• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Scope - Optika6

I have reached out to Meopta to see if we can get a blown-up pic such as the ones we made and add the measurements you asked for. Great job, by the way, I KNOW it was a pain but you got what you needed. I hope we'll hear more about how your rig performs.

Reactions: stanley_white
I have reached out to Meopta to see if we can get a blown-up pic such as the ones we made and add the measurements you asked for. Great job, by the way, I KNOW it was a pain but you got what you needed. I hope we'll hear more about how your rig performs.

Thank you again @bman940!

I emailed Meopta this morning in addition to posting but wanted to see what the brain trust here thought.

The recurring criticism of the design is the lack of wind holdover points at the zero range and / or if you prefer to dial for elevation.

I suspect if Meopta can develop a graphic that illustrates what can be done with the reticle as-is, as you have asked them to do, it would help many.

While some dots could have been put in outside of the crosshair dashes but before the horse shoe began, I think that would have cluttered things, and my older eyes like more white space these days.

More to follow as I know more.

-Stan

Last edited:
Reactions: bman940
It looks like the MRAD reticle is no more on the Optika 6 3-18x56 scope. I have a 3 -18x56 FFP MRAD, but haven't gotten to use it much. When I go to EuroOptic they say that model is discontinued. The Meopta website still lists the MRAD reticle though, so who knows which one is correct..

Thanks, looks like they still have the 50mm tube with the MRAD reticle. My model however is the 56mm tube, and I only see the 4d Dichro reticle now in FFP for it (https://meopta.store/products/meopro-optika6-3-18x56-ffp), or the Z-Plus RD reticle (https://meopta.store/products/meopro-optika6-3-18x56-rd-ffp). I'm guessing most people sprung for the 3-18x50, or went for the 5-30x56 with MRAD.

I edited my earlier reply.

I think this is what you seek?

-Stan

Thanks, yeah I'm seeing a few of those still for sale online. I'm just bummed if they've possibly discontinued the current model I have. I'm debating selling mine, need a LPVO more than this magnification. The AR308 rig I hoped to use it with just doesn't get used at ranges enough to justify an optic this large. Most of my shooting is 150 yards or less where I live. It does seem to be a nice optic however.

Reactions: stanley_white
Bringing this back from the dead.

Since these have been out for a while now, those that have them or have had them how do you liking them? How long have you owned it and how much has it been used? Any issues? Any complaints about them?

If you had to send one back how was that experience and what was the failure?

I’m specifically interested in the 3-18x50 FFP MRAD but experiences with the others in the line seem applicable as well.

Bringing this back from the dead.

Since these have been out for a while now, those that have them or have had them how do you liking them? How long have you owned it and how much has it been used? Any issues? Any complaints about them?

If you had to send one back how was that experience and what was the failure?

I’m specifically interested in the 3-18x50 FFP MRAD but experiences with the others in the line seem applicable as well.
I just sold mine that I've had since the day they launched the optic. The 3-18x50 in the MRAD1. I think it it is an excellent crossover style scope, reminds me a bit of the G2H reticle from the LRHS. The glass punched well above it's price point (although prices have climbed a bit since I bought mine). The turrets were positive, it tracked well and checked all the boxes other than weight...its a bit heavy. The only reason I let it go is a buddy needed a rifle to head to Montana, and he wanted to buy the whole package, so I sold it all to him.

I'd say the same...I've had mine for a few years now (2021) on a 308 gas gun that gets a bit of use but nothing over the top due to price of ammo/reloading components. Zero issues and I probably have close to 3,000 rounds with the 3-18 on the rifle. I can't see selling it unless they came out with a new version that's smaller than the original.

Overall the image is, dare I say, better than my Cronus BTR Gen2 which is a Japanese scope that cost twice as much albeit in a different magnification range. A bit brighter with slightly better contrast. Other than its physical size (a tad long), I have zero complaints. I have a similar reticle (MRAD) and like it quite a bit. I want to say I paid $699 for it way back when which looking back is an absolute steal.

Can't comment on the warranty issue one way or the other.

I don't have a ton of scopes but it is the only one (other than my new PLxC) where I haven't looked to see if there's a better option. It replaced a Primary Arms 3-18 that cost $200 less and the Meopta is a far, far better scope in every way. No plans to replace it unless Meopta somehow came out with a lighter, more compact version at the same cost and with the same performance. I do find the elevation turret to be a bit large but like their feel a bit more than the Cronus. Lettering is a bit small on the Meopta but I have issues reading anything close so your results may vary. I always look forward to getting behind this scope.

The illumination is visible in daylight but I wouldn't call it over the top bright. It's usable. The reticle itself is sharp, not too small and not too large. Thinking back, I have no problem using it from say 8X up but I'd have to go back and take notes. This is the reticle I have: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0278/1626/3766/files/reticle-MRad-RD.pdf?v=1659694392

Thanks for the feedback. B&H says 11/23 delivery and still has them for $699 so I put one on back order. I just hope I don’t hate the reticle, they could have done a much better job putting some wind holds inside the donut, that’s a pretty bad design on their part but I think I can live with it for what I’ll be using it for.

