• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New MCS-T5A stock and MCS-DBM Mini Chassis

Re: New MCS-T5A stock and MCS-DBM Mini Chassis

T5A in my future.

Get ready to inlet for a M2008 Tom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really disappointed in the RHO thing. No ambi and adjustable? Are all left hand shooters the same size?</div></div>

Yeah, me too. For me "right handed" refers to which side the bolt is on. Has nothing to do with which hand will be pulling the trigger.

Talked to Tom. He's gonna take care of us lefties....
grin.gif

That's why Manner's is tops in my books. The owner gives a shit enough to <span style="font-weight: bold">call me</span> and let me know that he'll modify a stock to accommodate our needs.

Unbelievable commitment to excellence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talked to Tom. He's gonna take care of us lefties....
grin.gif

That's why Manner's is tops in my books. The owner gives a shit enough to <span style="font-weight: bold">call me</span> and let me know that he'll modify a stock to accommodate our needs.

Unbelievable commitment to excellence. </div></div>

Amen, Tom talked to me too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will it fit a surgeon 591 action Tom ? </div></div>Yes the mini chassis is desinged to work with the straight deep bolt cut that is needed for the 591. We tried to design it so that the bolt notch cut would work with all current remington right hand foot print actions. We will also will be able to modifie it for the left hand actions also. No problem on the stock the 591 is a standard inlet.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Centerfire1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What will the price difference be on the carbon fiber stock vs the regular T5A? Had to call Santa and change my list!!! Best design I've seen yet. </div></div>The cost of the 90% light weight shell option is $55.00

Thank you,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talked to Tom. He's gonna take care of us lefties....
grin.gif

Unbelievable commitment to excellence. </div></div>

Amen, Tom talked to me too. </div></div>

So ambi-adjustable can be ordered Jan 1? Or is this something that's going to be another 6 months out to get the modified mold back?

I got no call, I feel so insignificant in the eyes of the maker (of stocks)
laugh.gif

Ratbert,

Tom told me that they were going to work on the ambi design soon, so I imagine that Jan 1st is out, but it's worth waiting on for me. I was getting ready to put my new M2008 build in a AICS, but now I'll wait for T5A.

BTW, the only reason he called me is b/c I keep pestering the little paint gnome that works under his desk....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ratbert,

Tom told me that they were going to work on the ambi design soon, so I imagine that Jan 1st is out, but it's worth waiting on for me. I was getting ready to put my new M2008 build in a AICS, but now I'll wait for T5A.

BTW, the only reason he called me is b/c I keep pestering the little paint gnome that works under his desk....
grin.gif
</div></div>

I suppose it HAS been months since I was a pain in his ass. I need to go spend some time swapping between my T4A and the T4 w/ Karsten. I'm thinking I'll just get a T5 and add the saddle. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm pondering a thumbhole stock as I love the way my AI chassis feels but hate the weight. Does anyone in my neck of the woods have a GAT or is getting one of these that I can fondle?

If not, anyone going to SHOT that will let me live vicariously through them?

Thomas, what about a video comparison between this stock and the GAT?

I was going to buy a stock here shortly, now that I know this is on the way in spring 2010 for my 700 LA....I'm going to wait it out and pick it up. Great looking stock Tom. Very nice.

get your name on the list! i have had my name on the list for some time! cant wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't suppose you're going to do an introductory group-buy like you did with the T3s?

</div></div>Yes, just like all of our other new designs we are going to offer a Group-buy for Hide members. Thank you,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't suppose you're going to do an introductory group-buy like you did with the T3s?

</div></div>Yes, just like all of our other new designs we are going to offer a Group-buy for Hide members. Thank you,</div></div>

Awesome!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't suppose you're going to do an introductory group-buy like you did with the T3s?

</div></div>Yes, just like all of our other new designs we are going to offer a Group-buy for Hide members. Thank you, </div></div>

Thomas, when will you offer Rem 700 LA group buy? Will it be around the same time frame?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thomas, what about a video comparison between this stock and the GAT? </div></div>

Yes Tom, any chance for a video or series of pictures that would help us see the comparison hand positions between your different style stocks like the T, T5 and T5A?

Most of won't have the chance to attend SHOT.

BTW, be expecting an introductory Group Buy with special 'Hide pricing soon!
grin.gif

I think that stock + DBM is going to give the AICS a run for the money. I like it! And wouldnt mind trying it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that stock + DBM is going to give the AICS a run for the money. I like it! And wouldnt mind trying it out. </div></div>

My new .243 that has an AICS sitting here for it (which is a stock that I love), is now getting the new T5 instead. I liked the GAT stock, so I think this will be a winner for me.

