• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Release: Cronus BTR Gen 2

I guess. I am still really struggling with the weight of the MPA with the M24 barrel. With the Razor, I will likely be around 18 lbs or so.

Some of it comes from trying to keep weight off of back country hunting rifles over the years. I also shot NRA and CMP Highpower from position in the past and the weight is getting to the point shooting unsupported may be tough. I know I need to get over it and just get out and shoot the thing.

I guess. I am still really struggling with the weight of the MPA with the M24 barrel. With the Razor, I will likely be around 18 lbs or so.

Some of it comes from trying to keep weight off of back country hunting rifles over the years. I also shot NRA and CMP Highpower from position in the past and the weight is getting to the point shooting unsupported may be tough. I know I need to get over it and just get out and shoot the thing.
Unsupported is definitely tougher with a heavy rifle but unless you plan to do a lot of that I wouldn't worry about it.

Main thing I'd you want the rifle to be well balanced, if you are finding the rifle muzzle heavy then a heavy scope should help balance out the rifle.

If you would try one (I assume you have not) you may come to the conclusion like many others that it doesn't need Locking Turrets, at least not for target / PRS style shooting.
I agree that it'd be darn hard for these turrets to move by accident if rubbed against something. Pretty much twice the tension to overcome compared to my S&B and maybe 2.5 times more than that of my March 5-42. I'd definitely be nervous about the turrets moving on my March except they lock. Point being these G2 turrets will require more force to move than pretty much all the non locking turrets out there.

I know this is an older thread, but, I just got one of these yesterday and I am blown away with the quality. I have 4 March scopes but none are higher than 25 power, and all have small objectives. Two are on service rifles for NRA high power position shooting and two are on mid and long range target rifles and weight becomes an issue because we shoot from a sling. So, not really apples to apples on the Marches.
I have a Vortex AMG that I am comparing it to and while I like the features of the AMG better, this thing is right there with it. I dont think I am sacrificing much if anything. If they still made the AMG I’d buy another but I need a MOA scope and Athlon sells this in MOA so that worked for me. I have not looked at 1000 with it yet. Wind turret will not turn by getting bumped; it is stiff. It‘s going on my precision rifle as well only shoot paper to 1k and rarely steel and then only to 400. I‘m not really up to date on higher end optics but I can say that they are making good products now for sure and this is the proof of that.

I know this is an older thread, but, I just got one of these yesterday and I am blown away with the quality. I have 4 March scopes but none are higher than 25 power, and all have small objectives. Two are on service rifles for NRA high power position shooting and two are on mid and long range target rifles and weight becomes an issue because we shoot from a sling. So, not really apples to apples on the Marches.
I have a Vortex AMG that I am comparing it to and while I like the features of the AMG better, this thing is right there with it. I dont think I am sacrificing much if anything. If they still made the AMG I’d buy another but I need a MOA scope and Athlon sells this in MOA so that worked for me. I have not looked at 1000 with it yet. Wind turret will not turn by getting bumped; it is stiff. It‘s going on my precision rifle as well only shoot paper to 1k and rarely steel and then only to 400. I‘m not really up to date on higher end optics but I can say that they are making good products now for sure and this is the proof of that.
Thanks for the review as I am looking at one of these for my Vudoo V-22. The main advantage I can see that this has over the Ares ETR is that the 2nd Rev elevation numbers are also on the turret for when you get past 200yds. Especially for the MOA version that goes 25MOA per rev. Gets a little confusing adding 13 to 25 on the clock.