• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mexico Tactical Rifle match

Re: New Mexico Tactical Rifle match

Yessir, unless Charley spent my MO on hookers and blow-but I don't take him for that kinda guy
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lindamartin88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I voted for April 23rd and that has the lowest number of votes.
frown.gif
Its ok, lets see how it ends.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Ummm, in cse you missed it:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zia shooter 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May 14-15 will be the date. We couldn't get the first date in April. The weather should be great though. So keep tuned for more info soon. </div></div>

Charley, will there be any weird rules we should be aware of?
Like no keeping ammo in ammo wallets, no loading the rifle from the top(Ive actually heard this was a rule at some comp, like everyone is expected to use a DBM), no using any rest not attached to the rifle, stuff like that.

I shoot off my pack and dont use a bi-pod. Am I going to be told I cant use my ruck/pack on any of the COFs where others are able to use a bi-pod? Can I use a bean back tied to my rifle where they can use bi-pods?

Some of the rules for comps are getting fuckin stupid. How can someone say bi-pods are okay but not your pack or at least a bean bag that you always keep with you. Hell I'll tie the bean bag to my rifle... then its the same as a bi-pod.

Anything I should be aware of not using a bi-pod or a DBM???

There will not be any rules that I think is weird. Some points I will make. You will rarely if ever shoot multiple stages from one area. As you go from stage to stage you will take all of your gear with you. If you want to carry the kitchen sink then carry it, but we will not wait around for you and we are not going to let any body use a deer carrier to to carry all of their stuff. There will not be any equipment sharing, this is not a team match. Some stages may require that you move through the stage with all of your gear. We don't care how you load your rifle, but you will move with an open bolt and will not close the bolt until it is pointed in the direction of the target. If you unintentionally send a round in the wrong place you will have to go home. A stage will require up to a certain number of rounds in a given period of time. ALL STAGES will be fired under a timer. If you have a single shot and don't get all of your rounds fired, those not fired cannot be hits. If you have a high cap magazine and get off all of your shots that's great, but if they are a bunch of really fast misses you get no points and you would have been better off with a well placed round with a single shot. Do not point your gun at people, that will make them angry and you will have to go home. Be polite to the ROs and a pleasure to be around and I think we will all have a good time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Score High</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We don't care how you load your rifle, but you will move with an open bolt and will not close the bolt until it is pointed in the direction of the target. </div></div>

Same goes for gasguns? we've looked at it at our matches and have adopted the practice of running them bolt closed, safety on, finger out of trigger guard, and of course strict muzzle discipline when moving in stages due to the fact that a gasgun is more prone to a slamfire from an open bolt in case of a fall or similar during movement.

Your match, your rules, and of course I'll do whatever is deemed safe, but wanted to toss that out there.....

Sobr they do the same at Rifle's only as Score High. You drop the mag and have to lock the bolt to the rear so the weapon is safe. One of the bad parts about running a gas gun.

Its two days and 200 rounds... Will carrying 100 rounds a day be enough?

I dont have gear to carry more than that. I'll be putting ammo boxes in my pack if I need more than 100 a day.

There's a reason our match motto is "solve the problem"!

Matches of this nature are pretty simple Kieth, plan for as many situations as you can think of and be prepared to adapt accordingly when your plan falls apart-that just goes with the territory.

Rob01-oh yeah, the ups and downs always come into play. I'm gtting some MAgpuls adapted to 15rd stubbies by Midwest PX, so hopefully 5 mags will be enough to balacnce short loading and dropping empty where I can
wink.gif
(but then again, I refer myself to my above statement regarding plans).

Hi Charley,
have you heard anything about motels or do you have any suggestions. Lookin for one that has easy access to the match, food and drink.
Thanks Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Charley,
have you heard anything about motels or do you have any suggestions. Lookin for one that has easy access to the match, food and drink.
Thanks Dave </div></div>

Dave,

Anything by the airport. Minutes from the range and numerous hotels for your budget and plenty of eat/drink options.

Team AZLRPRS is going to be at the Homewood Suites by Hilton-Albuquerque Uptown.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Matches of this nature are pretty simple Kieth, plan for as many situations as you can think of and be prepared to adapt accordingly when your plan falls apart-that just goes with the territory.

</div></div>

thats not very simple...

This is guna be hard!

Cant wait

Thanks,
I just booked a suit that sleeps 3.

Founder's Ranch's site says they allow camping. Scroll to bottom and give them a call. You can get their info from Charley's link for the match.

