• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mexico Tactical Rifle match

Re: New Mexico Tactical Rifle match

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob01, you have a junk man fron Idaho in charge of the room and a car, what could possibly go wrong.
</div></div>

Exactly! You are the man! I just have no idea where we are staying or driving LOL I just show up
wink.gif

I live way south of town in Los Lunas,about 90 minutes from the range so I booked a room at
Travelodge
13139 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
505-292-4878 • Fax: 505-299-1822
www.travelodge.com
40 Rooms

It takes about 25 Minutes to get to the range from there and it only about 3 miles from the shop if I need to get something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will we get a chance to shoot at 100 before it starts?
Does that ever happen in matches?</div></div>

Did you read the match page link above?
wink.gif
All the info you need.

</div></div>

Ok noowwwww ive read the website page
smile.gif

No further questions.

See you guys today or tomorrow am!

I am in town and Charley is putting a brake on my Tikka, I won't be in the event but I will be there and want to say hi to fellow members.. Look for the Big Guy with the DiegoTed Teeshirt and say hello. And and A+ for highscore for putting on the shoot and the GREAT service at his shop!!

Diego

Charlie and your Crew: Thanks for putting on the match. It flowed well and the stages were fair and challenging. It was great to meet new friends and see everyone again. And a special thanks to all the vendors who stepped up and donated to the prize table. Very impressive and very much appreciated.

Charlie

That was a great match. I can't wait for next year.

The roof top design was awesome. Any chance of sharing the plans?

Flying home now. All I can say was great job to Charlie and the score high staff. It was a great natch. Ran smooth, great stages and great shooters.

Thank you to the vendors and sponsors.

It was great seeing everyone and I am sure I will see many of you soon in Norcal.

Congrats Dave Weits you rocked all weekend and earned the big win. Proud of you bro.

What a fun match and I didnt even get to shoot! Was a blast being an RO and getting to watch all you guys shoot.

There should be a ton of photos and video, between a TV crew and thousands of photos from four or five photographers. Hell Sean's brother took something like 4 4gb cards of photos.

Many thanks to Charley, Sean & crew. Our little crew from Phoenix all had a great time (and plan on borrowing a bit from some of the stages we shot). I definitely learned a lot shooting with heavy hitters from NorCal, SoCal and those boys from Oklahoma all weekend. The stages were creative & fun, and apparently not quite as easy as they may have first appeared.

Thank you to Field Firing Solutions for the ballistics software that my 18th place finish allowed me to grab. It's gonna end up costing Tim or I more money because I'll need a PDA now, but I hear it's well worth it.

The Score High shoot was a great time. Thanks to Charley, Sean & the rest of the match crew. The courses of fire were fun and challenging. They had some GREAT new ideas for stages that havent been seen before. We got to meet new shooters and see friends again from past shoots. The prize table was filled with goodies from generous sponsors. Congrats to David Weitz for his outstanding 1st place finish.

Great event!

Thanks to Charlie, Sean, staff, sponsors and competitiors. I learned a lot even without shooting. Sign me up for next year's event!

Good job Charley and Sean, time for you guys to get a little well deserved rest! Thanks for all the hard work that went into putting on a helluva match. Your RO's and staff put in a lot of hard work and should be commended as well.

Well thought out stages made it a very challenging match. I didn't see anyone breezing right through and there were some awesome shooters present. Like Gina mentioned, we may be "borrowing" some inspiration for our match.

Big thanks to all the sponsorship, great showing of support for the community!

I was surprised to see anything but a tablecloth on the prize table by the time I got there after my embarrassing showing , but the EZ-Camo DuraCoat kit from Lauer Custom Weaponry came home with me and will be put to good use!

Thank you Charley and Sean, The match was a kick in A$& and I can't wait to head back there to do it again.

Thank you RO's for donating your time to help the match run so smooth. Great work on your coordination and keeping it fun!

