• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Nightforce 1-8

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Seriously when is NF going to come out with a 1-6 or 1-8. 1-4 is so nineties.

I wouldn't assume they aren't working on one. They are rarely the first out of the gate but you can bet it will be top notch quality when it comes out.

There was a thread on here about 6-8 months ago about it. There was a leaked photo, that I can not find right now, of the 1-6 or 1-8 ATACR. It had the ATACR F1 4-16 turrets and looked almost identical except being a straight tube. I vaguely recall there being some issue during testing that was holding it back.

Just cap the turrets. At 8x, I'm not dialing anything. Rather they concentrate much more on a daylight bright illumination and forgiving eye relief.

Last edited:
    I was told it was suppose to release this year shot show..it didn’t happen...finger cross for January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told it was suppose to release this year shot show..it didn’t happen...finger cross for January

So will it release or will they simply announce it with a prototype and then maybe it will appear in six to nine months?

So will it release or will they simply announce it with a prototype and then maybe it will appear in six to nine months?

Usually they will somewhat showcase it in December...if they going to announce it in shot show 2018

cover the turrets on a 8x my big toe! I’ll take an exposed ATACR style locking turret on a 1-8 any day of the week.

Their already out and being used by some Tier 1 units. they look almost identical to the March 1-8 except the locking low pro turret. Nice thing about NF is they dont use consumers as the beta testers.

Meh...even if they are a year late, they still did it 5 years faster than S&B on the 1-8x Short Dot. 6+ if you consider the "Dual" CC to be closer to what they promised.

I have no idea why people insist on FFP in that low power of a scope.

You really really need to try the Leupold 300 BLK scope. Yeah it's like 1300 for a Leupold and it's only 1.5-5 but it is great.

I have no idea why people insist on FFP in that low power of a scope.

I don’t shoot everything at the max or minimum magnification. SFP is ok for 1-4 and sometimes 1-6 because most go 1 or max. But with a bigger range, sometimes I would like to shoot at 5x or 6x and still be able to use holds and not have to do math based on my mag setting.

You guys know that NF is going to come out with some funky reticle anyway so.....

I have to agree that SFP is just fine for a 1-?. 1x for up close, 2-3-4 for FOV and a little extra mag for coyotes or whatever, and highest mag with reticle values correct for holdovers/offs.

I have had a lot of play time in 3 gun with SFP and now FFP scopes. I love the FFP.

Trying to run a rifle quickly on the clock at different yardages and mag ranges makes the FFP worth it's coin.

The reticle needs to be refined and the illumination increased. It's like they tried to copy the eotech 65 MOA circle, but didn't. At 8x, the circle part of the reticle just gets in the way.
    Oh and it needs to have capped turrets.