• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New LR Target

Bloody_Tailgate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
Guys I have been thinking of a way to make finding actual dope measurments easier and I found something that works well for me so I figured I would share. I made a 30"x42" target with 1" markings all of the way down, upper bullseye is 3" and the 4 bullseyes on the right side are 1". I shoot this from 100, then move to 200 etc, then measure drop and have all of my info on one piece of paper. I also made a place to enter in load and conditions data, and 4 sighting/ fouling/cold bore targets.

l_f5592edb0b6c4453982d20df80b48818.jpg

Re: New LR Target

Good idea but do you have any idea how to print this to make it into an actual target? I'd love to use this.

Pretty cool, add me to the PDF wanting list.

yep it's a PDF and to get everything in scale you'll have to set plotter to 30"x42". Its a standard blueprint size so any kinkos or printing company can print it for you for a few bucks. PM me your email if you'd like the PDF and I'll send it right over!

Very good idea. Would be great to have to consildate dope from
different atmospheric conditions.

I sent emails with the PDF to all who PM'd me with email addresses. The offer is still open to anyone else who would like the file...enjoy...I want to see pictures posted of groups so make them all 5 shots so no ass chewing goes on!

Just caught up on emailing this morning, is there anything any of you think should be changed? One of the guys I sent it to changed it to Mil/Mil which is a great idea, maybe he'll share.

I guess you could flip it upside down and use it for a ladder test too!

This is hilarious! I have sent this thing out to about 60 people so far and every time I look at the computer there are more requests. I just laugh every time I see that little flashing envelope.

Anyway, <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Rodent</span></span></span> is the one with the Mil/Mil target, he thought that one up...wish I could take the credit it was a great idea.

I'll catch up on requests in the morning.

How bout someone host both of the targets and we all will be happy and no need to drive BT crazy with sending emails.

Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but if you're offering, I'll take it. This is sweet. Thanks for the simple solution Bloody. I'll PM with my e-mail
Macdaddy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bout someone host both of the targets and we all will be happy and no need to drive BT crazy with sending emails. </div></div>

^^^What he said...is there any way I can just make this PDF available for all to access whenever they need it?

I received the pdf file, but everyone in the Des Moines, Iowa area wants at least $7 per each black and white copy

Where are you guys getting your done at?

If some one with a plotter wants to do a few for me, let me know and we can work something out

THANKS

In the Northwest here I've seen prices like $3-$5 per linear foot (36" wide roll stock) or $7-$10 per sheet. It sounds similar to your pricing there.

You are probably better served to find someone in the surveying, mapping, civil, architecture, graphics industry who can plot some for you.

The other suggestion would be to negotiate a price for 50 or 100 sheets.

Setting the price for large plots is tricky at best because it really only costs a buck or two per sheet or something like that, but the labor and expertise is the expensive part and that's hard to estimate. So as a business owner, you have to be sure to not lose money, that's obvious.

We used to charge $10 for the first sheet and $1 for each additonal sheet. That's not a bad pricing model because of the time involved in printing something once. Typically the cost for additional copies is very low after that first one. Then you can talk about profit and that's a whole 'nother topic.

Still, find a shop who will work with you because you will be back for more business later. Not all business owners get that, some prefer to stick it to ya cuz ya might not come back. Every owner sets their own policy, shop around until you find one. If you don't mind shipping you can shop online.

The only other option is building the pattern in 8.5x11 tiles and tying to tile the pages into a bigger target. Probably not your idea of fun, unless you relish in self reliance.

Just my 2¢ worth~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyotesniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I received the pdf file, but everyone in the Des Moines, Iowa area wants at least $7 per each black and white copy

Where are you guys getting your done at?

If some one with a plotter wants to do a few for me, let me know and we can work something out

THANKS </div></div>

Call a building contractor or electrician and ask them who prints their drawings off for them. That same company will be able to print these off for you.

I just had another thought, it might be less expensive to have copies made (once you have a full sized target in hand) since that would not require a computer and operator.

So if you do get some printed, you might want to save one for copies.

Anyone that has got a copy of this target, would i please be able to get it sent to me. I have tried sending PM's to the original post creator and have got no response for over a week. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Best Friend=XD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone that has got a copy of this target, would i please be able to get it sent to me. I have tried sending PM's to the original post creator and have got no response for over a week. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks </div></div>

There is a link on page one look carefully and you will find it

Above your post, someone posted links to download the two different types of target (Mil/MOA).