Michael Moore

Charlie and Sean, the RO's, and everyone else that helped out deserve a huge round of applause. There were absolutely no signs what so ever that this was a first year match. You cant hardly have a match go any smoother and I have never seen the final scores tallied up in what seemed less than a half hour, extremely impressive I would also like to especially thank Tate Moots and Mark Quintana for ROing this match and allowing me to finish 2 places higher than I would have if they would have shot
smile.gif
. Its not often you see 2 of the top shooters in the nation ROing, but seriously thank you guys I cant imagine how bad you wanted to shoot.

It was great seeing everyone again. It was also a pleasure to finally get to shoot with David Tubb's and visit with him quite a bit and as always it was a great pleasure to shoot with two guys I have come to consider great friends- 2/3's of Team Blaster Rob(Rob01) and Tony G.(nomad) These guys help me out whenever I need it(which is A LOT).

The biggest Congrats goes to David Weitz. I have shot with Dave quite few times now and have gotten to know him fairly well and if any one deserved to win this it was him. He is a great guy, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and let me tell you he put clinic on this weekend. He literally had the match locked up after the very first shot on the second day. Great shooting Dave!!!

Vortex will absolutely be coming back and supporting this match again next year. Great job Charlie and Sean!!!!!

Sincerely
Scott

Great match. The organization was impressive, the stages were fun, and the ROs were efficient and professional. Thanks to the staff and sponsors! There were some good shooters and some really nice folks at this match. See ya next year.

Huge thanks to Charlie, Sean and all the other RO's. The match was so fun. Being my first big match I am now spoiled! Also thanks to the sponsors for there generous donations! Great to meet a lot of good shooters and good people.

Charlie and Sean-thanks for a fantastic match. It was obvious how much hard work you all put it to this event. The COFs were inventive, targets were great, and the RO's did a terrific job. Mark, Tate, and all the other RO's-thank you for your time and effort helping to run this match. Everyone was very professional and friendly. And GREAT call on the brass collectors. Loved not losing a ton of brass.

See you guys in a couple weeks. Thanks again.

Thank you.

I am really glad everyone had a good time. I want to thank a few people and give some updates. First I want to thank all the volunteers that help put this match on. A special thanks to Barry Guthrie, Daleann my wife and David Orchard who put in a lot of work leading up to the match. A big thanks to all the sponsors who gave the shooters and volunteers great prize tables. The shooters for being great sports and shooting their best. SASS for letting us use the range. And anyone else I might have forgotten. Thank you again

Updates:
We should have the scores up real soon.
Pictures should be up this weekend.
I will try to post the COF for everyone to see as well

Thanks again to everyone
Sean Terrell

Charlie, Sean and all of you who put together the match (COF), you set yourselves up for a real challenge next year, trying to improve on what you just did.
Tate, Mark, ROs, spotters and assistants you guys did a great job.

What a great show of support by the sponsors. If anyone is thinking about shooting in a match you need to take a good look at the prize tables that being offered, they are really amazing.

And for all the shooters and my buddies, Thanks.
Dave Weitz

Charlie and crew I would like to reiterate what everyone else has stated thank you for running a great match. This was a lot of fun with some real interesting courses of fire. I could think of no other match to attend for my first match than this one. Also it was a blast to shoot with everyone out there.

Thanks Charlie and Sean!!!! You guys just simply ROCK!!!

Great match came off without a hitch!!!...Just Awesome RO'S and Wranglers....got a 100% brass return!!!...Your staff was just Great!!!

Awesome facility!!! Thanks SASS!!..And the folks at the Ranch!!!

Can't remember a funnier time in the wind!!!..LOL!!!

Congrats to Dave Weitz..on the big one!!!

Met some great people and shooters from all over glad you all could come that did!!!...Great folks all around!!!...definitely will try to be at the next one!!!

Thanks Tate Moots!!!!...You had me laughing so hard on all the Stage's that you worked...Definitely makes it harder when you get a guy to chuckling before the buzzer...could not walk away without a smile...LOL!!

Thanks again to Charlie and Sean and all the ScoreHigh Staff and shooters for making this such a great all around match!!!!

