• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Minox 5x25x56 LR

It’s 0.08 actually. The MR4 reticle uses a 0.05 center dot. Generally, the useable portion of the MR4 vs the LR reticles only differs in the very center. Dot (and dot sizes) vs a crosshair. The overall design of both reticles is simple, very easy on the eyes, and uncluttered.

I’ll also add that Marc at Spartan makes the buying experience very easy. I had to wait a couple months before the LR arrived and Marc communicated extremely well throughout the process.
Great guy to deal with mine shipped today. Excited to play with it. Yes .08 i think it should be good specially with illumination and during hunting will be great. Hopefully its good on long range like 2000 yards on smaller targets should be.

I got one ordered threw spartan-precision-arms. Great to work with. Im hoping that .8 isnt to big for me but i will find out soon
For comps I prefer the MR4 but hunting the LR. The only part that I dont like about the 0.08 is I like consistent line thicknesses. I like very defined ret so its good by me. They did a good job of pulling your eye to center with no added clutter.

For comps I prefer the MR4 but hunting the LR. The only part that I dont like about the 0.08 is I like consistent line thicknesses. I like very defined ret so its good by me. They did a good job of pulling your eye to center with no added clutter.
Yeah i think it is a well designed reticle easy on eyes. But i will know more on dot when i get it. I just looked at a burris xtr3 and mark 5. The mark 5 dot is very small at 18

It’s 0.08 actually. The MR4 reticle uses a 0.05 center dot. Generally, the useable portion of the MR4 vs the LR reticles only differs in the very center. Dot (and dot sizes) vs a crosshair. The overall design of both reticles is simple, very easy on the eyes, and uncluttered.

I’ll also add that Marc at Spartan makes the buying experience very easy. I had to wait a couple months before the LR arrived and Marc communicated extremely well throughout the process.
I was ok nigthforce nxs, the thickness in the crosshair was 0.3, nice for make groups; then I got the zeiss V8 2.8-20, with the #60 iluminated reticle, and it cover all .5" dot at 200y or a sporting clay tarjet disc at 400, so aiming was very difficult; with the LR I'll not have that issue...?

Last edited:
I was ok nigthforce nxs, the thickness in the crosshair was 0.3, nice for make groups; then I got the zeiss V8 2.8-20, with the #60 iluminated reticle, and it cover all .5" dot at 200y or a sporting clay tarjet disc at 400, so aiming was very difficult; with the LR I'll not have that issue...?
I looked up that scope and wow that dot is huge haha its like a Meopta optika 6 dot very big but that works for hunting. I think the minox will be no problem compared to those dots

Reactions: hectorso27
The center dot in the new pr1-mil leupold is 0.05 mil(own a 5-25 with the reticle and really like it), same as the mr4 reticle. I run several kahles scopes that's use a 0.035 mil. I use them for hunting, comp, target and find no issue with it. 0.08 is basically a 1/4 moa dot. At 1000y it'll be covering about 3" of a target.
First time hands on a mark 5 i really liked it and the turrets. I also really like the pr1 reticle. Boy i sure hope that bigger dot doesnt screw me up at 1 mile then

After doing all the research, my options are only two, leupold mark5 Vs minox Lr, which one would you prefer?
Still waiting on my minox to show up not sure when............ Suppose to be here friday then saturday then it says cant be found in fedex network or something haha hopefully monday

Guys who have the minox lr. Setting zero stop? Its built in right and i have .8 below zero what about you guys? Instructions seem not to helpful. It also comes with a plastic ring not sure what that is for im guess setting focus?

But so far glass is crystal clear i thought it would be a touch brighter but i did not spend much time with it. Seems lile setting it up to my eye and parallax is alittle touchy but once set very nice. Turrets are great nice loud clicks. The reticle is very nice and clean very simple the dot is alittle big but was looking at 1 mile at man size targets and no issue still could aim at head. There is also a smaller diamond and no issue on that either. The illumination is really nice and simple

Guys who have the minox lr. Setting zero stop? Its built in right and i have .8 below zero what about you guys? Instructions seem not to helpful. It also comes with a plastic ring not sure what that is for im guess setting focus?

You're having trouble with the zero stop? I have the ZP5. To zero scope: loosen set screws on sizes of turret cap, slip turret so it's say 5 mils (it doesn't matter) above 0, tighten set screws, zero rifle, loosen set screws, slip turret to zero, tighten set screws, done. Don't pull the turret cap up and off the scope.

I think is the same turret system than the ZP5, zero stop is below "0" . What Plastic ring ???

You're having trouble with the zero stop? I have the ZP5. To zero scope: loosen set screws on sizes of turret cap, slip turret so it's say 5 mils (it doesn't matter) above 0, tighten set screws, zero rifle, loosen set screws, slip turret to zero, tighten set screws, done. Don't pull the turret cap up and off the scope.