I'd say the same...I've had mine for a few years now (2021) on a 308 gas gun that gets a bit of use but nothing over the top due to price of ammo/reloading components. Zero issues and I probably have close to 3,000 rounds with the 3-18 on the rifle. I can't see selling it unless they came out with a new version that's smaller than the original.

Overall the image is, dare I say, better than my Cronus BTR Gen2 which is a Japanese scope that cost twice as much albeit in a different magnification range. A bit brighter with slightly better contrast. Other than its physical size (a tad long), I have zero complaints. I have a similar reticle (MRAD) and like it quite a bit. I want to say I paid $699 for it way back when which looking back is an absolute steal.

Can't comment on the warranty issue one way or the other.

I don't have a ton of scopes but it is the only one (other than my new PLxC) where I haven't looked to see if there's a better option. It replaced a Primary Arms 3-18 that cost $200 less and the Meopta is a far, far better scope in every way. No plans to replace it unless Meopta somehow came out with a lighter, more compact version at the same cost and with the same performance. I do find the elevation turret to be a bit large but like their feel a bit more than the Cronus. Lettering is a bit small on the Meopta but I have issues reading anything close so your results may vary. I always look forward to getting behind this scope.

The illumination is visible in daylight but I wouldn't call it over the top bright. It's usable. The reticle itself is sharp, not too small and not too large. Thinking back, I have no problem using it from say 8X up but I'd have to go back and take notes. This is the reticle I have: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0278/1626/3766/files/reticle-MRad-RD.pdf?v=1659694392
Yup, and the MRAD1 is exactly like that except the donut around the center for a bit more visibility on low power.

Reactions: redneckbmxer24
The MRAD1 RD shows the only available option on the 2023 catalog so I’m assuming that’s what I’ll get. I’d prefer the MRAD RD it that’s only in the 5-30 which I don’t want.

Thanks for the feedback. B&H says 11/23 delivery and still has them for $699 so I put one on back order. I just hope I don’t hate the reticle, they could have done a much better job putting some wind holds inside the donut, that’s a pretty bad design on their part but I think I can live with it for what I’ll be using it for.
I can't really understand how and why places such as Sportsman's sold the 3-18x50 Optika 6 RD MRAD1 for as cheap as $399.97 was it just a year ago? Is it because they were being discontinued?

B&H had them on sale for $649.99 shortly after that. They probably bought all of Sportsman's just to resell for quick $250.00 profits or the markups on Meopta must really be ridiculously insanely huge.

I can't really understand how and why places such as Sportsman's sold the 3-18x50 Optika 6 RD MRAD1 for as cheap as $399.97 was it just a year ago? Is it because they were being discontinued?

B&H had them on sale for $649.99 shortly after that. They probably bought all of Sportsman's just to resell for quick $250.00 profits or the markups on Meopta must really be ridiculously insanely huge.

Well considering that that reticle is the only FFP non BDC available in the 3-18x50 now it clearly isn’t discontinued. I also can’t find any record of pricing sub $600.

Well considering that that reticle is the only FFP non BDC available in the 3-18x50 now it clearly isn’t discontinued. I also can’t find any record of pricing sub $600.
Sorry it's the 3-18x56 illuminated RD MRAD1 that were $399.97 sold at Sportsman's in 2022. There are other forums have this fact mentioned regarding the sub $400 sale price as well.

I have this annoying OCD when it comes to making and taking all kinds of notes on the cheapest sale prices I see for pretty much everything.

Reactions: bman940
Anyone looking good deal check out euro optic, 5-30x56 Mrad $799 right now

Holy hell...if I'd seen them for under $400 I would have bought three! Has to be with the reticles no one wants...right? But really with the MRAD1??? Anyone sees them at that price, lemme know so I can dump my crappy Arken.

Reactions: lash and Scopeye
Holy hell...if I'd seen them for under $400 I would have bought three! Has to be with the reticles no one wants...right? But really with the MRAD1??? Anyone sees them at that price, lemme know so I can dump my crappy Arken.
Yes they were in fact the one with the Koshkin DLO FFP MRAD1 easy to see illuminated reticle and specifically the 3-18x56mm for $399.97 with free shipping at Sportsman's back in 2022. Even cheaper when you signed up and gotten approved for their in house credit card with $50 or $60 off first order credit card charge discount bringing them down to $340-$350.

The one with the regular duplex or Z Plex SFP 3-18x50 was $279.97 with free shipping before any further discount.

Reactions: lash
Anyone looking good deal check out euro optic, 5-30x56 Mrad $799 right now
They're currently on sale for $699.99 at EuroOptic and Scopelist for both new and DEMO models with free shipping. Other models with different reticles also on sale for the same sale price as well.

They're currently on sale for $699.99 at EuroOptic and Scopelist for both new and DEMO models with free shipping. Other models with different reticles also on sale for the same sale price as well.
Oddly the brand new Optika 6 5-30 i just bought at Scopelist was $699 but the demo was $799 ???!!!

Confusing but hey I wasn't complaining.

The glass in these is the best I've seen in a FFP of similar retail price points.

Reactions: Scopeye