• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Optic From Bushnell, The LRHS

A10XRIFLE

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2002
N Kansas City, MO
www.gaprecision.com
Bushnell LRHS Specs
3x12 power
FFP
22oz
13.4" long, comes with 2" sunshade
30mm Tube
44mm OBJ
1/10th Mil/Mil adjustments
10 MIL per rev low profile elevation knob
24 mils of travel
Zero Stop (Easy to Set!!)
10 mil per rev windadge , capped
side focus 20ft to INF
great field of view
great eye box
Glass on par with $2500+ scopes

Bushnell let Myself and Pat Sinclair spec this scope out completely. lots of the features were formulated from Pats experience in big game hunting and predator hunting. We thought of lots of little things that would be perfectly combined into the ultimate LR Hunting scope. First Focal Plane. Large numbering and a zero Indicator to easy to use elevation knob and zero stop, capped but useable/zeroable windadge knob. Easy to adjust power ring. Newly designed LR hunting reticle.

About the reticle, the G2DMR reticle was redesigned for better use as LR Hunting reticle. The bars filled in and brought in closer to the center, more defined center for better low light use, a 4 Mil halo around the center for rapid centering and use as a donut of death on low power, the same mil grid for elevation holdover and wind hold-off as the Original G2. Behold the G2H!!

This scope is going to Debut at the Shot Show and I will have the first 200 units on April 10th of 2014. A few will go out to testers, and Pat will update everyone on his use of it and the testing he is doing with it already. Earlier prototypes have already proven worthy on some LR Antelope and Deer.

Im working the details on a SH inaugural group buy on it that will be up soon for the first 200 units.

This will be the start to a line of LR Hunting scopes Bushnell has plans to offer, Ideas coming - MOA version, 4x16x50 model for 2015, LR varmint model???

This scope is also the perfect optic for a Precision AR type rifle. Bushnell will be offering a FDE Model called the LRS for this purpose as well in the fall of 2014.

Their Bullet Proof warranty is this:

For 1 year from purchase if you don't like the scope send it back and with the reason for your dissatisfaction and they will refund the purchase price. After 1 year it has a lifetime warranty on repairs.

What else could you ask for??

408381044.jpg

408381047.jpg

408381050.jpg

408381051.jpg

408381053.jpg

408381055.jpg

408381066.jpg

408381074.jpg

408381076.jpg

408381084.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVo6qRExDU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
As I mentioned last time I was down to the shop, count me in for one of the 200. I'm pretty interested in the 4-16 also.

It's just a personal opinion, but this seems like the perfect tactical rifle scope to me, less illumination (which in the vast majority of cases, I don't use - but just a simple center dot would be nice). I don't like big knobs, I'd prefer a capped windage knob, the reticle looks just about perfect, the elevation turret isn't too tall (which I freaking despise), the magnification range is very useable - I can't think of anything to complain about. Picking nits, I'd say put the magnification marks on the side of the shooter, not facing the turrets. Maybe add a removable cat tail. That's it.

If this thing isn't too expensive (which it likely will be), I'd be down for one. Maybe 6.

Thanks George!!

The indicator on top of the elevation knob is genius!!

Last edited:
Hmm...almost seems like Bushnell's answer to the March. Near focus to 20ft with low turrets? Now that is very Marchish.

Thanks George!!

The indicator on top of the elevation knob is genius!!

I can't tell you how many times that has saved me out in the field. Everyone has at one time or another forgot to re-zero, gotten up and moved on. A quick glance down at the top of the turret lets you know it's all good and re-zeroed. I've engraved an arrow on top of the elevation turret on several of my S&B's with a Dremel to help remedy this.

Sure could use one for my 18" 700 in the EH1... I might just have to sell one of my G2's. I will keep an eye out for the group buy thread and pricing. Thanks for helping put this together for us.

P.S.
Let them know that I am available as a guinea pig for the 4-16 please. I mean, somebody's gotta do it... Right?

Count me in, will be watching for the group buy. Thanks for putting this together.

Pricing coming, Im trying hard to get the SH guys a introductory price, It will be less than $1500 I KNOW THAT!

Lets hope it's around $800, otherwise I'm going to have a lot of trouble being convinced a Vortex isn't the better value considering what's being offered...

I know it would add a little weight but why not use the 34mm body. They seem to have an advantage in low light and field of view from my experience. Mind you I am fully aware that you and pat have a ridiculously larger amount of hunting experience.

Lets hope it's around $800, otherwise I'm going to have a lot of trouble being convinced a Vortex isn't the better value considering what's being offered...

What does Vortex have that is even close to the same??? You said "considering whats being offered" If you talking about a PST they are not the same class of scope.

This scope is contracted By Bushnell to Light Optical in Japan. They also make Nightforce, and the Vortex Razor Series. This is a really nice optic.

Last edited:
I know it would add a little weight but why not use the 34mm body. They seem to have an advantage in low light and field of view from my experience. Mind you I am fully aware that you and pat have a ridiculously larger amount of hunting experience.