Hotel list

[b<span style="text-decoration: underline">]National Chain Motels in Moriarty:</span>[/b]
Days Inn
W. Route 66 Exit 194
Moriarty, NM 87035 US
505-832-4451 • Fax 505-832-6464
Reservation: 1-800-544-8313
www.daysinn.com
41 Rooms

Econo Lodge
1316 Route 66 West
Moriarty, NM 87035
505-832-4457 • Fax: 505-832-9323
www.choicehotels.com
29 Rooms

Holiday Inn Express
1507 Route 66
Moriarty, NM 87035
505-832-5000 • Fax 505-832-5005
Reservation: 1-505-832-5000
www.hiexpress.com
70 Rooms

Super 8 Motel
1611 W. Old Route 66
Moriarty, NM 87035
505-832-6730 • Fax: 505-832-6730
www.super8.com

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Local Motels in Moriarty:</span></span>

Luxury Inn Moriarty
1316 OLD RT 66
Moriarty, NM 87035
30 rooms

Lariat Motel
MORIARTY, NM 87035
(505) 832-4351

Ponderosa Motel
1000 Route 66
MORIARTY, NM 87035
(505) 832-4404

Lazy J Motel
911 Route 66 West
MORIARTY, NM 87035
(505) 832-6196

Sunset Motel
501 Route 66
MORIARTY, NM 87035
(505) 832-4234

Lazy K Ranch Bed and Breakfast
27 Autumnwood Ct
Edgewood, NM 87015
(505) 281-2072
www.geocities.com/lazykranchbandb/

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">National Chain Motels Nearest Albuquerque:</span></span>

Best Western
12999 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
505-298-7426 • Fax: 505-298-0212
www.bestwestern.com/americanmotorinalbuquerque
[email protected]
77 Rooms

Comfort Inn
13031 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
505-294-1800 • Fax: 505-293-1088
www.comfortinn.com/hotel/NM406
[email protected]
122 Rooms

Days Inn
13317 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
505-294-3297
72 Rooms

Econo Lodge
13211 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
505-292-7600 • Fax: 505-298-4536
www.choicehotels.com
60 Rooms

Motel 6
13141 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
505-294-4600 • Fax: 505-294-7564
www.motel6.com
49 Rooms

Travelodge
13139 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
505-292-4878 • Fax: 505-299-1822
www.travelodge.com
40 Rooms

<span style="text-decoration: underline">[/u]</span>

Kool. I was sent info on it.

Thanks guys

Its windy here so hopefully that'll help.

Will we get a chance to shoot at 100 before it starts?
Does that ever happen in matches?

I do believe it was mentioned at the set up and RO match last weekend that there would be time on friday for checking zero. As for wind yes be ready for it. It was fun anything from 0 to 30 mph. Its going to be a blast. Look forward to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will we get a chance to shoot at 100 before it starts?
Does that ever happen in matches?</div></div>

Did you read the match page link above?
wink.gif
All the info you need.

Check in
Check in will start Friday May 13th from noon until 6:00 PM at founders ranch. The range will be available to obtain a 100 yard zero at that time. Competitors not able to register Friday evening will be allowed to register Saturday morning starting at 7:00AM but they will not be allowed to acquire a zero.

This sounds like a good time. I hope I can make this match next year!

All that pic means is it will be 98 degrees tomorrow. It was hot and windy last friday and the next day it was cold, overcast and windy. About the only thing I would bet on would be wind.

It will be a fun match for all see you guys in a couple weeks.

Any competitor that would like to ship me there ammo is welcome to do that. You can ship it to the shop address and we will either bring it to the range or you can come by the shop and pick it up. The shop is directly between the air port and the range so it is only about 10 minutes out of the way. Use the address below as a shipping address.

With UPS you might need to leave out the - between 9812 and A or put Suite A. My ammo should have been delivered today
wink.gif

LOL Just as much as we will need for the match
wink.gif

Hey Charley, speaking of ammo, do you have a finalized round count?

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!

It looks like the Air Force is going to have me doing a little Airborne Firefighting a few hundred miles east of you guys and I wont be able to make the match after all. Hopefully I will be able to make the Steel Safari...

You guys have fun and be safe. See you next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Charley, speaking of ammo, do you have a finalized round count?

</div></div>

What is it with you AZ guys?
wink.gif
LOL From the website:

Approximately 200 rounds of ammunition

I already saw that Rob, this "guy from Arizona" did read all the info given and was positing a follow up question.
I was curious if it was still an approx or if after they ran their RO match they have a solid "max rounds needed".

It makes a difference regarding what I have on hand and what I need to load if I want to practice.

I was just messing with you Sobr. Better to have too many than not enough
wink.gif
I'd bring a ton if I was driving. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just messing with you Sobr. Better to have too many than not enough
wink.gif
I'd bring a ton if I was driving. LOL </div></div>

If I had your ammo I'd bring a ton too
wink.gif

The last of my factory 140 Amax stash will just cover this match, then its back to the press. I don't know if Frank's gonna be buying any more since he's done with 6.5CM's

See ya Fri, you got dinner plans?

No idea what is going on yet. Not even sure where we are staying LOL Just showing up at the airport.

Ammo loaded and gear packed. All systems are go, sling shot... ENGAGED!

Rob01, you have a junk man fron Idaho in charge of the room and a car, what could possibly go wrong.

Hello Charlie,

Looking forward to the match!

If you could remember or if you have time, could you bring one of your thumbwheel hardware replacements to the match? I need to purchase one from you. I know you were running short on hardware a few weeks back but if you have them available, I'll gladly take one off your hands for some cash.

Thanks and I'll see you in a couple of days,

Francis