• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Primary Arms PLXC 1-8 FFP

Didn't touch on the eye box but that just tells me it was a non issue for them.
They had this to say about it in the comment section when asked about it:

"Hey man, eyebox sits somewhere between Razor 1-6 and NF NX8. It’s not as red-dot competitive at 1x as Razor but you can see Max has no problem shooting it support shoulder and at 8x, it is not that sensitive to alignment as the NX8 or even the Vortex 1-10. I don’t think eyebox will be the deciding issue on this optic"

Sounds like a winner to me. I'm glad PA sent one to SupersetCa because honestly a lot of PA youtube reviews feel like infomercials lol. Now I have to find a rifle to put it on🤔

Reactions: PappyM3 and JDB55
They had this to say about it in the comment section when asked about it:

"Hey man, eyebox sits somewhere between Razor 1-6 and NF NX8. It’s not as red-dot competitive at 1x as Razor but you can see Max has no problem shooting it support shoulder and at 8x, it is not that sensitive to alignment as the NX8 or even the Vortex 1-10. I don’t think eyebox will be the deciding issue on this optic"

Sounds like a winner to me. I'm glad PA sent one to SupersetCa because honestly a lot of PA youtube reviews feel like infomercials lol. Now I have to find a rifle to put it on🤔
I agree 100% with that assessment

No the only one that is in house that I can ship with partial packaging is the Raptor yard version. I will work on other ETAs
Yup. But when I commented with that, all three reticle versions were on the website showing they could be pre-ordered.

SuperSetCA has a review out on this optic and it's very positive.

Its pretty obvious that Primary Arms aimed this optic squarely at the Nightforce NX8. The size, weight, and several specs are "just" slightly better then the NX8, on paper at least.

Which might explain why Nightforce is now offering the capped elevation turret and FC-DMX reticles on the NX8.

Personally, I'd take the NX8 over the PA. The NX8 illumination is probably twice as bright as what the PA scope can achieve. And I suspect the Nightforce will also be tougher and more reliable.

Reactions: patscrazy
We have a full staff of top notch engineers in our Houston optics facility to work with OEMs to produce this and our other new optics.

Nightforce and Vortex set the bar for high end LPVOs for the rest of us but we are working hard to get better with every new model!!

These are not my words. A quote from earlier in this thread from a email update from Koshkin/DLO - Full text is on page 4

"It is essentially the size of NX8 1-8x24 (half inch longer and half ounce lighter) without any of the NX8's optical compromises. Optically, it is competitive with the the ATACR 1-8x24 and Razor Gen3 1-10x24. I expect to be competitive mechanically as well given which OEM makes it and how PA does QC."

Last edited:
Its pretty obvious that Primary Arms aimed this optic squarely at the Nightforce NX8. The size, weight, and several specs are "just" slightly better then the NX8, on paper at least.

Which might explain why Nightforce is now offering the capped elevation turret and FC-DMX reticles on the NX8.

Personally, I'd take the NX8 over the PA. The NX8 illumination is probably twice as bright as what the PA scope can achieve. And I suspect the Nightforce will also be tougher and more reliable.
I get what your saying, but I respectfully disagree having looked through both now. For what I want, the NX8 would never be on my list. I like red dot bright in my LPVOs, but the NX8 is way to finicky in the eyebox, also the small FOV at it's price is disappointing. Yes it's illumination is brighter, but that's not enough to outweigh it's cons side by side with the PA compact.

Equally the Vortex 1-10 is worse in the eye box and eye relief and on 1x it has more fish eye imo. For me and what I've seen up to this point you grab a Razor 1-6 (Stryker 1-6/credo HX 1-6 with the bright dot are both close) if you want red dot bright and the best eye box with a thin bezel and great Japanese glass or if you want FFP with great glass, great reticle, huge FOV and a thin bezel and shake awake illumination, you grab the PA compact for the under $2-2.3 thousand field of optics.

I think until people actually get their hands on this optic, it will continue to be highly underestimated. This thing hits on nearly all counts (except aimpoint bright illumination) and like supersetca said, for a general purpose LPVO I think this one takes the cake so far from what I've personally viewed. It's between this and the Razor 1-6 depending on if you want SFP or FFP in my eyes.

To me, on paper, it’s the NX8 with .1 MRAD adjustment and 15% more FOV at 20% less cost.

Reactions: Jdfd556
The Meter BDC and Griffin Mil grid can be pre ordered for Q3 delivery. I am waiting on a more specific ETA. The Griffin was not in all the different ways you can search. I am fixing that now but here is a link to it

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary...luminated-acss-griffin-mil-m8-556-308-reticle
Thanks, really looking forward to the Griffin model. If you get a more precise ETA on that please let us know. Also, if it comes without the fancy packaging when they get in house that'd be just fine as well.

