• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New/ MY First GAP (review added)

athanasios23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2009
New York, USA
This is my first custom build...I see people posting there new rifles on here all the time, so I decided to join in. I bought many of the parts off snipershide members and the rest was supplied by GAP. I could not be more satisfied with GAP's work. Getting this rifle delivered has me already planning my next build.

Obermeyer AMU barrel
Remington action 308 (worked by GAP)
McMillan HTG stock
D.D Ross bottem metal
PTG Recoil Lug
Jewell trigger
Badger bolt knob, rail, and rings

18a8b633.jpg

089aad15.jpg

13a51d9d.jpg

Finally got out to shoot my GAP rifle. Sorry no pics but I just wanted to say what an amazing experience. I never shot a GAP before but had them build my gun on reputation. I am so happy I did. Shoots amazing...Ten shot group and 8 shots were touching, many in same wholes with 2 just a hair off while performing barrel break in procedure. (100 yards) Anyone looking to buy a custome rifle I wouldn't hesitate. Just be aware as I have just learned.. There is no going back. Already planning my next build.

Re: New/ MY First GAP

Very nice and clean package. All the majority of people need is a rifle like that. It's got me wanting one in 223 Match
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And so the addiction begins...LOL

Nice Rifle! </div></div>

lol, true that. Classy rifle, looks great!

its a vortex viper PST 4.5-16x50...My first FFP scope so I decided to pick one up to see if I like the front focal more than the second focal plane scopes

Nice looking rifle. I am sure it will shoot like all GAP rifles. Looks like my first custom except I had the HTG in forest camo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well done, nice piece, simple and perfect </div></div>

^^ Agree with this 100%^^ Welcome to the addiction...! Be sure to watch for warning signs of one of its more virulent manifestations known as Rifle ADD...

Finally got out to shoot my GAP rifle. Sorry no pics but I just wanted to say what an amazing experience. I never shot a GAP before but had them build my gun on reputation. I am so happy I did. Shoots amazing...Ten shot group and 8 shots were touching, many in same wholes with 2 just a hair off while performing barrel break in procedure. (100 yards) Anyone looking to buy a custome rifle I wouldn't hesitate. Just be aware as I have just learned.. There is no going back. Already planning my next build.