• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Lawn Mower

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I'll be leaving in a few hours to travel to the John Deere dealership to pick up a new X350 riding lawn mower. I now have a Cub Cadet that's only 2 years old. I've never been happy with it. Seems underpowered and the engine bogs down when I'm in thicker grass.

I wanted the seat that came on the X380 but the dealership wouldn't or couldn't order it with that seat. They wanted a stupid price for it at the parts counter. So off I went and found a 3rd part seat, built just like the JD seat. $200 delivered.

Why are John Deere parts so expensive? I can't remember what the price was for the JD seat, I think it was between $400 and $500.

Hi,

How many lawn mowers can you get for the price of a JD seat???

Sincerely,
    Theis

1623500308351.png

• Haha
    Reactions: tomcatmv and BLEE
    My buddy Karl got a new lawn mower. I forget what brand, but his choice was either the smallest commercial/professional size or the largest home owner size. He has about 7 acres of grass to mow.

He told me he had to write an email to the company, because his zero turn mower is so much FUN! He said he is addicted to mowing now.

When he went off to work in Texas, he asked me to mow his lawn, and I did, for a few seasons. I didn't get quite the enjoyment out of it that he did, and eventually told him to find some kid who needed money to do it.

• Haha
    Reactions: oneshot86 and BLEE
    They don't tell you that the tighter you turn, the more those tires chew up your lawn. It does take a few minutes to get the hang of it.
    The operator should know not allow one wheel to stop while the other is turning. When turning sharply reverse the inside wheel.

Ferris Z3X for me because I like to stand while mowing. If I wanted to sit ide have a Grasshopper.

Better get used to those replacement part prices. Lot of mechanical work is in your future. I hate, hate, hate my x500. I keep it because I can work on it with my eyes closed. Cost me at least $500 in parts a year. Fuck JD!

The operator should know not allow one wheel to stop while the other is turning. When turning sharply reverse the inside wheel.

Ferris Z3X for me because I like to stand while mowing. If I wanted to sit ide have a Grasshopper.
    Agreed, but he doesn't know, till he knows. Lol

Ferris IZ1500 48" deck, 21hp Kawi engine, shocks on all 4 corners for a .75 acre piece of dirt. ;) Bought in 06 IIRC, only replaced the drive belts about 2 yrs ago, change the oil annually, grease/lube it 2-3x a mowing season. New rear tires this past winter, about 500 hrs on the engine clock. I'll be dead or not able to mow before this one wears out.

Honda HRX is all you need. and you wont even need a seat.

I have one about five years old. Waiting on a coil. My last Honda was about $400, I used it for 20 years and sold it for $100. The electric start on the HRX was wasted money. I think it worked for about six months, but it does start on the first pull.

Picked up the JD x350 and I'm in love. Best mower I've ever owned. Talk about quiet, You'd swear it had a Honda exhaust system on it. I mean I can talk to people with the blades engaged and the throttle on high. The cuts are smooth and with the mulch attachment, it's amazing how fine the clipping are.

I'm a happy camper!!!

Picked up a Kubota Z400 54" deck last year , had a home depot john deere 36" riding mower lasted like 20 years. The Kubota is like a Indy Car compared to the old mower,takes like 15 mins now to cut the yard instead of a hour something.

As much grass as these bastards eat, you'd think i wouldn't need a lawn mower. Had a John Deere d140 with a bagger for leaves and a mulch plug for grass at the old house. 3 times the grass at the new place, so I got a Gravely ztxl60.
    20210612_092454.jpg

Also running two Ferris. One at the house and then one at the ranch house.

They're indestructible and the coilovers make for a nice ride

Huster Super Z 72" (Killer machine!), Fastrack 60", and XOne 60". Some of the best mowers I've ever owned.