• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Minox 5x25x56 LR

Hi my friend, so the reticle is usable at 5x? Regards
It is usable at 5 powder I'm 33 with good eyes. Now it's not the best but 100 to 300 yards i think I could sure use it to shoot game. But while looking at it found a black spot in my scope like dust or something 🤔 dang it

Last edited:
Reactions: hectorso27
It is usable at 5 powder I'm 33 with good eyes. Now it's not the best but 100 to 300 yards i think I could sure use it to shoot game. But while looking at it found a black spot in my scope like dust or something 🤔 dang it
I found a tiny black spec in my ZP5. I forgot about it for a long time, it's very hard to notice.

Still, it shouldn't be in a $3k scope. I'm not worried about it, in fact I probably deserve it.

• Haha
Reactions: Secant
I found a tiny black spec in my ZP5. I forgot about it for a long time, it's very hard to notice.

Still, it shouldn't be in a $3k scope. I'm not worried about it, in fact I probably deserve it.
Haha I will prolly send mine back because I will look at it all the time now haha

Haha I will prolly send mine back because I will look at it all the time now haha
I sent mine back to Germany a couple years ago for the turret upgrade. I also complained about the black artifact in the note I sent them. When I got the scope back that black artifact was still there. I guess those nazis didn't think it was important enough to take a look at.

I don't know what mine is. It's a clearly defined black speck. Probably not dust.
Mine is almost a perfect little black circle and never noticed it til today. And it seemed like some smaller ones lower

I sent mine back to Germany a couple years ago for the turret upgrade. I also complained about the black artifact in the note I sent them. When I got the scope back that black artifact was still there. I guess those nazis didn't think it was important enough to take a look at.
I will send mine back to the USA minox in Texas I think

I just tool another look and I can see the spec on outside of lens from a far not even looking into scope. So I'm not sure what what happened.

If you zoom in lower left you can see the mark on lens

Attachments

• 20211007_204714.jpg
    20211007_204714.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Sad
Reactions: Chickentoast
Oh that is noticeable. Mine almost looks like a part of the reticle.

They handle warranties in the USA now?
I took the scope out of rings and held it up to a white wall and the one is the biggest but there is a lot of very small ones everywhere. That is what I was told I will find out more tomorrow. Has to go back now

I took the scope out of rings and held it up to a white wall and the one is the biggest but there is a lot of very small ones everywhere. That is what I was told I will find out more tomorrow. Has to go back now
Depending on what the issue is some repairs can be done in the USA others are sent to Germany for the more extensive warranty work.

If you zoom in lower left you can see the mark on lens
I'm sure you double checked that its not a water spot on the exterior?
My LR had additional "markings" on the reticle as well. I also had a sticking parallax. When it came back both were fixed.
Now keep in mind i had one of the first LRs as well.
I've had other scopes with specks in them.

I'm sure you double checked that its not a water spot on the exterior?
My LR had additional "markings" on the reticle as well. I also had a sticking parallax. When it came back both were fixed.
Now keep in mind i had one of the first LRs as well.
I've had other scopes with specks in them.
I took a cloth and wiped it down pretty good and still there. Not sure what else to use on scope lens

I took a cloth and wiped it down pretty good and still there. Not sure what else to use on scope lens
Moist cloth or dry? I'm not sure what the "right" way but I use a moist cloth then dry and clean with a dry cloth, rag, shirt, coat etc. 🤣 this gets rid of any water spots

Moist cloth or dry? I'm not sure what the "right" way but I use a moist cloth then dry and clean with a dry cloth, rag, shirt, coat etc. 🤣 this gets rid of any water spots
Dry cloth I used I might try a moist cloth or a little window cleaner just a touch to make sure

Kind of an odd request, can anybody compare this to the Leica PRS 6-30x56?

These are the two scopes I'm considering. I like everything about the Leica except I'm not sold on the reticles. I think I'd like this reticle more, but I'm not sure about the turrets and glass. I'm sure the glass is good from a contrast and resolution perspective, but what about DOF? I've heard mixed reviews about the ZP5 turrets, and I'm having a hard time believing the LR turrets would be an improvement since it's basically a budget model ZP5.

Really waiting for BigJim to post his review.
Finally posted the Minox LR review. I am likewise curious about the Leica. Lots of info about the LR turrets in the review BTW.

Reactions: Chiavettas_Yum!
Honestly embarrassed to admit what I found out I will blame it on covid brain haha but I took a wet cloth and cleaned lens and everything is good now. I guess I went 🤪 but glad it was simple fix. The dry cloth and other stuff didn't remove it so I figured something in scope and should of done more with it but I've been on time crunches and figured the worst with the luck I've had here lately haha

I have a large black spec in my zp5, but above 8x it's not viewable. It's my prs scope so it lives on 10-15X. I will send it it for maintenance once our season is finished up.

I have a large black spec in my zp5, but above 8x it's not viewable. It's my prs scope so it lives on 10-15X. I will send it it for maintenance once our season is finished up.
I sent my ZP-5 back to Germany to fix the MR4 reticle that was 0.3 mils off center and to remove an internal spot that I could not unsee once I saw it. They returned it in perfect condition at no cost to me but it took right at four months. Seemed like forever at the time.

Finally posted the Minox LR review. I am likewise curious about the Leica. Lots of info about the LR turrets in the review BTW.
Your review actually steered me away from the minox, I was almost 100% sure this was the scope for me, but your review and all the other anecdotal evidence regarding minox quality control have made me reconsider. Everyone raves about the glass and it seems like minox always fixes the little issues that pop up, but for me, I'd rather have a slight downgrade in optical performance for an upgrade in mechanical performance/reliability.

I don't want to crap in this thread, because I do still believe this scope is a good value, if it fits your criteria, but for me, I'm back to square one.

Your review actually steered me away from the minox, I was almost 100% sure this was the scope for me, but your review and all the other anecdotal evidence regarding minox quality control have made me reconsider. Everyone raves about the glass and it seems like minox always fixes the little issues that pop up, but for me, I'd rather have a slight downgrade in optical performance for an upgrade in mechanical performance/reliability.

I don't want to crap in this thread, because I do still believe this scope is a good value, if it fits your criteria, but for me, I'm back to square one.
Just thought I'd add a different perspective. @BigJimFish give his honest thoughts in his reviews which is very important and appreciated.
I have access to quite a few Minox. Used 4 ZP5 and 4 LR personally. The difference in turrets between the LR and the ZP5 is normal. All LR turrets are easier to turn and all ZP5 are harder. All of them have a stiffer windage turret then elevation. Its not a QC issue from my perspective rather design.

The mechanical repeatability as far as tracking have all been good for me. The spline slop as Jim brought up is a "issue" with stationary turret designs mine have 0.05 mil slop. Maybe i should test again after all the dialing I've done and see if it changed?
I had to send in my LR for a sticking parallax which was fixed. But I also know guys with TT have had that happen too.

The dirt on the ret happens to much in my opinion.

Look through one if you like the ret design get one you'll be happy with a Minox. The ZP5 is my current best. Having said that I have not had a ZCO to play with yet.

Reactions: M77
Just thought I'd add a different perspective. @BigJimFish give his honest thoughts in his reviews which is very important and appreciated.
I have access to quite a few Minox. Used 4 ZP5 and 4 LR personally. The difference in turrets between the LR and the ZP5 is normal. All LR turrets are easier to turn and all ZP5 are harder. All of them have a stiffer windage turret then elevation. Its not a QC issue from my perspective rather design.

The mechanical repeatability as far as tracking have all been good for me. The spline slop as Jim brought up is a "issue" with stationary turret designs mine have 0.05 mil slop. Maybe i should test again after all the dialing I've done and see if it changed?
I had to send in my LR for a sticking parallax which was fixed. But I also know guys with TT have had that happen too.

The dirt on the ret happens to much in my opinion.

Look through one if you like the ret design get one you'll be happy with a Minox. The ZP5 is my current best. Having said that I have not had a ZCO to play with yet.
With turrets I'm not sure why that was a big concern for him in review. From my understanding that the LR has a totally different turret than the zp5 but functions the same with the sec Rev. The LR was it's own scope based off another design from Minox it was not based off of the zp5. I expect that it wouldn't have as nice of turrets. I believe mine to track true I do not do any tall target tracking. The play in the spine I need to check more into seems like I have good luck but I'm not dialing for prs ect. I do most shooting to 1 mile ect.

