to get accurate measures, plus a company that is not known for his high quality product... I'm not sure it will give a really good option compare to the Garmin and le Lx. But that's my personnal opinion.

What do you mean "incorrect SD protocol"?

Reactions: Im2bent
What do you mean "incorrect SD protocol"?
There are two ways to calculate Standard Deviation ... one (the correct way) is to use exclusively the data elements that are included in the measured group. The other is using a "sampling" methodology (not the correct way). The Labradar uses the sampling method. Lots of discussion on this in other threads. Here's a super simple example using numbers 1-through-5:

1707417618853.png

There are two ways to calculate Standard Deviation ... one (the correct way) is to use exclusively the data elements that are included in the measured group. The other is using a "sampling" methodology (not the correct way). The Labradar uses the sampling method. Lots of discussion on this in other threads. Here's a super simple example using numbers 1-through-5:

View attachment 8344390
Having followed those "other" threads, I do not agree with you. Regardless, if we measure enough samples to get statistical significant answers, the two results are so close to each other as to not make a difference. And seeing that Labradar uses the same method as other chronograph manufacturers, you cannot use that as criticism of Labradar.

There are enough criticism as it is, no need to artificially create more.

I really wish the guys making these videos would value my time more and leave out the bull crap and the chitchat and the passing observations about the guy passing by and the self congratulatory nonsense

Also, I’m sick of the lab radar advertisements, talking about how they were first to market. They are also first to exit market and that’s all that matters now - stick a fork in them because they’re done.

I really wish the guys making these videos would value my time more and leave out the bull crap and the chitchat and the passing observations about the guy passing by and the self congratulatory nonsense

Also, I’m sick of the lab radar advertisements, talking about how they were first to market. They are also first to exit market and that’s all that matters now - stick a fork in them because they’re done.
Fast forward on the scroll bar.

“I didn’t have time to make you a short video so I made you a long one instead”

Or yappytrap could edit his videos to save thousands of us the trouble of scrolling through them to separate the wheat from the chaff

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23

View attachment 8344390

Rusty - This is a useful exposition but (pretty sure) fundamentally wrong.

1707505422174.png

Reactions: westsidecamper
The original Labradar is the most frustrating piece of equipment I've ever used, especially that crap phone app that never works and constantly loosing connection or it locks up completely having to restart my phone. Missed shots all the time also. No way would I buy another Labradar product. They made no effort to improve the function of the unit for how long?

Yes I know had one for 6 years as my work phone. It was way better then IPhone but they came out to late with the IPhone look a like and the rest is history!!

Reactions: ma smith