• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leica LRP scope?

redtr6man

The Outlaw Josey Wales
Minuteman
May 1, 2019
Anyone familiar with thus new Leica LRP scooe?

F6CA9083-666C-4AFD-9265-F77F2FB2BCE2.png

Attachments

• F248F85A-C37B-48AA-BDEC-1C612E0FA503.png
    F248F85A-C37B-48AA-BDEC-1C612E0FA503.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 28F77C64-F8B4-4D95-9B8B-23E22D28625C.png
    28F77C64-F8B4-4D95-9B8B-23E22D28625C.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Cal Zant, the writer of PRB precision rifle blog had a hand in creating the reticle. I believe that everything Mr. Zant has a part of is done very well and everything is calculated to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. I have no doubt it's a solid piece of glass.

Cal Zant, the writer of PRB precision rifle blog had a hand in creating the reticle. I believe that everything Mr. Zant has a part of is done very well and everything is calculated to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. I have no doubt it's a solid piece of glass.

Reticles are very personal. PRB reticle did not agree with me at all. I went into detail on that in the other thread.

I hope Leica adds a different tree reticle to the PRS scope at some point. PRB reticle makes me want to dial exclusively.

ILya

Reticles are very personal. PRB reticle did not agree with me at all. I went into detail on that in the other thread.

I hope Leica adds a different tree reticle to the PRS scope at some point. PRB reticle makes me want to dial exclusively.

ILya
I their description they specifically mentioned it’s focused to dialers.

I’d prefer a bit more information from the tree area myself as I both dial and use holds depending on the situation.

Reactions: Aescobar17
I their description they specifically mentioned it’s focused to dialers.

I’d prefer a bit more information from the tree area myself as I both dial and use holds depending on the situation.

If it is aimed at dialers where is there a tree that goes down beyond 30mrad?

Dialers should be well served with Leica's Ballistic reticle.

ILya

If it is aimed at dialers where is there a tree that goes down beyond 30mrad?

Dialers should be well served with Leica's Ballistic reticle.

ILya
To maintain the tactical look?

lol

I totally agree with you.

They could have just done something like the first ZCO tree.
that’s a good reticle.

I’ll have go take a look at their ballistic reticle

To maintain the tactical look?

lol

I totally agree with you.

They could have just done something like the first ZCO tree.
that’s a good reticle.

I’ll have go take a look at their ballistic reticle

There are plenty of good tree designs out there. When I was designing the reticle for March and Meopta, I looked carefully at what is out there and, honestly, there are many good reticle to look at. For dialers who hold only when they have to, ZCO reticles are awesome. For people like me who hold a lot, S&B's GR2ID is a really good one to look at. For a middle of the road general purpose tree reticle TT's Gen 3 XR is a really nice design. My Meopta reticle was well received. I hope that the March reticles I designed will do well.

If you look at all of these, you will notice that they differ in how the primary aiming point is treated and how hold-under is treated. The tree once you get beyond 2 mrad of holdover is not that different, because that is what works.

For people who want a sparse tree, JPVCR and Gen 2 XR are good options.

ILya

Yes, we got some in a few weeks back and I've gotten a little time to play with it. Honestly pretty darn good scope that will certainly compete with NF and others in grabbing the attention of the PRS croww. Resolution and color transmission is what you'd expect out of a Leica product paired with some very good turrets and plenty of adjustment. Definitely one to look at if you're considering a new competition scope.