• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New M-BRACE Scope Mount $279 from American Rifle Company

Interesting idea. Minimum ring height would be 32mm if identical serrations are used. You make a good point. Light weight attachments would be OK. Maybe that would be something for the distant future.

Someday we need to collaborate with Sniper's Hide on a public design project in real time. Maybe we design something like a tactical lever action rifle. Not sure how intellectual property would work with that but it would be fun.

Ted
For a SH Collab maybe something simple but a modern take on a Farquharson-style hammerless falling-block action, or maybe one with a hammer, that could shoot @THEIS high pressure cartridges. 🤷‍♂️

Is it bad when you start shopping for new scopes because there's a new mount available?

@karagias I realize the weight specifications say "Numbers are for a complete mount weighed on a scale with 0.1 oz resolution." I'm assuming this is mount only, no level, no rail(s), no LRF mount, etc? Just doing some comparisons with the typical Spuhr mounts I'd be replacing.

Last edited:
Ordered mine this morning and shipping information just moments ago. Can't was to have it in hand. I have fallen for the ARC Ring design.

How much cantilever would you want? The M-BRACE cantilevers by up to 1.27 inches (lower pic) if you don't use the forward screw. Doing so would be fine without the mass of an LRF. But if you need a cantilevered mount and an LRF, you need to find a place on the rifle to connect the LRF. I wouldn't recommend connecting an LRF to any cantilevered mount unless it's a super lightweight LRF. Does that even exist?

Ted

View attachment 7704993

Thinking about a small frame AR, don’t think your solution works since the goal is to avoid bridging the receiver and handguard. I’m not sure how much I need, I don’t have a ZCO anymore but keep thinking about picking one up for a 6mm ARC project.

How much cantilever would you want? The M-BRACE cantilevers by up to 1.27 inches (lower pic) if you don't use the forward screw. Doing so would be fine without the mass of an LRF. But if you need a cantilevered mount and an LRF, you need to find a place on the rifle to connect the LRF. I wouldn't recommend connecting an LRF to any cantilevered mount unless it's a super lightweight LRF. Does that even exist?

Ted

View attachment 7704993

Maybe the M-Brace isn't exactly the solution needed (for my applications anyway), but I've been poking you guys for a while to do a cantilever mount, primarily for the selfish wanting of your single-screw rings on everything I shoot. The problem comes with the available rail space on an AR-15 upper and the eye relief on most scopes. It'd be great if every handguard and upper in the world lined up perfectly, but often enough they don't. In pretty much every circumstance, but especially so when the rails don't line up, a guy hates to have any interference/bias/touching of the mount onto the forward rail vs. the one it's primarily being mounted to. The overlap of the female picatinny on the mount inevitably touches and is deflected by the off-centerness of the forward rail. Your M10-QDL with some cantilever (LOVE the thumb screws) would be bad ass for AR-15s. For now it's Spuhrs and double-digit fastener counts...

1631889336951.png

Reactions: DubfromGA
I’m trying to come up with another use for the LRF mount so I can order one. It just looks badass lol. Any thoughts?

Regardless, ARC has long since had the best rings on the planet (it’s not close), and stuff like this is why they are probably the best company out there. Even if this wasn’t another fantastic product, the last paragraph of this post would have earned another sale from me :)

I’m trying to come up with another use for the LRF mount so I can order one. It just looks badass lol. Any thoughts?

Regardless, ARC has long since had the best rings on the planet (it’s not close), and stuff like this is why they are probably the best company out there. Even if this wasn’t another fantastic product, the last paragraph of this post would have earned another sale from me :)
You could put a Send-it level or a Hawk Hill data board on the LRF mount. But, do you really need a reason to get one? This is the USA, we do shit just because we can

Anyone running one on a gas gun that would care to share a picture? I’m a big fan of ARC rings, and currently need a mount for an LMT I’m waiting on.

M-Brace showed up yesterday. Optic is now installed and ready for zero this weekend. This mount is awesome and I definitely like it better than a SPURH. It setting on an Origin Action with a Burris XTR3 5.5-30/56 on a 20 MOA Rail. This is a Zero MOA M-Brace. Center of optic to center of bore is 2.4.
tempImagecuZ8mB.png
tempImageHbByCT.png

It'll be pretty close. I'd still check it with a plumb line.
Agreed, a very small misalignment that you wouldn't detect with your eye can translate at distance into something much worse. Better to take the time to do it correctly, but that's a good start to get it 'close' so you don't have to fiddle too much more.

I will probably be switching all my Spurhs out to M-braces.

I will definitely be trying this as my next mount but I wish it wasn't 2oz heavier than comparable Spuhr for my crossover rifles.

I'm finally in the office to check the mount out in person and @karagias knocked it out of the park again! And we are excited about all the 35 and 36mm options :cool:

Can you please toss one on a scale without any attachments (no level/etc), and see what it comes out to (let us know what ring size/config)?

Hi folks. Ted here form American Rifle Company introducing our M-BRACE Scope Mount. Now available for purchase at https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/m-brace-mount-1402 for $279.

This mount has no equal, at any price. But for $279, I think we're really getting good at giving you what you want at an incredible price. And yes, it's all 7075 aluminum.

The mount is derived from our M10 rings which provides for super simple installation that doesn't roll your scope when tightening the scope clamp. But the big innovation is the serrated accessory interface. We offer an LRF mount that connects to both sides of the mount base by way of serrations, effectively unitizing the LRF and the mount to absolutely guarantee a constant positional relationship between your scope and laser range finder or other aiming device. This is an engineered product for which loads are the primary consideration.

A level vial is also included and can be positioned in various locations. Pick the one that works best for you. Auxiliary Pic rail is also available that can be secured to either the M-BRACE mount or the LRF mount, all by way of the serrated interface.

And as always, our goods are designed by American Rifle Company and made by American Rifle Company right here in the USA, actually just north of the communist homeless encampment otherwise know as Seattle.

Enjoy...

Ted

View attachment 7703486
View attachment 7703487View attachment 7703493hard at
Sweet! Richard @CSTactical just recommended it so I picked it up for the ZCO420. Can't wait to get it

Reactions: CSTactical
Got mine for my ZCO 4-20. It’s hella heavy compared to my M10 rings. Still playing around how I want the level placed.

Still, don’t see the reason to upgrade to the MBRACE if you already have nice rings. Do you y’all have Wilcox’s to mount up top. Actually, do you guys have working Wilcox’s to mount up top? If not, keep your stuff.

Got mine for my ZCO 4-20. It’s hella heavy compared to my M10 rings. Still playing around how I want the level placed.

Still, don’t see the reason to upgrade to the MBRACE if you already have nice rings. Do you y’all have Wilcox’s to mount up top. Actually, do you guys have working Wilcox’s to mount up top? If not, keep your stuff.
I got one for my ELR rifle, I wanted the 20 extra MOA

What a fantastic mount.. just ordered a 32mm height, 34mm ring, 0 MOA unit. Not that I needed it.

Will be replacing Warne mountain tech 34mm rings for my Razor Gen II on the 10/22 bench gun.

Again, what a nice mount, for a great price as well. Great job ARC.

Thanks

Edit: And, just got a shipping notice!! Thank you so much. :)

Last edited:
Received my 34mm / 8.7 mil cant mount today to replace a 0 moa spuhr. I was ready to buy another spuhr when I saw the announcement from Ted about these. The ARC mount is *very* stout and very nicely made.

Mounted everything up (1 bolt hinged rings that don't roll the scope and not having to worry about maintaining even ring gaps or criss-crossing multiple screws while tightening them is awesome by the way) and dialed the scope down the nominal 8.7 mils for the new cant amount.

Went outside and took one shot... Almost dead nuts. Dialed up 0.1 mil and left 0.2 mils... Perfect!

While I don't plan on mounting any heavy accessories to the mount on this rifle, Ted's bridge design to evenly distribute recoil forces from an LRF directly into the base is certainly the preferred way to go rather than hanging them from one side of the mount or worse yet to the top or side of a single ring cap as with the spuhr. Having the fasteners for the LRF/accessory mounts in the base and not the ring caps is also nice... a friend found out that it isn't pretty what happens to your scope tube if you mount an accessory rail to a spuhr ring cap and the screws are slightly too long... Oops.

I'll certainly be buying more of these in the future for new builds and may also buy some more to replace existing mounts.

Kudos to Ted for another great design.

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
Received my 34mm / 8.7 mil cant mount today to replace a 0 moa spuhr. I was ready to buy another spuhr when I saw the announcement from Ted about these. The ARC mount is *very* stout and very nicely made.

Mounted everything up (1 bolt hinged rings that don't roll the scope and not having to worry about maintaining even ring gaps or criss-crossing multiple screws while tightening them is awesome by the way) and dialed the scope down the nominal 8.7 mils for the new cant amount.

Went outside and took one shot... Almost dead nuts. Dialed up 0.1 mil and left 0.2 mils... Perfect!

While I don't plan on mounting any heavy accessories to the mount on this rifle, Ted's bridge design to evenly distribute recoil forces from an LRF directly into the base is certainly the preferred way to go rather than hanging them from one side of the mount or worse yet to the top or side of a single ring cap as with the spuhr. Having the fasteners for the LRF/accessory mounts in the base and not the ring caps is also nice... a friend found out that it isn't pretty what happens to your scope tube if you mount an accessory rail to a spuhr ring cap and the screws are slightly too long... Oops.

I'll certainly be buying more of these in the future for new builds and may also buy some more to replace existing mounts.

Kudos to Ted for another great design.
Kiba,

That means a lot. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad to see that you get it. While the LRFs are rather uncommon within the civilian ranks, it's important for me that people know where to find an engineered solution to the LRF mounting problem. I think this mount will likely accommodate evolving customer needs. Connections to both front and rear serrations are also possible. We'll see where this goes...

Thanks again for your words and your business.

Ted

What a fantastic mount.. just ordered a 32mm height, 34mm ring, 0 MOA unit. Not that I needed it.

Will be replacing Warne mountain tech 34mm rings for my Razor Gen II on the 10/22 bench gun.

Again, what a nice mount, for a great price as well. Great job ARC.

Thanks

Edit: And, just got a shipping notice!! Thank you so much. :)
Greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ted

Reactions: MackDaddy1962
This thing is a tank. Really like it!

Am I stupid or could I mount the scope by lining up the dial mark within the ring gap?

View attachment 7709172
That totally works. Lots of our customers have been doing exactly that for years. Thanks for your business and for your post. Enjoy.

Ted

View attachment 7708850

Loving it. Built like a tank.

Only change I would request is the screw hole for the raptar to mount direct to the top bridge instead of needing the pic rail grabber.
Can you loan a Raptar to us? I'd like to get a look at one of these first hand. Maintaining alignment between optics is all about nuance. I'd like to understand the Raptar interface both with and without Pic rail. I don't know anyone at Wilcox but I'd really like to meet their dev team. Maybe we can work together on a Raptar specific LRF mount.

Ted

Can you loan a Raptar to us? I'd like to get a look at one of these first hand. Maintaining alignment between optics is all about nuance. I'd like to understand the Raptar interface both with and without Pic rail. I don't know anyone at Wilcox but I'd really like to meet their dev team. Maybe we can work together on a Raptar specific LRF mount.

Ted
Yes I can. Let me find it lol. Its in a bag here somewhere.

Reactions: SniperBro