• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Labradar LX

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    While it looks nice, how it works is another story and if you ask me, they missed the boat by years. Too little too late. We shall see.....

O6A0KF2.png

Labradar LX

Labradar was the first to introduce Doppler Radar to the shooting sports at an affordable price. Continuing with its innovation we are proud to introduce a new model, Labradar LX. The LX is a compact Doppler Chronograph that contains the latest technology including:
    • Long lasting battery
    • Heavy duty metal case
    • Compact Design
    • Accuracy +/- 0.1%
    • Bluetooth enabled for App use
    • Weapon mountable
    • Velocity range of 65 - 5,000 fps
    • Ultra bright LCD display
    • Include tripod
    • Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity,
    • MADE IN NORTH AMERICA

Price: $599.95

How rushed to market this thing must be, priced the same as garmin too imagine that.

Everyone’s already bought the garmin and knows it works damn good. I see they list labradar as weapon mountable, I don’t get the infatuation with that but guys are obsessed with it for some reason.

I’m sure it’ll sell but Labradars burnt a lot of bridges with previous customers.

Last edited:
    If they had released it even as late as mid 2023 they would have pulled the rug right out from under the release of the Garmin and likely kept their spot at the top.

At this point, unless it offers substantial improvements over the Garmin, I think they're going to be relegated to a distant second in the consumer radar chronograph market.

The little sight at the top hints it may not be as forgiving on aiming as the Garmin is. Also, it's probably going to be much easier to disturb the aim of the unit when manipulating the front mounted buttons compared to the top mounted buttons on the Garmin, especially if mounted on a light compact tripod.

Obviously the HUGE success and great reviews of the Garmin Xero has lit a fire under their ass to get this thing announced (sort of) and shipping (not). There's no mention of it on the Labradar web sit ... not even a press release or product description. Clearly this thing is a ways away from being "real", and in the meantime, Garmin is going to clean their clock. To the OP ... where did you get that photo and the feature list? It's not on the commercial LR web site. Just curious ...

While it looks nice, how it works is another story and if you ask me, they missed the boat by years. Too little too late. We shall see.....

O6A0KF2.png

Labradar LX

Labradar was the first to introduce Doppler Radar to the shooting sports at an affordable price. Continuing with its innovation we are proud to introduce a new model, Labradar LX. The LX is a compact Doppler Chronograph that contains the latest technology including:
    • Long lasting battery
    • Heavy duty metal case
    • Compact Design
    • Accuracy +/- 0.1%
    • Bluetooth enabled for App use
    • Weapon mountable
    • Velocity range of 65 - 5,000 fps
    • Ultra bright LCD display
    • Include tripod
    • Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity,
    • MADE IN NORTH AMERICA

Price: $599.95
    What was the source for this cut/paste?

As mentioned, nothing on their website.

And yes, they tried to slow boat spending on any incremental improvements until Garmin started kicking their arse.

Somewhere there is a product manager who should be fired.

And they should use the money they save when they fire him, to hire a decent application developer that can fix their bug-infested phone app.
    Yep, just another hdwr vendor thinking an app is a dead simple, nice to have, add-on. And I agree, their app and its interaction with the radar unit is abysmal. Fucker locks up all the time.

• Angry
    Reactions: secondofangle2
    Yep, just another hdwr vendor thinking an app is a dead simple, nice to have, add-on. And I agree, their app and its interaction with the radar unit is abysmal. Fucker locks up all the time.
    I had a big debate with the developers and app support guys at LR, and proved to them that their app data was just "wrong", and didn't match what the LR was recording to the SD card. Once my proof convinced them, they said they'd fix it. That was over a year ago ... and it still has the same bug (along with a bunch of others). I loved my Labradar for years, and got the data I needed from the SD Card and literally NEVER used the app. I'm excited to try the Garmin app and see if it works. Need a shooting day first ... my local long-range is closed due to snow and ice-storms. That's why I'm here talking to you knuckleheads, instead of being at the range using my new Garmin Xero. :)

Looks like they built in a sighting tube which kinda tells me that it needs to be aimed like the original LabRadar. These guys owned the market and was sleeping while Garmin kicked them to the curb.

Reactions: wlittle49
    What was the source for this cut/paste?

As mentioned, nothing on their website.

And yes, they tried to slow boat spending on any incremental improvements until Garmin started kicking their arse.

Somewhere there is a product manager who should be fired.

Saw it posted on another forum. I have no additional knowledge than what was posted and no relationship with LR.

Looks like they built in a sighting tube which kinda tells me that it needs to be aimed like the original LabRadar. These guys owned the market and was sleeping while Garmin kicked them to the curb.
    I'll be interested to see if they've improved the bullet acquisition "trigger". I had to buy the JPM Recoil Trigger and basically use that all the time, with a light hand on the bolt when loading a new cartridge. It worked fine for me, but if they need external microphones and recoil triggers to make this new one work properly ... that'll be "Strike-2". ("Strike-1" was being late to market with a miniaturized form-factor.)

