• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New MSTN- SPR-

hitman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
I decided to get an SPR. I got the upper from MSTN and the lower is a POF with a G & R lower parts kit with a Giesselle trigger. Scope is a NF 2.5-10 mildot with mil knobs and zero stop. I still need a Knights rear 600 M sight. I just got it all yesterday and I plan on shooting it over the weekend. I will post results when I do. If it shoots as good as it looks I will be a happy camper!

Here is the info from the upper-

NOVESKE 18" SPR "MOD 2" CONTOUR WITH RIFLE LENGTH GAS SYSTEM AND SPECIAL ORDER 1X8" THREE GROOVE TWIST, IONBOND DIAMONDBLACK COATED. PINNED NOVESKE GAS BLOCK. BETTER BY FAR THAN THE ORIGINAL SPR BARREL IN BOTH CONTOUR DESIGN PLUS BARREL QUALITY. WEIGHS 1/2 OUNCE MORE.

LARUE STEALTH RECEIVER

KNIGHT'S LONG FREE FLOATING RAS SPR MK 12 MOD 1 FOREND WITH THREE HANDGUARD PANELS

OPS-INC 12TH MODEL BRAKE AND BARREL COLLAR

PRI GAS BUSTER, IONBOND DIAMONDBLACK COATED

YOUNG MFG STD FULL AUTO CARRIER WITH LMT PROOF ROUND TESTED, MP-INSPECTED BOLT AND LMT INTERNALS, ALL IONBOND DIAMONDBLACK COATED. BOLT FITTED AT A TIGHT 1.4656".

100_3562.jpg

100_3563.jpg

100_3565.jpg

100_3564.jpg

Re: New MSTN- SPR-

Heard great things about MSTN. I believe Tarun Butler uses MSTN rifles.

Wes and company's work is always first-rate! This one is certainly no exception to that rule!

Looking forward to a range report!

Drooling that's all that's needed to post.

If it's from WES it's first class for sure.
And I would rate his advice higher than just about anybody when it comes to building a reliable accurate AR.
My 10.5" LMT from MSTN has never skipped a beat, suppressed or not! Not even ONE failure to feed, fire, or eject! And that's with Q3131A through MK262, I don't run crap in it, though. I wouldn't insult WES by shooting Wolf through one of his rifles.

That is looking nice, cant wait to hear about it.

that is so cool--have often wanted that look but balked at the price--definitely want to see your accuracy results and thoughts on the OPS

Well I took it out today and ran a variety of ammo in it. I shot the following ammo- Black Hillls blue box 77 SMK, PRVI 75 grain, SSA 77 grain SMK, some 193 and some handloads. My typical load of 24 gr of R-15 and 77 SMK shot right at 1 inch 5 rd groups at 100. All the factory ammo above sucked! 1 1/2 moa and more. The SSA was 3 MOA!

Another load of 23.6 gr TAC and 75 Horn. in LC brass shot at .75 inches at 100 yd. That same load shot 2 1/2 inches at 300 yds. The R-15 load opened up to right at 3 1/2 inches at 300 yds.

Some other loads I typically shot did not work well. 24.8 TAC and 77 SMK were about 1 1/2 moa, 24.8 4895 and 77 SMK were about the same. These loads are way over max, so I would not start with them.

I am gonna load up some more loads with the 75 Hor. the 23.6 is a bit slow for my liking.

On a side note. I was shooting my SR-15 also with a 1-4 Elcan. I shot the 24 gr. R-15 load at 300 yds with it and shot a 5 rd group that measured 3 1/8 inch! I was pretty damn happy with that for a 1-4 scope. I wish Knights would make one with an 18 inch barrel.

Thanks for the report back, kinda sucks bad about the accuracy.. It should shoot lights out with all those quality parts and with that quality factory ammo..??

I think it will shoot better. I know its not me either. I am gonna load up some more rds with the TAC and the 75 Hor. I think if I work up from 23.6 grn. I will find a good load. But, under 1 moa at 300 is not bad at all. I am hoping to get more out of it though. I do not shoot much factory ammo anyway, so hopefully I can get one around 1/2-3/4 moa. Then I will be happy!

How many rounds do you have through the barrel?
Did WES do any break in, I thought he stopped that for most customers due to a shortage of precision ammo, such as MK262.

My 16" 1/7 Krieger Recon became an absolute tack driver at 100 rounds after break in.
Early in it's life, I shot a 3.8" 300 yard group with the NSX mounted, I told myself "well it IS a gas gun", and forgot about it. I was a bit of a let down, after all it wasn't a cheap barrel/bolt. This was with 77gr ammo, 5.56 as well as 223 pressure.
And my comparable 18" 1/7 Kreiger SPR profile is fantastic with 77gr ammo.

Two range trips later, neither a bench test, and after a good clean/de-copper, and with the OPS 12th mounted, it shoots a pair of 1" 10 shot groups at 200 yards.
YEP, a GAS gun!

Sounds like there is a lot of potential here. I have heard that these guns are really only 1.25 MOA rifles anyway. Anything better is gravy.

Yeh, I am not at all dissapointed. The 75 Hor. load was shooting under 1 moa at 300 yds ( 2 1/2 inches) with a 5 rd group. So that is pretty good with about 50-60 rds fired in it so far. I may try some 69 SMK but I would rather stick with the 75 Hor and 77 SMK. I will go out again later this week to try some more loads.