• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Monster IOR!!??!!

Re: New Monster IOR!!??!!

Nice reticle... too bad it's MOA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no way on the green earth that scope is worth $3600.</div></div> +1 Mike
I'll buy a S&B for that kind of $$

Ridiculous to put that kind of reticle in an SFP scope... only useful at one magnification.

Looks like it's set for 26x so at full power the marks become spaced at 1/2 MOA. It seems strange to see a reticle designed for hold-overs in a 3 lbs. benchrest scope.

Had a go with one a couple of months ago.

Glass is much clearer than nf.

Reticle is very well thought out, even for ior

100 moa gets a big ass rifle a long way

The exit pupil stats do not do the eyebox justice

Turrets are perfect

40mm tube!

It's a specialty scope. If u compare to what's out there, you realize pretty quickly it is in a league of it's own.

I was impressed, so was the owner, he ordered another and sold his nightforce. I'm an ior convert

Chris

Plain impressive-dont like the front parallax,that would be a pain especially with short arms. i bet the glass is phenomenal

If this was an USO there'd be wet pants all over the thread.

If this was a USO, they would have done it right with FFP and mils...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If this was a USO, they would have done it right with FFP and mils... </div></div>

FFP on a 52 power scope?

Have you seen their new scope that has parts of the crosshairs that stays static in size? That is how you do this, keep the aiming point a fixed size, but have the other parts shrink and grow so that they are always true.

Like I said, USO would have done it right...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a go with one a couple of months ago.

Glass is much clearer than nf.</div></div>

I don't doubt the glass quality. IOR has always had great glass and NF has always had good glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reticle is very well thought out, even for ior</div></div>

The reticle design doesn't look bad but it could be better also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">100 moa gets a big ass rifle a long way</div></div>

It will. But other manufacturers get move with less. Premier, S&B, and Vortex all get over 100 MOA with small tubes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Turrets are perfect</div></div>

Really?!?!?! They might have a good tactile feel but from the specs I've seen the are 1/4 inche click value (not MOA). Thus mismatched reticle and turrets which presents an issue. Especially seeing as this is a purpose built ELR scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen their new scope that has parts of the crosshairs that stays static in size? That is how you do this, keep the aiming point a fixed size, but have the other parts shrink and grow so that they are always true.

Like I said, USO would have done it right... </div></div>

Im pretty sure IOR have topped that too with the new dual focal plane 1-10x - these have just come on the market for dealers.

LOL... $3600 for a IOR?? Sorry I had to pick myself up off the floor after that one. I wouldn't pay $2600 for a IOR, they must be on drugs.

Wheres the 52x nightforce, s&b, premier or vortex with 100 MOA?

The turrets are matched, what are you on about?

Nightforce don't do ffp over 15x, does that mean nightforce doesn't sell tens of thousands of sfp scopes?

I wouldnt pay 2k for a vortex, but I don't go round being a douche about it. LOL WTF FTMFW

Its actually $3399. If you spent 10k on a rifle, your opinion may change. There's no substitute for the best/beast.

Just pointing out the facts.

Chris

The problem is the history of exciting, new, beastly IOR models being hit or miss. People are a lot more likely to be ok with the history at lower prices, but for $3,000+ who wants to chance it that customers are part of the R&D team again?

I can see why it would be SFP, FFP dialed into 50x magnification, you might as well have no hash marks at all...you will be so zoomed in you wont be able to see them.

1/4" - MOA.... you might as well be running Mil/MOA at extreme ranges. If its a specialty scope, what is its specialty?

Mid-tube paralax...not my cup o' tea.

40mm tube doesnt have an advantage over and 34m tube plus it limits your ring choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If you spent 10k on a rifle, your opinion may change. There's no substitute for the best/beast.

Just pointing out the facts.

Chris </div></div>

I'm sorry that you spent 10K on one rifle, hope it was gold plated. And you're right, there is no substitute for the best, that why I run Premier's and S&B's
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm sorry that you spent 10K on one rifle, hope it was gold plated. And you're right, there is no substitute for the best, that why I run Premier's and S&B's
grin.gif
. </div></div>

FWIW, I spent almost that much on my .408 and while waiting for my SN-9 to be built, I used an IOR 6-24x SFP and a year later decided to sell the SN-9 because the IOR was spot on. Yes, IOR is mid-range quality like the NXS, but I think the glass quality is superior. The only gripe I have with them is the turrets. That's the main reason I prefer the S&Bs on my other rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40mm tube doesnt have an advantage over and 34m tube ...</div></div>
Tube size is one of <span style="font-weight: bold">the</span> major constraints when designing a "tactical/LR" scope, a lot of things get a lot easier when you go to a bigger tube size. It's pretty safe to assume that engineers spend at least half their time when designing such a scope thinking "If only there was a little more room to work with in this damn thing!".

Many tradeoffs in performance and reliability are just a result of people buying the more "compact" and lightweight scope by default.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Digit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen their new scope that has parts of the crosshairs that stays static in size? That is how you do this, keep the aiming point a fixed size, but have the other parts shrink and grow so that they are always true.

Like I said, USO would have done it right... </div></div>

Im pretty sure IOR have topped that too with the new dual focal plane 1-10x - these have just come on the market for dealers. </div></div>

Do they have pic of the reticle posted anywhere? I'm interested in that scope for an AR.

It looks like a nice build. There are things I would do differently and at that price point there are several options... but it looks like a nice scope. That being said, i can wait to see how it plays out in the field first before jumping that much $ into an optic.

The original poster link was just a bay window review, they need to put the scope through its paces and report on the scopes optical performance despite the small exit pupil.

I understand the skeptics but $3600 is MSRP (scope is still north of $3k though).

Like TusconDave said, for magnification junkies I can not think of anything better right now, I've never seen an IOR scope like this, and the focus ring does its job very well.

To each their own, but for those who have purchased we haven't had one issue yet

Scott