• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up New Member from Florida

mochiles

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2009
Florida
Hi all,

Im new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. Im a 3rd year Podiatric medical student who is displaced in South Florida, Im origionally from the central part of the state. I have always been in to anything involving guns and the shooting sports, and have recently gotten into long range shooting. I hope to learn from here as well as become a contributing member of the forum.

As of right now my only true tactical weapons are a Remington 700 PSS in 308 Win (All Factory Stock minus a trigger job), Badger Ordinance Rings and 20 MOA Rail, all topped off wearing a SS 10X42.
The newest addition to my battery is a Remington 700 Sendero Custom 338 RUM. It has been upgraded to an AICS, break, trigger job, and a Sako style extractor. Badger Ordinance Rings, 20 MOA Rail, wearing a Leupold Mk4 6.5-20X50 Ill Mil Dot.

Sorry for the long post, but looking forward to getting to know some of you,

Drew

Re: New Member from Florida

Down here I go to Markham Park in Davie (100 yd outdoor), It does its purpose for sighting in and plinking.

When I go back home where I have access to a pit used for fill dirt, it's about 400 yds across with 60' high walls all the way around. I can shoot there all day long and best part is its only 10 min from the house.

I used to go to Markham all the time. I used to live in Pompano but now live in the Punta Gorda area.
I still go to Pompano now and then.
For long range Manatee is the best place to go. Jamesz71 started a thread earlier about getting together with some other hide members and shoot there. I think we should set a date for the 3rd Saturday of the month and meet there.

I would love to but I have a licensing board exam on July 1 so my weekends are spent in the library untill then. But maybe some other time this summer in July or August I can make it up that way.

I am booked up the 4th weekend my self. I work lots of hours but when I have the erge I make time to go to the range. If you have a date in mind throw it out there and lets see if the rest of us can make it.