Hey great new stock and the mini chassis is a top idea for tacticle use where heavy usage and repeated removal might damage bedding so the alloy block will take care of it.

hey Tom have you got that invisibleT4A for the 8000 and the 2 T4A's for the lapuas ready and painted for shot with the accushots on them? would love to see a pic of them if you get them ready for SHOT?

I have been lurking on this forum for a while, and a group buy for this stock made me create an account.

It is absolutely a beautiful design.

<whistles Dixie>

Any updates on this? I am definitely looking forward to more information!

I am really excited about this stock, (much to my wife's chagrin, I am sure!)

I am also very interested in this, any updates are far as the timeline? Considering dumping my AICS for a t2 or t4 with the mini chasis dbm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downtown_adam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think, maybe, they are busy getting ready for SHOT Show. </div></div> Should have all the specs on the group buy up by the end of the week. Thank you very much,

Tom,

You already answered the question of the new stock being inlet for the Badger action but what about the chassis? Think the chassis in a T4 would be a fantastic set up IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom,

You already answered the question of the new stock being inlet for the Badger action but what about the chassis? Think the chassis in a T4 would be a fantastic set up IMO. </div></div>Yes we have looked at the FN, Badger 2008 and a few other actions, but it will depend on demand. Remington based actions are probable 90% if not more of all inlets now days, that is why we came out with it first. Thank you very much,

Guys,

I will be taking care of the GB on this. I plan on having all the info, including GB price, up and ready to go by weekend.

I'm creating a form I will email to those interested that you can fill out online and email back to me. This will be your "work order" and will include:

* Color / camo preference
* Action / Bottom Metal inlet choice
* sling attachments
* Front Pic rail for Atlas style bi-pods
* Standard or adjustable cheek piece
* Fixed LOP or spacer system

I will provide a link to the GB section on this thread when it opens. I also hope to have more pics up by this weekend.

I'm super excited about this stock, I can't wait to get mine too!
laugh.gif

I take it the group buy will just be for the T5A's? I might be interested in a T2A or T4A with the DBM Mini Chasis.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Group Buy is</span> OPEN!!!!

GB is only for the T5 and MCS-DBM system.

Re: New MCS-T5A & MCS-DBM Mini Chassis GB OPEN!!!

JRose.

What is the weight of the Mini Chassis DBM? I am thinking way ahead past the T5A but I thought you might know.

GM

Re: New MCS-T5A & MCS-DBM Mini Chassis GB OPEN!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InTheHills</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JRose.

What is the weight of the Mini Chassis DBM? I am thinking way ahead past the T5A but I thought you might know.

GM </div></div>Less mag .630 lbs. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thomas, what about a video comparison between this stock and the GAT? </div></div>

Yes Tom, any chance for a video or series of pictures that would help us see the comparison hand positions between your different style stocks like the T, T5 and T5A?

Most of won't have the chance to attend SHOT. </div></div>
t5-gat006-1.jpg
t5-gat002-1.jpg
t5-gat003.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Less mag .630 lbs. Thanks</div></div>
About 10oz?

Man that T5A is good looking. I wish I could get to the SHOT show to finger one of those and the new MCS-T!

GM

How much would it cost to have the mini chasis installed in a brand new t5? I really like the looks of everything and would like to get on the gn for the stocks but I don't think I can get the money for both the stock snd mini chassis togeather fast enough.

Maybe I could drove across the state in a couple of weeks to fondle one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quicky06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much would it cost to have the mini chasis installed in a brand new t5? I really like the looks of everything and would like to get on the gn for the stocks but I don't think I can get the money for both the stock snd mini chassis togeather fast enough.

Maybe I could drove across the state in a couple of weeks to fondle one </div></div>

Get in on the group buy.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1544146&nt=2&page=1

I will when I know I can pay for it lol. Car insurance is due in a mont then Ill get to that

Payment won't be due for 2 1/2 months on the GB, gives you a little time to save up.

Yea imnjuat trying to figure out if it's worth it to put out 900 bucks for a t5a or shell out 550 and get the mini chassis later. I don't like telling people I'll take one and then when delivery comes around and saying I dint gave the money. That's just bad bussiness and I may be young but I know better

If you can afford it, I say at least get the stock now, that way you can take advantage of the bulk of the savings.

I know how it is to be tight though, sometimes it's just bad timing.....

You guys have no idea how good this stock feels... It just falls into position so nicely.

Best thing is, I shoot left, and it feels just as good left as it does right!!! I won't be getting the ambi version.

JRose, Will the Mini Chassis fit the AW Mags? I am hoping that this is the direction things are headed soon. I know for sure it is the direction I would like to head with the next build, AI and AW compatible.

GM

Seeing as the BM is spec'd like the M5, I'd say yes, just have to have an action that can feed from an AW mag. I'll double check with Tom to be sure though and get back with you.