Not sure where your getting that, The 34mm Tube scopes have more travel. Thats why they are 34mm, the erector tube can travel more and provide more travel. Lenses in the eye piece and objective are the same size which control the FOV and Light Transmission, this varies from scope to scope you may have had a 34mm scope that had really awesome glass and FOV.

We stuck with 30mm to keep weight down and it didnt need alot of Travel as 24 mils is a ton 1/2 that 11 mils get you to 1000 yards with a 308, 1400 with a 6.5 SAUM. :)

OK, this optics game is getting really old. Every time I buy something theres something new and I feel like the kid wearing the acid washed jeans in the 90's.

I'm not sure how in the hell i missed this mid-day yesterday. Been waiting for this ever since Pat gave us a preview. Can't wait to try one out.

Thanks George & Pat. I'll be keeping a close eye for the group buy ;)

Last edited:
This will be out and available just in time for my new build... I'll definitely get a chance to put it through some hard use and see how it does...

Looks killer... but the price needs to be there as well...

Bushy already has a 3-12 FFP in G2 with 1/10 and the small upgrades here are not worth twice the price. It needs to come in under $1K if it is going to do well. Even less for Mil/Leo pricing.

Bushnell - LRS 3-12x 44mm can be had with G2 in FFP for around $600-700 as a Mil/LEO....

For what this is intended for and the elevation/mag range.... I don't see a need for 34MM over 30MM, or the Massive price increase.

Last edited:
Put me down for 1 maybe 2. These could be replacing my premier LT scopes on a lighter weight 338 lapua and 7mm Allen mag. Definitely interested in the 4-16 as well! Thanks Pat and George for all the leg work in doing this !

I had the opportunity to look at it at Gap last week. Definitely the scope I want for my hunting rig. That being said, I'll have a couple NF F1's for sale soon. Glass was outstanding, reticle is fast at high and low power, Turrets are solid and with a zero stop, and the tracking of Bushnell is unquestionable. Not sure what else I need.

Turdcutter....it's a completely different scope than the one you listed and considering what other scopes on the market with these options sell for, the price is very good.

Not sure where your getting that, The 34mm Tube scopes have more travel. Thats why they are 34mm, the erector tube can travel more and provide more travel. Lenses in the eye piece and objective are the same size which control the FOV and Light Transmission, this varies from scope to scope you may have had a 34mm scope that had really awesome glass and FOV.

We stuck with 30mm to keep weight down and it didnt need alot of Travel as 24 mils is a ton 1/2 that 11 mils get you to 1000 yards with a 308, 1400 with a 6.5 SAUM. :)

With 30MM, you have a lot more versitility with mounts/rings, especially for lower mounting on hunting stocks. We've had really good luck running Talley Lightweight Lows on a bunch of different hunting stocks with 30MM scope tubes.

It's set up in Mils......I've used it for bullet drop when I get in a hurry and don't have time to run the turret.

That fawker is TIGHT.
Everything it needs and nuthin' it don't.
Lookin' forward to the Group Buy...

Awesome! This is scope looks like it was designed to fill a gap that's been frustrating me for a while now. Can't wait to try one.

Looking forward to the group buy I was actually going to purchase the btr mil 3-12x44 bushy, this tax season will hold off if this comes in around same price point with the group buy. Please keep me posted need some glass for my AR.

Looks pretty much ideal for a lr coyote dropper. I can't tell by my cell screen but is the center bars of the crosshairs the same thickness as the outer bars? I got a couple dmr's and a 6-24 g2 and love the thinner center section of the reticle, great for groups and shooting small targets way out there. Basically the great things of ffp with finer crosshairs for load workup and prairie dog misting . About vortex vs dmr's, i got a razor from vortex for basically1300 because of fubarred cs work. My buddy wanted the razor bad so he bought me a new dmr and we swapped scopes and rings. The bushy was better in mirage and clarity, maybe not as good contrast in colors. I was happy and so was he.

Looks pretty much ideal for a lr coyote dropper. I can't tell by my cell screen but is the center bars of the crosshairs the same thickness as the outer bars? I got a couple dmr's and a 6-24 g2 and love the thinner center section of the reticle, great for groups and shooting small targets way out there. Basically the great things of ffp with finer crosshairs for load workup and prairie dog misting . About vortex vs dmr's, i got a razor from vortex for basically1300 because of fubarred cs work. My buddy wanted the razor bad so he bought me a new dmr and we swapped scopes and rings. The bushy was better in mirage and clarity, maybe not as good contrast in colors. I was happy and so was he.

The Center is the Same, thought was that being a hunting reticle the thin section in the middle can washout in low light. probably not ideal for LR prarrie dogs. but I can tell you it is perfect for antelope ewes at 1268. :)

The Vortex Razor is good stuff. I think the guy above was trying to compare this to a Vortex PST and thats what I was referring to.