After the zero stop is set you will be able to dial less than zero. That's normal.

Reactions: Chiavettas_Yum!
Its the same design as the steiner m5 seems like thats what i thought just double checking thank you

I think is the same turret system than the ZP5, zero stop is below "0" . What Plastic ring ???

Thank you. And to answer question just from feel i would pick the minox over the mark 5. But if you want a capped wind the mark 5 is the way to go. But i really like this minox all the turrets and focus to parallax and zoom just super nice feeling. I love the reticle and i dont mind the bigger .08 dot so far. Only thing i would change was more wind hold in reticle like 8 i stead of 5 but just for elr shooting. Great cross over scope so far

From 720 to 730 here in colorado pretty dark i was looking at the gongs 1780 from my house. And i could of shot at 25 power 20 was better and at 15 it was like someone turned the lights on

From 720 to 730 here in colorado pretty dark i was looking at the gongs 1780 from my house. And i could of shot at 25 power 20 was better and at 15 it was like someone turned the lights on
You can shoot 1780 yards from your back porch? If so, envious does not even describe what I am feeling.

You can shoot 1780 yards from your back porch? If so, envious does not even describe what I am feeling.
I live right next to my shooting range and can see all the steel from my house so great way to test my stuff haha i wish it was mine but i live 2 min away from entrance haha if that

Reactions: khuber84
Spent some more time with scope and im blown away by it specially for price. I had a steiner m5xi the best scope ive ever had and i say this is right there with it for me.

Spent some more time with scope and im blown away by it specially for price. I had a steiner m5xi the best scope ive ever had and i say this is right there with it for me.
I have two of the ZP5 with the MR4. I have used them for hunting, but the reticle is a little thin for hunting. The light gathering ability is amazing on them. Two years ago at dusk my son couldn't see good enough to shoot a doe. I had him get behind my Minox and he made the shot easily. He couldn't believe the difference. His scope was a $500 Athlon Helos.

May have to get a LR just for hunting.

I have two of the ZP5 with the MR4. I have used them for hunting, but the reticle is a little thin for hunting. The light gathering ability is amazing on them. Two years ago at dusk my son couldn't see good enough to shoot a doe. I had him get behind my Minox and he made the shot easily. He couldn't believe the difference. His scope was a $500 Athlon Helos.

May have to get a LR just for hunting.
I couldnt afford the zp5 so went lr haha but it is a great overall scope. Its my do all scope as of now. Would love to hear a comparison if you get one

P
So bad, what about at low magnification ? the reticle is hard to catch?

So the dot and the 4 lines light up thats it. The christmas tree doesnt light up at all which i like alot so it isnt so bright and wild
Someone post before that he couldn't shoot an animal because at low magnification the reticle is very thin and hard to see, what about that,?

P

Someone post before that he couldn't shoot an animal because at low magnification the reticle is very thin and hard to see, what about that,?
Honestly any first focal plane scope is hard to see on Lower mags unless you have a huge Center Dot like the meopta I think the minox does a pretty good job for me Bobby below 10 power has a little hard but the. Gives you a pretty good Focus point but I also live in Colorado and Hunt big Open Country and shoot pretty far usually but I also hunted with the 10 power swfa

Honestly any first focal plane scope is hard to see on Lower mags unless you have a huge Center Dot like the meopta I think the minox does a pretty good job for me Bobby below 10 power has a little hard but the. Gives you a pretty good Focus point but I also live in Colorado and Hunt big Open Country and shoot pretty far usually but I also hunted with the 10 power swfa
I shoot a lot moving targets, sometimes before get dark , at 8x maybe a sfp is the way to go...

Look at the Bushnell LRHS for a usable FFP on lower power. I have one in 4.5-18 and a LRSTi in the same power. Shot several deer over 200 yards last year with it (the LRSTi) at 5x and no illumation. The LRHS at 4.5 has the circle of death.

Hi, the iluminated reticle is visible at day ligth?
My Minox LR has day time illumination for the most part in bright sun low mag its faint on bright back ground. Against dark back ground is good. Or as soon as the light starts to fade or overcast its bright enough to see.

So there is diferent points of view, but... I just need to know if the Lr is suitable for hunting & precision target?
So i bought the scope for an all around scope it will be for shooting targets out to 2100 yards and my plan is to shoot the nightforce steel challenge next year ( hopefully covid is long gone and dont have to worry about all the stupid travel and crazy stuff) then i will take the same setup hunting i live in colorado i hunt antelope mule deer and elk. Shoot from 75 yards to over 800 yards. I shoot at running game but i dont hunt in timber to much so even 12 power at 200 yards wont kill me. I think it is a great all around scope

Been off a few days and come back to some great thoughts and testing of the LR. Love that you guys are sharing your experience with the LR. Appreciate the nice feedback on your purchasing experience with me also.

Last edited: