• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New range in North TX?

ariley72

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2009
Would anybody be interested in a new long range in North Texas?

Machine guns, 50s, etc

200 to 1500 yards plus

Like to have some input.

Re: New range in North TX?

Yes. Would you offer annual membership to go any time? Day and night shooting? Courses and training?

Membership would be available. Just getting a census as to if it would be doable and what intererst is out there.

Location selected also has access to a two story lodge with 13 rooms, game room within 6 miles. also has pistol and shotgun ranges available

Hell yes, I would drive from Houston. Granted, I visit family and my alma mater (TCU) up there quite a bit....

yes, our range only goes to 600

there was a thread like this not to long but nothing ever came of it.

Basically you wouldn't have any problem finding members.

As a member of another shooting club in DFW with a 3+ year waiting list for membership, allowing people to do action pistol shooting there would raise a ton of interest as well.

And yah I'd join up

I would be interested, where about in North Texas would the range be located if you don't mind me asking?

45 min south of Wichita Falls and 2 hours north west of DFW on Hwy 114

Looking at having up to 1760 yd range down to 200 yds.

Pistol ranges would consist of falling plate and paper targets

Action shooting and combat action shooting would come afterwards depending on demand/support from shooters.

sounds like it would be a winner...I imagine I'd spend quite a bit of time there as I have a lot of weekedays off.

Are you thinking of having it as an open to the public range or a private membership deal?

it would be semi private there will be open shoots but for the most part it would be private range that should keep out the rif raf

So like near Jacksboro or where?

outside olney tx. a little west of jacksboro in the place none as the canyons

perfect! Not a bad drive and runs pretty close to the Ponder Steak House for food on the way home.

I can see the future now!

Hell if your out that far your near Ridge Runners in Breckenridge, Yearly membership, come and go as you please, pistol comps on sundays, Last I was a member it was $50 a year, might have gone up a bit by now. Its 80 miles from me here in Granbury,