The NX8 and PLx-C are definitely in competitionX The only things holding me back from pre-ordering a PLx-C today:

1. The NX8 just came out with the FC-DMx reticle. I’ve been waiting on that for a while.

2. Durability unknown. The PLx Compact is probably durable, but the Nightforce is a known quantity and only time will tell for the PLx-C. As it’s an optic I may take OCONUS, it’s a key factor.

3. Those damn chevrons. I know Dimitry will arrogantly scoff at me for dismissing chevrons, but they don’t work for me and I very much prefer dots or crosshairs. I’m not faster with chevrons, their tip is too ambiguous to my eyes, and the rest occludes too much of the target. Even with the ACOG back in the day, I went with my own crosshair version.

But there are few things that preventing me from ordering an NX8 today.

1. Even without the PLx-C’s fantastic field of view, the NX8’s field of view is sub-par. Not terrible like the Accupoint 1-4, but definitely below average.

2. The ranging and BDC features of the PLx-C would be much more useful to me OCONUS than the FC-DMx. I wouldn’t be swapping it between different calibers.

The illumination isn’t really a factor for me, as long as the reticle is designed correctly. Thank god the Plx-C finally has tall crosshairs that are easily visible at 1x instead of the floating horseshoe in the center. With those crosshairs, illumination is only needed for aiming into dark areas. For that, you don’t need a nuclear bright dot like the NX8 has.

It’s a tough call and I may just order both.

The NX8 and PLx-C are definitely in competitionX The only things holding me back from pre-ordering a PLx-C today:

1. The NX8 just came out with the FC-DMx reticle. I’ve been waiting on that for a while.

2. Durability unknown. The PLx Compact is probably durable, but the Nightforce is a known quantity and only time will tell for the PLx-C. As it’s an optic I may take OCONUS, it’s a key factor.

3. Those damn chevrons. I know Dimitry will arrogantly scoff at me for dismissing chevrons, but they don’t work for me and I very much prefer dots or crosshairs. I’m not faster with chevrons, their tip is too ambiguous to my eyes, and the rest occludes too much of the target. Even with the ACOG back in the day, I went with my own crosshair version.

But there are few things that preventing me from ordering an NX8 today.

1. Even without the PLx-C’s fantastic field of view, the NX8’s field of view is sub-par. Not terrible like the Accupoint 1-4, but definitely below average.

2. The ranging and BDC features of the PLx-C would be much more useful to me OCONUS than the FC-DMx. I wouldn’t be swapping it between different calibers.

The illumination isn’t really a factor for me, as long as the reticle is designed correctly. Thank god the Plx-C finally has tall crosshairs that are easily visible at 1x instead of the floating horseshoe in the center. With those crosshairs, illumination is only needed for aiming into dark areas. For that, you don’t need a nuclear bright dot like the NX8 has.

It’s a tough call and I may just order both.
If you can afford it, order both and compare... honestly wish I would have done more of that in the past, would have saved me money in the long run.

Reactions: PappyM3
I had a couple of NX8's and was also disappointed with the reticle, and I got excited about them once again after the announcement of the new FC-DMx reticle, but then the PA came out and messed up my decision making process.

I was definitely going to try the NX8 once again but in the back of my mind was that kind of picky eyebox, and having to 100% depend on the illumination at 1x because without it it was not easy to pick up.

I'm giving the PA go because if I can use it at 1x without depending on the illum, and as long as it will hold up on my POF Revolution 308 it should be a keeper, and I'll get another one for the 5.56.

I'm not going to sweat it because if I end up not wanting it I know what to expect from the NX8, and will go that route if I feel the need, but the specs and reviews so far tell me I may like the PA better, but that's all hearsay right now because I haven't looked through one myself yet, and we all see very different through optics sometimes.

When the Vortex Gen lll 1-10x came out I had way too high of expectations of it and was disappointed as soon as I got it and have learned not to take to heart all the reviews positive or negative, and look at them objectively, because I have also been impressed with products that have had overblown negative reviews.

We're only going to know if this is something that suits our needs if we try it out for ourselves, and yes it's a risk that you have to be willing to take, but most of these companies have good return policies if you haven't mounted anything and are disappointed in it right out of the box.

If you can afford it, order both and compare... honestly wish I would have done more of that in the past, would have saved me money in the long run.
Has anybody heard of anyone actually using the PA optics 90 day return thing? Do they actually honor it and is the only cost to the consumer return shipping?

