• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mack Bros Element Action... Impressive!

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
Screenshot_20240125_155812_Chrome.jpg

So apparently Mack Bros snuck the Element action on their site before Shot Show. Looking at the specs and price I decided to grab one for a lightweight 308 shorty build. I also grabbed their lightweight integrated ring mounts.
20240125_113107.jpg
20240125_113313.jpg
20240125_115719.jpg

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this action. As far as I can tell it's the lightest stainless action and way cheaper than the other options in it's class.

Last edited:
never ever ever again will I buy an action/ gun with a propietary top rail. We stopped doing that for the better and I'm not going back for 1.1245oz

Comes with a pic rail. The mount is an extra option
should probably advertise it with the configuration 99.9% of people will want it in. looks kind of misleading to advertise weight either with no rail, or a rail no one should be using.

should probably advertise it with the configuration 99.9% of people will want it in. looks kind of misleading to advertise weight either with no rail, or a rail no one should be using.
They do and it's in the description. The weight is of the action it's self. Defiance ANTI is advertised the same way.
Screenshot_20240125_163613_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: calib
Curious if this action is compatible with AICS or possibly AW magazines. I can't imagine it's only designed to be BDL compatible, where you can take a factory 700 and use an AICS system.

Either way I'm digging the weight!

It Doesn't say the weight is with the mount; I would assume not since you have to buy it separately so it's more money than the current options. (CDG, Origin)

• Haha
Reactions: dirtytough
Curious if this action is compatible with AICS or possibly AW magazines. I can't imagine it's only designed to be BDL compatible, where you can take a factory 700 and use an AICS system.

Either way I'm digging the weight!
It works with AICS according to Mack Bros.

Reactions: calib and jbell
These are typical Mack Bros, top notch machining and finish. Great actions for the price.

Wanting to build a new long range small caliber.
Mack or the Coup de Grace.
Want a side by side comparison.

Wanting to build a new long range small caliber.
Mack or the Coup de Grace.
Want a side by side comparison.
2 very different actions that aren't really comparable. I think the element is specifically made for those who want the lightest action possible within it's feature set/specs. The "lightweight" CDG is just a lighter CDG, not really a lightweight action.

The standard evo 2 does, there’s about a zero percent chance the element has a shorter magazine cutout. Theyre calling a “short action BDL” in the description.

Stuck a set of calipers in the Element today, 3.210" magazine cutout on the receiver.

20240215_185908.jpg

Here's a quick snapshot comparing the top of the Element to a closed top Evo as well.

20240215_185838.jpg

The standard Mack Evo takes Stiller two piece bases, the Ti takes Nosler pattern.

The Element mimics the Evo, I think. I'll confirm in the morning when I can get all three of mine side by side
From what I was told by mack bro's the evo2 and the element are same bases which from what I have been seeing
Stuck a set of calipers in the Element today, 3.210" magazine cutout on the receiver.

View attachment 8350140

Here's a quick snapshot comparing the top of the Element to a closed top Evo as well.

View attachment 8350142
I was told they were same base screw spacing as defiance, but will have to verify against my anti when my ffl gets back from vaca.