• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Reloading Bench

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
just finished a budget built reloading bench to bring up to the ranch. All in it was 64 dollars. and took around an hour. I think i am very satisfied with the outcome, I through some of my equipment in it for a quick picture.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or stuff that they had added or wished they had on there bench. Not really talking about reloading equipment. just more so the bench… I am thinking some form of lighting would be a plus!

1326412554.jpg

Re: New Reloading Bench

It needs a beer dispenser!!! On a serious note I see myself kicking the tumbler down there, and I would add more 2x4's right under the bench top length wise so the middle of of the table has support and the ply wood won't flex downward under weight of when loading.

Make that two of them one in the front and one in the back

alright i appreciate that, i think it would be a good idea to support that plywood better. as far as the tubmblr is farther back then it looks its actually about 17 inches deep from the lip overhang on the top

Thats the first thing I noticed also as far as the weight of your table top...also maybe some more support under your shelf. You will deffinately be moving your tumbler after the first hour.

Eventually you will realize what needs to be done but that will all come from "doing". There really is no perfect one size fits all reloading set up.You will probably end up changing it three times before you finally find something that really works for just you.

Depending on your room size you will more than likely be putting your powder and components you don't use as often in a cabinet and maybe extending your table a bit so everything won't be getting cluttered.