• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rem 700 .223 w/ Suppressor...Thanks eddybo

Target07

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
Fellas, just wanted to post a few pics of my newest build. I would like thank eddybo for all of the time and work he put into this build. All I did was supply the parts and he did all of the smithing work and re-finishing work. Thanks again eddybo.

Here are the details:
-Rem 700 S/A .223 trued & blueprinted
-Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob
-Hart 1/8 twist HV contour cut to 16.5" & threaded for break
-MCM A-3 stock w/ adj. length of pull and height of comb in campfire camo
-Falcon Menace 4-14x44mm FFP scope
-Gem-Tech Halo 5.56mm quick attach suppressor
-the rifle was finished in coyote brown cerakote

Now, before anybody asks, no I have not put it through it's paces yet as I just got it this evening. Will have to get to the range but I am sure it will be more accurate than me. Now for the pics.

Rem700Supressed003.jpg

Rem700Supressed002.jpg

Rem700Supressed001.jpg

Rem700Supressed004.jpg

Re: New Rem 700 .223 w/ Suppressor...Thanks eddybo

Very cool! What bullet weights you gonna throw out of it?

Sweet lookin rifle, you have there sir.I'm sure it will shoot great.

Not real sure...I have to get a reloading set-up first but it has been recommended to run 90-100gr. by a friend of mine. I ordered some Engel Ballistic Research .223 Ultra Stealth Subsonic 62gr. for the time being. My only concern is having a 1/8 twist rate barrel for the 90-100gr. bullets.

Sweet. I'm doing something very similar with the short barrel but in 1:7 and not with such a nice adjustable stock as yours. Those pics makes me think I should have put a few dollars more into my stock budget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet. I'm doing something very similar with the short barrel but in 1:7 and not with such a nice adjustable stock as yours. Those pics makes me think I should have put a few dollars more into my stock budget. </div></div>

I wish I could have found a 1/7 twist barrel in stock at the time that I was shopping for one. The fastest rate I could find in-stock at the time was the 1/8 that it is wearing.

I originally had planned the stock to be an HS Precision but I am glad I went w/ the MCM. Nothing against HS Precision as I really liked the stock but there is no comparison w/ the MCM...just my .02 cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it has been recommended to run 90-100gr. by a friend of mine. My only concern is having a 1/8 twist rate barrel for the 90-100gr. bullets. </div></div>

I think with an 8 twist and the loss of velocity (short barrel) you would be hard pressed to stabilize the 90gr. bullets. Don't guess, you do NOT want to screw up the can!!

Try this program from JBM. Just plug in your variables and it tells you if the combo will stabilize. You are looking for a number of 1.5 or better.

http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmstab-5.1.cgi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wicked Weapons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it has been recommended to run 90-100gr. by a friend of mine. My only concern is having a 1/8 twist rate barrel for the 90-100gr. bullets. </div></div>

I think with an 8 twist and the loss of velocity (short barrel) you would be hard pressed to stabilize the 90gr. bullets. Don't guess, you do NOT want to screw up the can!!

Try this program from JBM. Just plug in your variables and it tells you if the combo will stabilize. You are looking for a number of 1.5 or better.

http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmstab-5.1.cgi </div></div>

Sure it's not .15 or better? Trying to understand the numbers.

Cool.

I love suppressor but can't buy at here!!!

Very nice .223 rifle you have there.. Would like to hear how it shoots with the subs you ordered..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stock....
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks...didn't I buy it from you? Can't remember it has been a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice .223 rifle you have there.. Would like to hear how it shoots with the subs you ordered.. </div></div>

Will do. Once they arrive I will give a report back on performance.

I love shorties. Nice rig!

Alright, did a little load development last night. I ended up going w/ Hornady 75gr. Match BTHP, Hornady Brass & 5.0gr. of Trail Boss. It is wicked quite. I will be taking it out this weekend to do accuracy/stability testing w/ it hopefully.

nice stick, what kind of scope is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkySoldier25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice stick, what kind of scope is that? </div></div>

Falcon Menace 4-14x44 moa adj. w/ MLR ranging reticle (mil). Nice scope for the money. They can be had for around $400 or less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stock....
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks...didn't I buy it from you? Can't remember it has been a while. </div></div>

Yep. Your build turned out real nice,congrats!

Got to the range today...shot the sub-sonic 75gr. loads that I developed and was busting beer cans @ 100rds...not much to brag about but it was fun as hell...should have videoed it.

Any groups?? BTW I am pretty sure that barrel is a 7T. Good luck with it, if you decide you want to part with her let me have first shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddybo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any groups?? BTW I am pretty sure that barrel is a 7T. Good luck with it, if you decide you want to part with her let me have first shot. </div></div>

Glad to see you made it back around. I did shoot groups. I will have to measure them and post em' up w/ pics. I ended up shooting the 75gr. sub-sonic rounds that I loaded over at my cousin's house and I ran some 52gr. Black Hills Match through it (I know, I couldn't find anything heavier at short notice...had to buy what I could find). I will post range pics when I get a chance but it was well under moa @ 100yds.

If I do decide to sell you will be the first to know.

As to the barrel being a 1/7 I am not too sure about that. I wanted a 1/7 but if my memory serves me correct I couldn't find one that was in stock and I ended up going w/ a 1/8. Will see if I can find the receipt for the barrel (that's a long shot).