I'd be super curious about how it stacks up side by side with a ZP5. I really like my ZP5 and the white box version Is pretty well polished. I really don't see any kind of an issue with the second rev transition.

I can't help but think that Minox started thinking of a new scope after screwing themselves (and some of their customers) with the ZP5. That doesn't say anything about quality but more so just marketing.

The marketing team must have had a say in the big ol' 'Made in Germany' band. I guess we'll see how this stacks up and what this new line does to the ZP5 line. Who knows, it could very possibly make it irrelevant.

With turrets I'm not sure why that was a big concern for him in review. From my understanding that the LR has a totally different turret than the zp5 but functions the same with the sec Rev. The LR was it's own scope based off another design from Minox it was not based off of the zp5. I expect that it wouldn't have as nice of turrets. I believe mine to track true I do not do any tall target tracking. The play in the spine I need to check more into seems like I have good luck but I'm not dialing for prs ect. I do most shooting to 1 mile ect.
I can see why. Unless you use multiple samples. The turret design is the same as ZP5. But the ZP5 has a higher sealed rating likely requiring tighter seals increasing the friction required to turn.

I'd be super curious about how it stacks up side by side with a ZP5. I really like my ZP5 and the white box version Is pretty well polished. I really don't see any kind of an issue with the second rev transition.

I can't help but think that Minox started thinking of a new scope after screwing themselves (and some of their customers) with the ZP5. That doesn't say anything about quality but more so just marketing.

The marketing team must have had a say in the big ol' 'Made in Germany' band. I guess we'll see how this stacks up and what this new line does to the ZP5 line. Who knows, it could very possibly make it irrelevant.
ZP5 is a superior scope. The LR will not make irrelevant in any way.

I can see why. Unless you use multiple samples. The turret design is the same as ZP5. But the ZP5 has a higher sealed rating likely requiring tighter seals increasing the friction required to turn.
What I was meaning on turrets is the lr is the cheaper scope offering from the zp5. I think the turrets are still great I've had worse. But I thought I was reading it was a similar design but not same but thank you for that info. I still think it's king of the $2000 range with the mark 5hd.

ZP5 is a superior scope. The LR will not make irrelevant in any way.
This is true, and what might be seen is that some people look at the advantages of the ZP5 over the LR and weigh the cost against those differences.

For myself, I absolutely love my ZP5 but for my purposes I’d be better served with another LR rather than another ZP5. I’ve been eyeing the Burris XTR III and holding out for an illuminated model but if they cost anywhere near $1900 then I’ll go with another LR instead. The value of the LR is hard to match at the $2000 level.

Reactions: Gleedus
I sent my ZP-5 back to Germany to fix the MR4 reticle that was 0.3 mils off center and to remove an internal spot that I could not unsee once I saw it. They returned it in perfect condition at no cost to me but it took right at four months. Seemed like forever at the time.
My ZP-5 with messed up parallax also took right at 4 months. It's still sitting it it's box as I don't think I'm mounting it on same platform. Looking at a new bolt gun in something like 7mm RM, maybe 6.5PRC or another 7mm round.

This is true, and what might be seen is that some people look at the advantages of the ZP5 over the LR and weigh the cost against those differences.

For myself, I absolutely love my ZP5 but for my purposes I’d be better served with another LR rather than another ZP5. I’ve been eyeing the Burris XTR III and holding out for an illuminated model but if they cost anywhere near $1900 then I’ll go with another LR instead. The value of the LR is hard to match at the $2000 level.
I went from a Burris xtr3 to a bushnell xrs2 and then finally to a Minox LR. The bushnell was a good scope just wasn’t quite what I wanted. Of the the 3 though, the Minox wins easy and I would say the Burris is behind the other 2.

I went from a Burris xtr3 to a bushnell xrs2 and then finally to a Minox LR. The bushnell was a good scope just wasn’t quite what I wanted. Of the the 3 though, the Minox wins easy and I would say the Burris is behind the other 2.
I went from the Athlon cronus to bushnell xrs2 to the minox lr. I have the same opinion. Minox wins hands down to the bushnell I feel the cronus is closer but lacks a few things. Minox lr is the king of $2000 scopes in my opinion I would like to really compare it to the leupold mark 5 hd I only did a small look threw and turret feel.

