• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New McMillan HTG M40A1 smear stocks!!!

When you see it…
IMG_1323.jpeg

I have been lurking on here for a while and watching this thread with interest... I have a M40A1 stock on order (since Dec 23) in forest camo and when placing the order I asked politely if they could make it as a smear stock and they said they wouldn't be doing another run... But it looks like they have indeed done another run.

Does anyone know of this will be a more regular thing, or still random, limited runs? I've always wanted one and would give a toe or two to get one but they won't let me order one...

Does anyone know of this will be a more regular thing, or still random, limited runs? I've always wanted one and would give a toe or two to get one but they won't let me order one...

They said only limited runs and you can not make a custom order in those patterns. That being said there is one on gb from a member here and a few posts back there was a member that had one or two they were going to sell post#398

I have been lurking on here for a while and watching this thread with interest... I have a M40A1 stock on order (since Dec 23) in forest camo and when placing the order I asked politely if they could make it as a smear stock and they said they wouldn't be doing another run... But it looks like they have indeed done another run.

I have a couple as well feel free to PM me

So not only is this “new smear” M40A1 stock #50 (for the matching McMillan 50th anniversary “limited” run, lol), but it’s also one of the more unique pattern of the new smears turned out. And dare I say it, one of the better looking ones too? No collectors’ special mistake of a heavy recoil lug inlet though, lol.

A765B70D-B4B2-4293-B093-53C484149D5D.jpeg

I was waiting for #50 during the February release, figuring that was the end of it. Then I thought they might be saving it for a build giveaway. It looks good! The light green is translucent and the loam brown is more prominent.
Did McMillan ever actually say, “Limited to 50.” Or did it just grow out of the forum and a focus on 50 years?

Whats the build plan? Are you going full Unertl or the more achievable transitional?

Last edited:
I was waiting for #50 during the February release, figuring that was the end of it. Then I thought they might be saving it for a build giveaway. It looks good! The light green is translucent and the loam brown is more prominent.
Did McMillan ever actually say, “Limited to 50.” Or did it just grow out of the forum and a focus on 50 years?

Whats the build plan? Are you going full Unertl or the more achievable transitional?
I don’t think anyone ever officially said there were only going to be 50 new M40A1 smear stocks made. I think it was conjecture based on McMillan’s obscure “limited production” verbiage and last year being their 50th anniversary. Regardless, there are definitely more than 50 of these new smears made and released, not even counting the batch of stocks made outside of these online store exclusives and the new non-M40A1 stocks made using the same forest smear camo and colors (the A4 stocks included in this past drop, and stocks such as at least one A3A ordered by a popular shop in the industry).

So not only is this “new smear” M40A1 stock #50 (for the matching McMillan 50th anniversary “limited” run, lol), but it’s also one of the more unique pattern of the new smears turned out. And dare I say it, one of the better looking ones too? No collectors’ special mistake of a heavy recoil lug inlet though, lol.

View attachment 8412051

One of the better looking ones? Damn dude, that stock is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations on snagging it, that one is an absolute trophy and will be beautiful on a new build!

Just a follow-up... workin on breaking in the barrel, and if anyone is wondering, Hart barrels perform!
This is 3 shots at 100 yards after I finally got the scope zeroed... the barrel is cleaning easy too.
M40A1 3 Rds 100 Yds.jpeg

I know alot of people say you don't need to break in a barrel... I say, why not? I cleaned after each of the first 6 rounds, and then cleaned after 3 rounds for the next 9, and then I cleaned after 5 rounds for the next 15.
DW

Just a follow-up... workin on breaking in the barrel, and if anyone is wondering, Hart barrels perform!
This is 3 shots at 100 yards after I finally got the scope zeroed... the barrel is cleaning easy too.
View attachment 8416061

I know alot of people say you don't need to break in a barrel... I say, why not? I cleaned after each of the first 6 rounds, and then cleaned after 3 rounds for the next 9, and then I cleaned after 5 rounds for the next 15.
DW

That's a hell of a nice group! Who built your rifle, Mike at Tac Ops?! Lol! I assume it's a Raven build, too bad he's no longer in the business. He used to take on side projects here and there, but he just recently allowed his FFL to expire, so he can't build anything anymore, unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: Coejro
Raven was the best clone builder in the business....true restoration quality work, his builds will shoot.....I was considering another M40 series and a MK13 build......without Raven I am done.