• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New Red Dot Test: RXS-250

Team RCBS & Bushnell

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Hello Hide - We have a new red dot we made that's really geared for carry and ruggedness. We wanted it to pass the Army MIL-STD-810 drop test, so we tried it out and went a little beyond that, and filmed it. Here's a video of it, thought some of you might find it interesting!

If you've got an optics-ready pistol or are looking for a 3Gun offset dot that can handle some dump bucket abuse, you should check this one out.

Was this a 810"G" test with 26 drops and were they performed with the magazine fully loaded ? Thanks

Was this a 810"G" test with 26 drops and were they performed with the magazine fully loaded ? Thanks
    They did use a full magazine. I actually made the dummy ammo for them (used 147 grain bullets). They did ended up actually exceeding the drops, I can't remember how far they went. They were having fun with it.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
    Good timing. I'm looking for a RDS for my G17 to participate in a beta test advanced LE RDS pistol program. 700-1000 rounds daily.

It will also pull double duty on an AR over a 10x scope.

Edit: Damn... just read the VIP program details. I'm former Army Reserves (not retired), and retired LE, but current LE instructor.

Last edited:
    Good timing. I'm looking for a RDS for my G17 to participate in a beta test advanced LE RDS pistol program. 700-1000 rounds daily.

It will also pull double duty on an AR over a 10x scope.

Edit: Damn... just read the VIP program details. I'm former Army Reserves (not retired), and retired LE, but current LE instructor.
    Did you apply? You qualify of course.

Reactions: WB300
    Is it the same glass in the rxs-100 and the rxs-250? Is there any distortion at the edge of the glass like on a trijcon rmr?

We just ran out on the site a few days ago. Supply chain across the industry is in a painful place right now.
    Any improvements in the supply chain yet, seems these sights have dried up, can't find any in stock anywhere.
    Are there more expected to hit the market in the near future, looking to pickup a 3rd one.

Is there any distortion at the edge of the glass like on a trijcon rmr?
    Are you seriously suggesting that people should pass on the gold standard of durability and reliability in pistol slide mounted optics because there's a tiny bit of distortion on a portion of the lens that doesn't matter?

Really?

Comments like these let me know who doesn't know how to use one of these sights.

Maybe, maybe not, just started using a red dot on a pistol. Currently have these rxs-250 on .22 pistols for pest control around the homestead and chicken coop. When tracking a possum or skunk through the underbrush or a squirrel through the trees then tint or edge magnification can be annoying.
    I imagine drawing from my side and shooting when the dot enters my sight picture and gets on target, then tint and edge distortion aren't much of a factor.
    I like what I get for the price with these so I'm looking to get one to try on a carry handgun instead of just hunting with them.

Last edited:
    Maybe, maybe not, just started using a red dot on a pistol. Currently have these rxs-250 on .22 pistols for pest control around the homestead and chicken coop. When tracking a possum or skunk through the underbrush or a squirrel through the trees then tint or edge magnification can be annoying.
    I imagine drawing from my side and shooting when the dot enters my sight picture and gets on target, then tint and edge distortion aren't much of a factor.
    I like what I get for the price with these so I'm looking to get one to try on a carry handgun instead of just hunting with them.

The tint and distortion are noticeable only if you try to see the world through the optic's little window. If you focus on the target and look past/around the optic, the dot will just appear on target, the optic itself almost disappears from your view, and you become faster and more accurate. The former is the wrong way to use a reflex sight, the latter is the correct way.

I've been shooting optic-sighted handguns heavily since January 2020 in USPSA competition, easily 7 - 9K rounds through red dot sight-equipped pistols and several times that amount of dry fire presentations and drills. I mention that not to brag, but so you know what level of experience I'm basing my advice on.

FYI, my experience with pistol red dots include both the Trijicon RMR and SRO and the Holosun 507C.

I have Meprolight RDS trudot on my ARs/AR pistols and look through the optic, so when I went to a micro rds on .22 pistol I tend to look through it to pick out a varmints head in the bushes.
    Now as I am upgrading my Glocks to micro rds I will be practicing for speed and not a precision kill to avoid being sprayed.
    With the rxs-250 be kinda scarce presently, I may have to look at RMR/Holosun for purchase.

I have Meprolight RDS trudot on my ARs/AR pistols and look through the optic,

These are not (obviously) iron sights, so why would you use them as such?

Try the opposite. Look HARD at the target then bring up the rifle to your face while using your support hand to point the rifle at the target. Much faster and plenty accurate.

The tint and distortion are noticeable only if you try to see the world through the optic's little window. If you focus on the target and look past/around the optic, the dot will just appear on target, the optic itself almost disappears from your view, and you become faster and more accurate. The former is the wrong way to use a reflex sight, the latter is the correct way.

I've been shooting optic-sighted handguns heavily since January 2020 in USPSA competition, easily 7 - 9K rounds through red dot sight-equipped pistols and several times that amount of dry fire presentations and drills. I mention that not to brag, but so you know what level of experience I'm basing my advice on.

FYI, my experience with pistol red dots include both the Trijicon RMR and SRO and the Holosun 507C.
    I've shot USPSA since 2015, mostly in Open and PCC, both with RDS, and yeah, I've personally always totally focused on the targets. The dot's just there in between and not focused on.

We're hoping to get the RXS-250 & RXS-100 back in stock on the site next week. It's hard to tell how many we'll have though. We had a bunch last week and they were all gone within days.

I've shot USPSA since 2015, mostly in Open and PCC, both with RDS, and yeah, I've personally always totally focused on the targets. The dot's just there in between and not focused on.

We're hoping to get the RXS-250 & RXS-100 back in stock on the site next week. It's hard to tell how many we'll have though. We had a bunch last week and they were all gone within days.

Supply chains are stretched thin and consumers are crazy. I've never seen anything like this.