-Scott-

Thanks to Charlie and Sean and all the ROs at the match. Match ran smooth and they did alot with the facility with some excellent stages of fire. Had a great time at the match and will definitely be back although hopefully shooting better
wink.gif

Good to hang out with some old friends and make some new ones. Had fun in our crew with my buddies Scott, Dave, Brian and Tony.

Congrats to Dave "The Champ" Weitz. He was like a machine all weekend hitting both cold bores for 100 each and everything else he pointed his rifle at. Good job Dave.

Big thanks to all the sponsors. The table looked great. Extra thanks to Jerry Newman of Newman Precision for the bottom metal cert I received.

Ok Charlie get back to work so those customers stop yelling in your ear
wink.gif

Yep...One of the funnest matches I've ever been to.Well run and organised but at the same time it was like we were out shooting with all our best friends laughing and carrying on.

Had a good laugh experiencing and seeing Tate doing his trademark surprise buzzer thing.Another one watching RK's rear bag fall into the tire stack and seeing the cogs turning as he contemplated for a split second whether he should dive in after it or not
smile.gif
Then there was that humerus guy with the drain bamage who kept us all chuckling,LOL.

Loved that face recognition stage(tricky)and the rest of the mover target arrays complete with lights and buzzers and was generally impressed with everything!!!!

Big THANKS to Charley and all the "gang",as well as the match sponsors who donated such great prises!!! Appreciated getting most if not all my brass back too(thanks wranglers)!

Congrats Dave! Great shooting man!

Steve

Like everyone else has said, thank you to everybody. Great match!!!!

Some pics:

The Wife

15dkgi1.jpg

The Colorado Crew

mmvqf8.jpg

Thanks to Sean and Charlie for an excellent match.
It was obvious that there was lots of pre-planning as everything timed out pretty good and there were no prop or target issues at all as far as I noticed.
Good job guys.
I look forward to coming back next year.

I think I picked the right match for my first competition. Thank you to Sean and Charlie, all the ROs, and wranglers for putting on a GREAT event. If I'm not chewing sand in Afghanistan next year, I am coming back. AND I will place better (I have no where else to go but UP.)

A special thanks to Dave Weitz for helping me out and ensuring I felt like a part of the team. CONGRATULATIONS on the win!

A Huge Thank You to Charley, Sean, Mark, Tate & all of the other R/O's, Wranglers & helpers!

This was my first run & gun kind of match and I was very impressed at the professional, efficient but laid back style of this match.

The stages were Awesome!

The prize table was excellent & a Big Thank You to Field Firing Solutions for the Ballistic Program I picked up.

I also really liked the idea of the R/O's Prize Table, you guys definately deserved that.

I had a blast & can't wait to come back!

Dean-o

Yea, 450 of them. He just has to load them up on to their own flckr account and they will be ready to go.

Cool!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in! Helluva a first go 'round, I think it came off really well!

Thanks Sean but how can we save the pics we would like to keep?

Rob,<span style="text-decoration: line-through"> click on the little pic, then it will have a black backgrounded slideshow pic, and in the top right corner of that there's a link that says "view all sizes".
Click that, then's there's a "download the large size of this photo" link....</span>

Alrighhty then! I see what you mean.........

OK, get to where I was telling you before, and find the "download original size of this photo".

I run firefox, so it asks if I want to open the file or save it. I selected "open with-other" adn selected Office Picture Manager. Once the pic opened in that I could save it as a jpg. Your mileage may vary.

.....whew.

Internet Explorer-get to the bigger pick and right click and "save as" (after I went through a million steps with firefox
mad.gif
)

Just wanted to say thanks to Sean and Charlie for putting on this challenging match. I know they put in alot of time and effort into make this run smoothly and ensuring that everyone had a good time.I want to thank the RO's for giving great instruction and keeping the shooters rotating through the first shooter order. I know it can be challenging.

Thanks to all the sponsors for generously donating to the prize table. Great as usual.

I also want to thank the shooters who participated for being safe.

Thanks again

Is that you Ryan from Albuquerque Fire? Just didn't get your Hide name when we were talking.