• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New MCS-T5A stock and MCS-DBM Mini Chassis

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
Would like to introduce our new MCS-T5A thumbhole stock and our new MCS-DBM mini chassis system. This stock will be offered in two version a T5 non adjustable cheek and the T5A with a adjustable cheek and KMW hardware. The T5A version is designed as a right hand grip, the T5 non adjustable cheek version has a ambidextrous grip. Although the T5A version is a right hand stock, we designed it so that if have to shoot with your weak hand it stills feels good. The grip of the stock is also designed to move your hand down and forward so your trigger finger is in a more natural position and you are not having to reach for the trigger. The dog nut behind the trigger looks odd but makes your hand return to the same spot each time you grip the stock. It works very well with all sizes of hands, small or large. Both stocks will come standard with a full inlet, your choice of color, a fixed 1" decel pad and a set of 9/16" pillars.

The stock is designed to take standard factory rem 700 and all aftermarket trigger guards, but this one is equipped with our new optional MCS-DBM mini chassis system. This is designed to give you a bolt in and go rock solid chassis system in a standard stock. This system is made exclusively for us by Badger Ordnance, it is held to the same standards as all there other products. It takes the standard AI 5 and 10 round mags. The mini chassis is installed through the top and becomes one with the stock. It is first bedded into the stock and secured with cross pins that tie the sides of the stock with block. This option will be offered in all of our stocks, and we will also install into other manufactures stocks down the road.

We will have both the new T5A stock and the MCS-DBM system in our booth at the Shot Show if you want to try them out.
Once we finalize the details we will start taking orders on both Jan. 1St. Thank you very much,
t5a-left.jpg
t5a-right.jpg
mcs-t5A597.jpg
mcs-t5A607.jpg
minileft.jpg

Re: New MCS-T5A stock and MCS-DBM Mini Chassis

Well done sir. That stock will fill a niche of another that guys can't get. You'll do very well with this one.

i really like the looks of the mini chassis setup. that is a great idea and seems like it would be nearly fool-proof.

Does the chassis system eliminate the need to bed the action? Sounds like it does. If you order the stock and chassis system, does the chassis come already bedded to the stock?

Very nice looking stock. Will it be available with molded in colors or camo?

The minichassis block looks neat. I assume no bedding is the goal?

If the trigger guard or mag catch area of the chassis bottom is damaged or bent, wouldn't it require that the entire thing be cut out of the stock to replace?

When will you have the long actions out?

Clay

nice; now start working on a folder
smile.gif

Awesome! This is what I was asking about when I called 6 weeks ago. Was told that it wouldn't be out until later, so I ordered a T4. Just my luck.

Damn fine. How light can you get it going with more carbon fiber and omitting the chassis?

Cutting edge.

Really great idea with the Chassis system. Is it going to be offered in other Manner's stocks at the same time? And I am guessing does this negate the need to bed the action?

I don't suppose you're going to do an introductory group-buy like you did with the T3s?

So with the optional MCS-DBM mini chassis system. I shouldnt need to bed the stock? Will this only be for the Remington Short action ?

Wow...that is some great work there. Thank you Tom, can't wait to see it work its way into the other stocks like my favorite (MCS-T)!

Tom

looks great, i am guessing i can order one of these with the chasis and then i will be able to drop rem 700 barreled actions in it as well as a surgeon barreled action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom
looks great, I am guessing I can order one of these with the chassis and then I will be able to drop rem 700 barreled actions in it as well as a surgeon barreled action? </div></div>
Yes the chassis is cut so it will work with both the rem 700 s/a and the surgeon s/a with a factory lug or a oversized lug. If you are going to run both actions and set the stock up as a switch stock, we would need to make a modified bolt notch in the stock that will work for both, the surgeon is straight and deep while the remington is swept back. Also you would need to decide on what loading port cut you want, the surgeon will work with both but will not match up perfectly with the remington. We would also need to make the bolt release cut on the stock for the surgeon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BMG50CAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So with the optional MCS-DBM mini chassis system. I shouldnt need to bed the stock? Will this only be for the Remington Short action ? </div></div>It is designed for you to bolt your barreled action in and go, the barrel will be a complete float. I am sure that some guys will still bed them just like they do a AI chassis though. Yes we will offer them in a remington long action late spring of 2010.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really great idea with the Chassis system. Is it going to be offered in other Manner's stocks at the same time? </div></div> Yes we will offer it in all of our stocks as a option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn fine. How light can you get it going with more carbon fiber and omitting the chassis? Cutting edge. </div></div> The mcs-t5A standard shell will be about 3.9 lbs, the t5 non adjustable will be about 2.9lbs. The 90% carbon fiber shell will take about 0.4 lbs off of both. We will know for sure the first week of Jan, when we do the first run out of our production mold on the T5A stocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claynewsome</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice looking stock. Will it be available with molded in colors or camo? The minichassis block looks neat. I assume no bedding is the goal? If the trigger guard or mag catch area of the chassis bottom is damaged or bent, wouldn't it require that the entire thing be cut out of the stock to replace? Clay </div></div> The stocks will be offered in black gel with our standard polane finish to start, molded in colors to follow in the future. Yes if for some reason the trigger guard or chassis is damaged it will need to come back to us for repair or replacement. If the mag catch hardware becomes damaged it can be changed out in the field. Just like all of our other products these are engineered with extreme overkill for strength, they very solid and strong. Also just like everything else with the Manners name on it, we stand behind them with a live time guarantee, no questions asked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking stock!!!! Tom, what is the price??? </div></div>The MCS-T5A is $615.00 and the T5 non is $475.00 plus shipping. Both stocks will come in a full inlet, your choice of color, a set of Badger 9/16" pillars, and a 1" decel pad. The MCS-DBM mini chassis is $360.00, it will come with one 5 round mag. If the chassis system is ordered with a new stock it will come fully installed ready to go at no additional cost.

