• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from St. Louis MO

kurt.w.andrews

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2023
St. Louis, MO
Howdy Folks,

Just introducing my self. I'm kurt. I'm building out a bolt action rifle on the AR platform to use as an entry level rife to get started in precision shooting. I joined because I'm looking for a community that can help me grow from someone who knows nothing about precision shooting. I do bring a fair amount of knowledge in physics and math that I'm hoping that will make it easier to learn, but I really have know idea.

I'm also not exactly sure how I'll be able to compete due to physical limitations, but I want to give it a try.

The rifle I'm building is based on an Anderson stripped lower that I've had laying around for years. I'm using an Anderson lower parts kit and Magpul furniture, a PRS lite stock and K2+ pistol grip. I got a wild hair the other day and decided to put a Uintah Precision UPR 15 upper on it. It's chambered in .223 Wylde with a 16" barrel and their flash suppressor. It may be like putting a silk dress on a sow, but I'm curious and I really didn't feel like more paperwork at the moment. I need a scope, but don't know enough of the nomenclature to do the research yet. I've been looking at the Vortex Diamondback tactical because it seems like a good value, but I don't know enough yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.