• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New purchase! Leica 1600B

Chrisok1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2013
TX
Well, I bought a Leica 1600B this weekend. I read reviews on the Hide and other places. I took a look at several different models at the local Cabela's to confirm that I was buying the Leica. So far, definitely impressed. Very quick to range and I've gotten over 1600yds on hard targets. The menu system and ballistic calculator is a little tricky to setup as the instruction manual is not very clear. I ended up setting it up with the ballistic chart that best matches my .308 AR platform, but I would consider it more of a guideline than 100% accurate. I have it displaying holdover in inches for now.

Glass is very clear and is 7X magnification. I haven't had a chance to range a soft target (animal) at distance yet, but I'm sure it will be farther than I will ever take a shot at an animal. For me, I would not consider taking a shot past 400 yds with my .308 and probably about 500 with my .300WM, but honestly, the longest shot I have taken at a critter was 250yds. Never really had an opportunity to shoot one past that as most of my feeders are in the 100-160 range.

Anyway, I liked it over the other brands I played with (Ziess, Bushnell, Leupold, and Swarovski).

Next, I need to upgrade my Binocs......

I bet its nice, Leica makes good stuff...albeit a bit rich for my budget.

Next, I need to upgrade my Binocs......

I love the Leica, but this is what keeps me thinking about the Bushnell Fusion Binos. Since I need both a rangefinder and binoculars, it seems to make more sense to do the Bushnells

Yeah I hear you. Those fusions look like a neat concept. I have a cheap pair of Nikon binocs right now. Thinking about looking for some used ziess binocs. A buddy had some a couple of weeks ago when we were hunting and they were really clear. Time to start dropping hints for the wife!

Last edited:
i have the same one Leica 1600B, really love it. But i prefer a binocular+rangefinder in one piece cuz i hunt antelope and I just hate to wear 3 optics at the same time(Rangefinder, Binocular, and riflescope). I actually left my Leupold rangefinder in the sagebrush when i was trying to kill the antelope with a quick shot by using the other 2 lol.
if money is no problem, 1 vote for Swarovski binocular