• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

"new post quote" notification

timelinex

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2011
    Scottsdale,Az
    Is there any way to remove the annoying "new post quote" updates from showing up in your notifications.. Its pretty useless considering clicking on it just takes you to your UserCP instead of a list of the posts that were quoted....

Is there any way to remove the annoying "new post quote" updates from showing up in your notifications.. Its pretty useless considering clicking on it just takes you to your UserCP instead of a list of the posts that were quoted....

Huh. I figured that was just my phone.

Thankfully someone already started the thread I was about to start.
    It really seems like that link in the notification is meant to take you to a thread.

I don't mind the notifications, but I hate that I click on the quote notification and it takes me to my user CP. Is there a way to take you to the quoted post when you click on the notification?

Thankfully someone already started the thread I was about to start.
    It really seems like that link in the notification is meant to take you to a thread.

That is what I had initially thought would happen. Then I figured I was missing something.

Taking you to thread to view who quoted you would at least make sense to me. Otherwise, one may not follow up not knowing someone quoted you. :confused:.

Is there a way to take you to the quoted post when you click on the notification?

+1

I think I finally killed the quote notification

Lowlight,

Would you be aware if above request is possible? It makes sense, at least to me, clicking on "New Post Quote" would take you to just that. I would think killing it would/could disconnect members from a thread not realizing someone quoted them. Hope that made sense. :confused:

I am not familiar with specific CMS SH uses but I would think it is configurable in background, somehow.

Just a +1 for consideration.

Thank you

If I recall he said he tried to make the change to actually being you to the new post but it didn't work. On tapatalk it works (I think) , just not from a normal browser.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That is what I had initially thought would happen. Then I figured I was missing something.

Taking you to thread to view who quoted you would at least make sense to me. Otherwise, one may not follow up not knowing someone quoted you. :confused:.

Returning the quote favor.
    I've been notified and the only technique to follow what is being quoted I've found is to go through all my recent posts to find the one quoted.
    Today that was a failure.

Actually MLC, I've found that the quickest way to find out who quoted you, or where, is by clicking on "Settings", which will bring up your subscribed threads with new posts list. As you know, any thread that you have posted in automatically becomes a subscription for you. Now, unless you post in 50 different threads a day, this list is usually pretty short. So you right click and open each one in a new tab and then quick flip from tab to tab to quickly show you who quoted you and why they think you suck, are right, love you, or need to jump into a lake, etc.

This has been a public service announcement.

Also, please notice that I did NOT quote you, even though it would have alerted you more quickly to the fact that I am trying to help you. :)

Returning the quote favor.
    I've been notified and the only technique to follow what is being quoted I've found is to go through all my recent posts to find the one quoted.
    Today that was a failure.

Been there. PITA most of the time. In this case I have SH set to email for this thread so I followed link but it did not work as it has in past. So, I did exactly what you mentioned above.

I am sure SH's CMS software can be configured for such. SH admins are only one's that can turn feature on, if it even exists.

I would love the notification if it could take you directly to the thread where your post was quoted. Otherwise it is useless. +1 for that option....

Lash is entirely correct.
    If you ignore the post quote notification and pull down the settings tab you can see what threads have been bumped and it limits the amount of looking you have to do.