• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Pack??

chewy boito

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2008
Helena, MT
Im debating on a new pack my options are a badlands 2200 or 2800, or the eberlestock gunslinger or phantom.Im leaning more towards the eberlestock due to the built in scabbard, i really like the phantom because you can remove the scabbard an it duals as a drag bag, but its kinda outta my price range so ill probably end up with the gunslinger. So i guess the main question is how do these two brands compare?
Thanks
Younggun

Re: New Pack??

I just got an eberlestock and love it. Its one of the hunting packs.(Blue widow)If there tactical packs are anything like this the quality is top notch.

My gunslinger has serve me well for many years. Gunslinger 2 is nice pack as well.

I just got my eberlestock gunslinger II in from a Hide member ( Ceylonc ) - and the pack is perfect.

I'll have to get some pictures up this week.

Give Ceylonc a PM and he can help you out.

Same here, just got a Gunslinger II from ceylon and it was worth every penny. PM him and you will get a great deal and extremely fast shipping.

I really wanted a G4 Operator, but the warehouse fire destroyed all of Eberlestock's supply. I decided I'd get a gunslinger II and had been dealing with Ceylon. He offer's excellent prices and some other added bonuses to forum members. I ended up finding an Operator pack locally so I didn't end up buying from him, but from my conversations with him, and from what I've heard from others, I'd buy from him if he had been able to get me the pack I really wanted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Rogers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really wanted a G4 Operator, but the warehouse fire destroyed all of Eberlestock's supply. I decided I'd get a gunslinger II and had been dealing with Ceylon. He offer's excellent prices and some other added bonuses to forum members. I ended up finding an Operator pack locally so I didn't end up buying from him, but from my conversations with him, and from what I've heard from others, I'd buy from him if he had been able to get me the pack I really wanted. </div></div>

YOu may want to inquire again. Not sure that all the G4 are gone.

Big +1 for Ceylon

and the GS2

Picture809.jpg
Picture805.jpg

I bought a badlands 4500 2 years ago and am sending it back to get fixed for the second time. First time I broke a stay this time the hip belt started to tear out. Get a elberstock.

thanks guys ive made up my mind to get eberlestock seen as it sounds like its the way to go as far as durability and design... now i just have to decide gunslinger or just one j34.. decisions decisions decisions ..lol

Do you have any pics with the Terminator loaded out. Also will it fit a sleeping bag with bivy in the bottom of the ruck?

Afraid I don't have any experience with the Badlands packs - but here's my thought on the Eberlestock.

I have the earlier model of the Operator - it's a pack that's worked well for me for hunting. Probably slightly larger than I need in a hunting pack, and a little heavy with all the molle. But that said, I use it and like it. I'll probably even pick up a Mini-Me soon.

For me it would depend on whether or not you need the pack primarily to carry the rifle. If you're planning to carry a rifle more than few miles I'd definitely give serious consideration to the Eberlestock. I've tried a Kifaru gunbearer on a Gregory pack and didn't like how the hip belt ended up riding with the weight on it. Probably would have been fine for a few miles, but for long distances it didn't feel great.

If it's not primarily for rifle carry I'd look into a pack with better suspension - Gregory/Mystery Ranch/Arc'teryx - but that's just me.

Good thread! I have been looking at the X2 because it has a place for my spotting scope and tripod. Not sure what it would be like to carry a rifle on the pack but the rest of it seems well thought out.

Eberlestock X2 Hunting Pack

Mystery ranch is EXPENSIVE.. i looked at there packs they are well made however i cant make myself pay that much.

Most of the time my hunting is done off a horse but once its game on i need a pack that can carry my rifle especially hunting the breaks of the marias river for whitetails/muleys

aside from getting a new pack, which can become addictive. !
( not that I'd know... I mean I have a friend who... )

Anyway, I have a Kifaru GunBearer. An alternative to having it slung on or in a pack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: younggun270</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of the time my hunting is done off a horse but once its game on i need a pack that can carry my rifle especially hunting the breaks of the marias river for whitetails/muleys </div></div>

So...does the rifle come out of the pack pretty easy? The video on their website shows the person using a two hand pull to get it out.

hey younggun, I have a 2800 and its a great pack...i keep finding new pockets and places to put things everytime i use it...it has a place to hold your rifle when hiking threw the woods or up a mountain on a hunting trip. thats my 2 cents. and badlands quality is great...will last forever and lifetime warrenty

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-size: 11pt">
I just found an Eberlestock Dragonfly in Advantage Brush. It is brand new with hang tags, never been sold. It's available to me for $279. I tried it on. It's bigger and heavier than I was hoping. It does have tons of features. I'm wondering if it way overkill for what I want. I was looking for a pack for prairie antelope and mule deer hunting on walk-in land. Currently I use a Camelback Havoc pack just to carry my daily needs and water. The game wardens here don't allow game carts for retrieving game on walk-in areas, so you have to drag it out or bone it and pack it out. Usually less than 3 miles. Even at $279 it's more than I was planning on spending. Any suggestions?

Bob
</span> </span>