• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new-old 1903

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
So I was going to do an M1903A4 clone with this until I looked up the serial number and found it was a 1903 "Modified".
So I took it out of it's hunting stock and started buying NOS M1903 parts for it and a few years later she was complete
The stock has been properly stamped for 1903 modified. It is a CMP stock but I sanded the CMP off, refinished and sent for stamps.
Technically should be a scant stock BUT it is historically possible that it would have ended up in a C stock.
That was 15 years ago, took her out to the range yesterday.
Won't be much of a vintage "Sniper" but sure was fun to shoot.

Lock time of a 1776 musket but otherwise good.

Attachments

• M1903.jpg
    M1903.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 117
A fun load for the 03
17grains of 2400 under a 200 grain lyman cast boolit
It's a great bunny fart load and pretty darn accurate at 200 yards
I had my rear sight set to 1600 yards back when I could shoot 200 yards
YMMV

Reactions: ArcticLight
What do you mean "didn't hit the target because it has A1 sights"?

Try and pick up a sight micrometer, PJ Ohare or military issue, and you will have 1/4 MOA adjustments on elevation.

Windage well that's another issue.

Reactions: Atomic_Lobster
Artic Light,
It should be in a straight stock, not a scant but I always prefer the C stock. I had at one time a modified that a few well known people thought was "as issued" and it had a straight stock. I think John Beard has that rifle now.

Artic Light,
It should be in a straight stock, not a scant but I always prefer the C stock. I had at one time a modified that a few well known people thought was "as issued" and it had a straight stock. I think John Beard has that rifle now.

True dat, but....historically speaking it's "Possible" it could have gotten into a C stock after 1943 if the original Scant had been damaged :) Plus the "C" just looks better.