• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New LR shooter from Nc

Zbizzle911

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2020
Hello folks. I'm new to the LR shooting world. Wanted to do it for a long time. Finally bought a Tikka T3x Tac A1 in 65cm in March. Running a Gen 1 PST Viper 6-24x50 MRAD scope, Seekins one piece 20 MOA mount and an Atlas bipod. Took a class at BangSteel in Va and today shot from 460 out to a mile. Got two consecutive hits at a mile and called it a day. Wanted to end on a good note. Shooting my first PRS club match tomorrow at Frontline Defense.

Last edited:
Good evening, and welcome to the hide. I, too, am in NC, looking for some place to do some long range shooting (1000+ yds), and attended bangsteel along with my brother a few years ago. That class is what got me into LR shooting. Didn't shoot the mile though, my poor boy 308 just wouldn't make it that far.