• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from RI

Drawman623

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Most of my experience is pistol marksmanship. Indoor gallery, outdoor 3 gun and I’ve shot the Nationals a few times.

I’ve shot some small bore volunteering to work with juniors and I’ve worked a little with big bore too (M1A).

In the 90’s I ran the showroom floor at a police supply store. Good people and good memories now.

I was into reloading for years and know Dillan, RCBS and Camdex.

I’m hoping to connect with some like minded people, enjoy a forum community that isn’t afraid of its own shadow and perhaps get hungry for the X ring again.

Nice post. Welcome aboard. Is there anywhere you can shoot long range in RI?

Not really, RI is tiny, but on the positive side, I could enjoy the long line in a border state without ever leaving home.

100 yards is typical. I’ve become accustomed to aiming smaller and shooting closer. Big bore was never my thing tho.

Welcome. Ledyard Sportsmans in CT has 400 yards and check out Granby Bow and Rifle in MA. They are having some zoning issues now but will hopefully be winning that soon and get the 1020 yard range back open. They have 350 open now. They are really reasonable for price too.

Reactions: Drawman623
Welcome, nice to see another Rhode Islander here. I feel like I usually start hearing about the Groton Sportsman's Club (in CT) also opening up their 600 yard range and having an open field day event during the spring time.

Been hearing about the Groton Sportsman's 600 yard range for years and still haven't seen it built. Wouldn't hold my breath.