• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle - Blaser R8

Blazer makes great rifles but I have a problem with the trigger being my magazine

Blazer makes great rifles but I have a problem with the trigger being my magazine

Its one thing I don't like much, but it's just the trigger lever really. It's necessary with the action layout.

I like the bird taking care of completing of her range bag, it's good she does not miss a rifle or the lrf binos

That was hilarious when that funky bird took off with the rear bag! Reminds me of my silly ferret Rocky who does the same thing with my wife's Crocks.

My favorite 22 is a 1827F and my favorite old rifle is a Swiss K-31! I'd really like to have a R8!

I like your videos and find the fact that nothing is said refreshing.

The R93 LRS was the rifle that made me want to build a "sniper" rifle originally. Cool stuff.

I want to know how well the scope mount returns to zero after removal and replacement.

What kind of "jam" are you envisaging?

You know, the regular "jam".
You pull the trigger, recoil felt kinda harsh, a bit of smoke from action, the bolt don't move now ... Possibly blown out primer, swollen cartridge, maybe split neck ....
In traditional design rotational torque advantage on a cam lets you either get the case out, or rip the head off (bolt action, garand, AR15, K31 etc).
With this design the handle is attached to the locking lugs, so you can't exactly beat on that, right? Your primary extraction is .050" rod pushing off the barrel ... so how much fun are we talking about?

Reactions: Takeashot
You know, the regular "jam".
You pull the trigger, recoil felt kinda harsh, a bit of smoke from action, the bolt don't move now ... Possibly blown out primer, swollen cartridge, maybe split neck ....
In traditional design rotational torque advantage on a cam lets you either get the case out, or rip the head off (bolt action, garand, AR15, K31 etc).
With this design the handle is attached to the locking lugs, so you can't exactly beat on that, right? Your primary extraction is .050" rod pushing off the barrel ... so how much fun are we talking about?

A stuck case from defective over-pressure ammunition, then. "Jam" is a pretty wide term...

I haven't encountered it or heard of anyone encountering a stuck case in a Blaser. I'm not sure how well it'd extract. Load ammunition to safe pressures, no problem?

I have been told by Blaser owners who have loaded hot that extraction is more positive than it immediately appears, can't give much more answer than that