How rushed to market this thing must be, priced the same as garmin too imagine that.

Everyone’s already bought the garmin and knows it works damn good. I see they list labradar as weapon mountable, I don’t get the infatuation with that but guys are obsessed with it for some reason.

I’m sure it’ll sell but Labradars burnt a lot of bridges with previous customers.

My thoughts exactly. I also wonder if they’re just advertising it as weapon mountable to try to get a selling point over the garmin on that.

After my experience with a Labradar when they first released I certainly wouldn’t buy one over a Garmin when my experience with many Garmin products has been nothing but positive.

So do you know when they started development of this then?

I’m going to take what’s likely a pretty good guess and say development on this didn’t start till pretty recent…like around the time the garmin came out.

This not being listed anywhere even on their own website further reinforces my guess that it’s not even close to ready for sale and just thrown together to create hype. Hell maybe it’s fake and we’re all getting trolled that’d be pretty great.

Last edited:
    So scrambling to regain market share after Garmin innovated past them? Not that weapon-mountable doesn't sound cool, but there's a handful of places selling ARCA mounts for the Garmin now, so not sure how bog of a selling feature it is. Now fi the knocked the price a bit under the Garmin it could be the "we already have a Garmin at home" option for $50-100 off or so. Only other plus might be a metal case over the Garmin's plastic.

I can see it now, bros are going to be wondering if the grass is greener and some Xeros will be for sale. The hate for LR will increase to block out the desire to try the LX. That’s a coping mechanism.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Great debate ... but mostly moot. All we've seen is a "picture" and a "feature list" that may or may not be real. The average time from "Announcement" to "Availability" for stuff like this can be as much as 6-to-12 months, maybe more. This thing hasn't even been "announced". And when finally available, the early ones will be "Beta" versions where early adopters get to wrestle with all kinds of bugs and infestations. The Garmin is out, it's selling, it's real, and people like it. That's a huge loss for Labradar as a company and as a product. By the time they get the LR-LX commercially available, the LR-Garmin battle will be all over, and the winner will revel in the glory of their victory.

their user interface always sucked too. wonder if they're changing that now. WOuld love to be a fly on the wall at the LR company meetings

and its a metal housing and made in North America, and the latter at least counts for something
    This is currently what we in the technology business refer to as "VaporWare". It doesn't exist yet, so a feature debate is "interesting", but not "important". Call me when someone (a) has it, and (b) reviews it for us.

Reactions: TheOE800
    Agree. the only way they can possibly compete now after the utter debacle of their company is to offer the garmin at 25% less. Which would lead garmin to do the same, then they're toast anyway. #schadenfreude

Sorry I would rather have the actual product support that Garmin is known for. Garmin actually listens to consumers and makes updates accordingly. Lab Radar has a terrible track record in regards to product support and updates.
    This^^^^ I unassed my PoS Labradar within a week of original purchase because it was made abundantly clear to me that after sales sevice was in fact an AFTER-THOUGHT for the company.

Reactions: secondofangle2
    Perfect timing. Should be some sponsored YouTubers posting shortly how it dominates the garmin.

Then off to the px I go for my $450 Xero 😁👍

Either this will be a work of art and they wanted to get it completely right or they rushed the crap out of it. Only those two reasons would explain waiting for everyone to buy a garmin and allow them to dominate the chrono market for this long

Be interesting to see if it tracks as far as the original. Also be interesting to see if they improve the app to an acceptable level. There was a December 2023 update for the current one but it still drops connection and has the annoying need to need a reconnect to update a series after you delete a shot.

All the downrange velocity bois should be popping boners right now.
    According to this only one down range velocity. So looks like no more than what the Garmin does.

Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity.

According to this only one down range velocity. So looks like no more than what the Garmin does.

Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity.
    Which is separate from MV or as LR usually labels it V0. Looks like per the first photo its also showing V10 which signifies 10y or 10m depending on how its setup. So you’re getting V0 and Vx.
    Garmin is only MV.

Reactions: drglock
    Since the theme ITT has been “too little too late,” how the hell do people still use Harris bipods. Talk about a decade too late.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave

It wasn't rushed to market actually. It has been in testing for over 6 months.

Reactions: Defender3
    Why on God's green Earth would someone buy this when the Garmin has been sufficiently proven? Same money, larger size, smaller screen, shitty CS.

One might think previous LR owners might buy this in favor of the Garmin due to customer loyalty but IMO, previous LR owners would be the first to choose the Garmin over the LR.

Image 96.jpg

Image 1-19-24 at 3.25 PM.jpg

It wasn't rushed to market actually. It has been in testing for over 6 months.

Is 6 months supposed to be an impressive time frame? Because it’s not. The original has been out how many years and it still sucks so I’m supposed to believe they made an infinitely better product including app in 6 months time? Doubtful.