• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle A'Comin'

Viper1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2013
Nothern Kentucky
Hi Y'All,

UPS comes tomorrow with a new rifle, not only new to me but new to the manufacturer. It's a Remington 700 Tactical Cerakote 300WM 26" with the 26" fluted barrel. It's the stock that caught my eye though. It is a Bell & Carlson copy of the early '70s stock on the M40 A1 rifle. Now we are into something I am familiar with. What I remember is, that stock felt pretty good. That's an area where the Medalist is lacking. Have to really push my cheek into the Medalist's bulbous comb to get full field and I don't remember that ever being a problem with the M40 A1.

View attachment 3428

As you can see it closely copies the old Remington fiberglass stock but is, I imagine, much better built. If I don't like it I can always swap it for another but I thought I would give it a try. I now view any bolt rifle purchase as a barreled action purchase anyway.

Best,
Viper1