Reactions: Chiavettas_Yum!
4 months for warranty work is ridiculous. Also, last I looked Minox was only warranted to the original buyer and then one other person. Don’t hold me to that but it wasn’t a forever warranty I don’t think. That was the ZP5 anyway.

4 months for warranty work is ridiculous. Also, last I looked Minox was only warranted to the original buyer and then one other person. Don’t hold me to that but it wasn’t a forever warranty I don’t think. That was the ZP5 anyway.
I think the minox lr is only to the original buyer and for 10 years if registered only downfall

That’s good to know. Thanks!

^FYI Chiavettas, I must be weird or got a ringer of an XTR3. Ordered a 2nd one, so will see if it's just as good as the first. I found it a touch better than the MK5 and a touch worse than Trijicon Tenmile in IQ, but with much better FOV than either, so, for me, best of the 2K class, and equivalent to an ATACR. I haven't looked through the Minox LR or Leica PRS, but they might in fact be better. It's tough to tell through other's experiences, but I think they are all so good and so close, that it comes down to mostly subjective preferences.

Some reason i thought this was a continuation of the ZP5 not a cheaper alternative. Seems QC issues are still plaguing Minox.

Has anyone compare the Minox LR and Delta Stryker glass wise?

I just got the minox LR and goddamnt it had a ton of reticle jump. Ive never seen this in any ffp scope, all though I today read about the phenomenan. Its gonna go back to the retailer immediately, and should be getting a replacement.

I just got the minox LR and goddamnt it had a ton of reticle jump. Ive never seen this in any ffp scope, all though I today read about the phenomenan. Its gonna go back to the retailer immediately, and should be getting a replacement.
What is reticle jump?

What is reticle jump?
When adjusting magnification, the reticle moves up or down depending on if you adjust lower or higher mag. And no, its not parallax. Surprised that a lot of nf atacr and snb scopes have it as well. I couldnt say if the whole image jumped, but in the premium scopes the whole image jumps so it will not effect poi, at least thats what an snb tech stated. If so, its annoying as hell.

Reactions: Gil P.
When adjusting magnification, the reticle moves up or down depending on if you adjust lower or higher mag. And no, its not parallax. Surprised that a lot of nf atacr and snb scopes have it as well. I couldnt say if the whole image jumped, but in the premium scopes the whole image jumps so it will not effect poi, at least thats what an snb tech stated. If so, its annoying as hell.
My PM II has a very slight jump but it’s within their specs. As you stated, it doesn’t affect POI. I don’t know how much Minox considers acceptable.

My PM II has a very slight jump but it’s within their specs. As you stated, it doesn’t affect POI. I don’t know how much Minox considers acceptable.
I have an m5xi, m7xi and had a pm2 and didnt see any reticle jump in those. The minox had a lot, didnt even have to look for it. But im sending it back just in case. Otherwise quality seems great.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
I've observed this in 2 different xtr3 Burris and a kahles k624i. They however didn't affect accuracy. But sure as hell affected my confidence in the scope. Still have the kahles, after repairs was gtg. Burris were also replaced and worked correctly after, buy since sold them. This shouldn't be a thing. Especially on a brand new scope. All 3 my scopes that had problems, were on lighter weight braked 30 or 338 cal magnums.

I've observed this in 2 different xtr3 Burris and a kahles k624i. They however didn't affect accuracy. But sure as hell affected my confidence in the scope. Still have the kahles, after repairs was gtg. Burris were also replaced and worked correctly after, buy since sold them. This shouldn't be a thing. Especially on a brand new scope. All 3 my scopes that had problems, were on lighter weight braked 30 or 338 cal magnums.
Got the scope for my 22lr and I agree with you, this really destroys my confidence in the product even though image quality and turret feel is really nice for the price. Also I observed that the zoom ring has about 2mm of front and aft slop which I havent experienced with any other scope. I mean how does the qc guy observe that much jump and go yeah, seems about right.

Seems that Im currently cursed when trying to get a new scope. Just had to send a brand new m7xi back because of oil spots on the lens. Missed by steiner and also the retailer who sent it since I requested they check for it since here in Finland there has been numerous reports of the issue. Have my m7xi from 2020 and damn its perfect.