Thank you very much,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can these be inlet for a Badger M2008? </div></div>Yes they will take the M2008 inlet, but the back tang will need to be modified to look correct for the higher tang on the M2008. We usally try to keep the M2008 in our custom T4A mold. Thanks

I think this just made my DBM choice for me since I was planning on using a Manners Stock for my latest project. Any more pics of the DBM you would be willing to share?

how thick of recoil lug with these accept without modification?

How does the bottom metal fit (behind the trigger) if you order it inlet for a standard M5 or Surgeon or some such?

Is it only a matter of time before the ambi is available with adjustable cheek or is that not going to happen?

Hi,
i'm a new member to this forum, but I've been browsing for a while. This stock looks fantastic, just what I was looking forward to! My only question is: Will you be making them for left handed Rem. 700 actions?

There should be a warning in threads like these that states

"looking at these pictures will screw with any budget you think you have for your rifle and for that matter your life. Also any plans you have made using products that you hdve handled will change now"

anyway. Do these grips have the same shape / feel as the GAT?

I have seen one of these stocks in person and I can tell you that they feel ten times better than the GAT.

Regarding the ambi/left hand questions, I am a lefty and even the RH only version feels very comfortable. The index finger lays perfectly in the groove intended for the RH thumb. I would have no hesitation buying a RH version for purely LH shooting.

Another benefit of this stock that no one has mentioned is the extra width (very subtle) that allows the installation of a Badger EFR mount.

Plainly put this stock kicks ass.

Ern

Is Manner's going to offer the T5 in right hand version or just ambi?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Manner's going to offer the T5 in right hand version or just ambi? </div></div>

The adjustable one IS right hand only, the non-adjustable one can be had in ambi-grip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the bottom metal fit (behind the trigger) if you order it inlet for a standard M5 or Surgeon or some such? Is it only a matter of time before the ambi is available with adjustable cheek or is that not going to happen? </div></div> The stock that we used for the pictures is set up with our new DBM chassis, which is inleted through the top of the stock. The area that you are talking about only needs a 3/8 hole for the rear screw. On a standard trigger guard inlet, they will be inlet from the bottom, the area behind the trigger will have a inlet cut so the guard can be installed from the bottom. This area is wide enough to do this, but not wide enough to interfere with your trigger finger. As of now we are only planning on makeing the T5A in a right hand version, the non adjustable cheek version the T5 will have a ambi grip. It will also depend on the amount of response that we get for a ambi version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fodderboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,
i'm a new member to this forum, but I've been browsing for a while. This stock looks fantastic, just what I was looking forward to! My only question is: Will you be making them for left handed Rem. 700 actions? </div></div> The remington 700 left hand inlet can be had in all of our stocks. The only note is that the grip area of the T5A is really set up for a right hand shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Manner's going to offer the T5 in right hand version or just ambi? </div></div> For now MCS-T5 non adjustable, will just be the ambi grip area version.

Thank you very much,

Awesome Work! Getting an adjustable with the chasis puts it right at the same price as a AICS... so Im torn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how thick of recoil lug with these accept without modification? </div></div>It was designed for up to a .312 thick lug with a max length from the bottom of the action of around .580". Thank you,

Tom,

Outstanding work . So if I read your posts right this chassis system will be also available for order on your MCS-T3 and MSC-T stocks? Also taking orders on these after Jan1 2010?

Thanks...

Love your stocks Tom but not the ambi grips, makes them too fat IMO unless you got huge hands. Makes it even harder to do a 90deg trigger finger and hold the stock well.

Like the grip position changes that allow for a natural hand/finger position, would be good to see it on the T.

"The dog nut behind the trigger"

You talking about me Tom???

OK, so really, what is it you are referring to?

We are looking into doing a chassis for the FN action.

Steve, I think the dog nut is the block behind the trigger guard. It's a high speed top secret military term.

So what are the options of a LH shooter with a RH action wanting an adjustable cheekpiece?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">We are looking into doing a chassis for the FN action. </span>

Steve, I think the dog nut is the block behind the trigger guard. It's a high speed top secret military term. </div></div>

I will definitely postpone my stock selection until this happens. Hope I'm not waiting too long.......
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what are the options of a LH shooter with a RH action wanting an adjustable cheekpiece? </div></div>

Karsten.
Or you can go cry in the shower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will have both the new T5A stock and the MCS-DBM system in our booth at the Shot Show if you want to try them out. </div></div>

What will the price difference be on the carbon fiber stock vs the regular T5A?

Had to call Santa and change my list!!! Best design I've seen yet.