One more spec I'm going to dig about the PA over the NX8 are the .1 mil clicks. I know most don't really care but both my POF 308 and BCM KD4 556 are 3/4-1" at 100 and when I was zeroing the KD4 with the NX it was either a bit to the right of a bit to the left and I couldn't get it zeroed dead center. I know I probably could have just ignored it or tweaked my handloads to accommodate, but I refused to do that because I had worked on getting these loads just where I wanted them, and with other optics I have owned they were dead center because of the finer adjustments.

Now dose that matter on the "SHTF BATTLEFEILD!!!!!", NO!!! but I don't have big fantasy's and delusions of going into combat with my gear even though I love to train for it. I'm not an operator and don't claim to be one. I leave that to the posers.

Nice! I got a shipping notice. I assume it's with the retail packaging masrh1 has been waiting for as I did not contact him to get an early shipment. Hopefully others will or have gotten their notices too.

We are trying to get all the new reticles in Strelok
Do you know if the measurements have been submitted? I keep checking for the M8s when Strelok pushes an update.

I got the Yards model in last week, and I'm really digging it so far.

It's far better on 1x and especially 8x, than my Razor Gen lll's were. For me it's nowhere near as picky at full mag.

You'll have to be the judge for yourself as far as everything else goes. All I can say is that it's working for me far better than I expected.

I've had a little time around the house with one of these now. No rounds downrange yet though. Just some initial thoughts.

It's really easy to get behind. At room distances on 1x I get slight distortions while panning, but not bad. Better than a VCOG I had. I've never owned a Razor 1-6, and know it's supposed to be the bee's knees in this area, but I did have a Swaro Z6i and I'd put the PA just barely behind it, and that Swaro had some great glass.

Eyebox isn't as finicky up at higher mags as I was dreading. I think right now I'll likely leave this set around 5x as it really shines there in an all purpose role. Higher mags are a little tighter, but not awful either.

Illumination is bright. Not red dot bright. I bought it expecting this though. I've spent more time with an ACOG with a Piggyback red dot than any other configuration and don't mind piggybacking one on an LPVO. The Pistol dot is my primary Cqb option. I think with the stadia and the horseshoe it's very viable on 1x, even without blazing illumination. Others who've been dedicated to the LPVO as a Red dot for awhile may disagree and that's okay too.

In PRI 1.5" rings with a Piggybacked Holosun 508T total weight is just under 25oz.

Mine replaced a TA110 on an AR-10. I got extra zoom beyond 3.5x with a better reticle that's useful at all mags compared to a SFP, added a better redundant option for Cqb, and only added a couple ounces in the process.

Seems well made but I don't think I'll be the one to test that. I hope structural compromises weren't made to achieve that Razor disappearing window effect.

Edit: PA service, and dealing with @marsh1 has been excellent and confidence inspiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBWalsh and JDB55
At room distances on 1x I get slight distortions while panning, but not bad. Better than a VCOG I had.
That's good to hear. Just spent some time behind a 8x VCOG today and it was truly dreadful considering it's price.

It also weights 32oz which is more than a Mark5 5-25
Dang. Didn't realize they were that heavy. If you figure that includes the mount which could otherwise be 5-9oz it doesn't sound as bad.

Dang. Didn't realize they were that heavy. If you figure that includes the mount which could otherwise be 5-9oz it doesn't sound as bad.
Take off 7oz and it’s still 25oz of optic, which is pretty porky for a 1-8.

I got out again this pas Fri. and threw another 100rds down range on my POF Revolution 308.

It was a bright sunny day, and at 1x the illum was still bright and visible.

I once again ended up turning it off as this reticle is more than usable without the illum on. It actually would drown out a 12x18" steel silhouette at 150yds.

I'm still liking this optic.

@marsh1 what's the thread pitch on the objective?

Any plans to offer an ARD for this? For a combat-type optic like this I probably would have rather had one of those than a chode sun shade 😁

This scope is looking like it ticks off all the boxes for me.

Wanted to say I would be very interested in a 1-6 version if you could knock a few oz off the weight and a few $$ off the price.

Reactions: Thorbeast
All data has been supplied to Strelok. The reticle manual gives you specific zeroing instructions based on your round and barrel length. Just follow these instruction for the Raptor yards or meter and you will be GTG. If you have exact velocity and want to send it Dimitri (reticle designer and patent holder) will run a custom chart.

Last edited:
I know you're releasing the reticle drawings to Strelok, but will this be released to everyone?

The reticles haven't appeared in Strelok yet.

Reactions: PappyM3
I know you're releasing the reticle drawings to Strelok, but will this be released to everyone?

The reticles haven't appeared in Strelok yet.
No the patent holder of the reticle will not release the full files but he will do a custom drop chart if you have velocity data. Also the beauty of the ACSS reticles is you zero according to the manual and your drops are on

Last edited: