• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle Itch ! Nemisis Vanquish Bug Biting

Twisted .308

Sergeant
Minuteman
What would you cats do ?? I can pull a big chunk of the funds together for one by ....
selling my..
AICS 1.5 Chassis Rem.700LTR w/approx 75 rds down the tube and is a pretty accurate stick for what it is .... I could sell for ???? <span style="font-weight: bold"><<need help here on value please</span>

AND
an Armalite AR50A1 w/only 7rds fired I'm pretty sure another guy at work will pick up for 3k w/accys.& ammo thrown in

I'm liking the idea of the takedown rifle with barrel swap options ..
Is this rifle accurate as advertised ?? Anyone on here Personally shoot one ?
Please give me all your feed back Pro's and Con's
Thanks !

Re: New Rifle Itch ! Nemisis Vanquish Bug Biting

Ive never handled one but dont think its your only option if your looking for a switch barrel rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive never handled one but dont think its your only option if your looking for a switch barrel rig. </div></div>

Who else makes one ?

I have the HS takedown. Only one barrel. Shoots as advertised.

Any custom build with an action that has an integral/pinned recoil lug...

Another and a little cheaper route for a switch barrel would be an Accuracy International AE. The AE is a lot cheaper than the AX and AW and shoots just as good. Talk to the folks at Mile High Shooting, that's where I got my AW.

Thanks for the replies..the DTA looks like its a great platform ..but it does not truely breakdown like the Nemisis does and fit in a case or backpack ..for me this is what makes it most appealing betwen the two...Both rifles have very good reviews with the exception being ergonomics and personal prefereces...again I personnaly do not like the bullpup design...
keep the comments comming ..this is gonna be a tough one !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted .308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replies..the DTA looks like its a great platform ..but it does not truely breakdown like the Nemisis does and fit in a case or backpack ..for me this is what makes it most appealing betwen the two...Both rifles have very good reviews with the exception being ergonomics and personal prefereces...again I personnaly do not like the bullpup design...
keep the comments comming ..this is gonna be a tough one !</div></div>
I've experience with DTA SRS, not Covert - but it is my understanding that you can break up DTA Covert pretty much the same way (size-wise) as Nemesis and fit it in a case or a backpack. <span style="font-style: italic">Heck, I fit a fully assembled DTA SRS with 26" barrel in a backpack - it's Eberlestock Operator G4.
grin.gif
</span>

Nothing, absolutely nothing, swaps out as fast as the Nemesis, less than a minute.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, packs as small as the Nemesis, 16".
Nothing, absolutely nothing, builds or breaks down as fast as the Nemesis, 20 seconds.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, supplies swap calibers as varied as the Nemesis, literally any SA CF caliber
Nothing, absolutely nothing, that breaks down holds zero like the Nemesis. 3" at 600, 6.5" 5 shot groups at 900 yards.

There are few rifles in any configuration that shoots as accurately. Fewer still come with OpsInc barrel profiling.

Nothing against a bull pup bolt gun, that isn't just plain obvious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing, absolutely nothing, swaps out as fast as the Nemesis, less than a minute.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, packs as small as the Nemesis, 16".
Nothing, absolutely nothing, builds or breaks down as fast as the Nemesis, 20 seconds.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, supplies swap calibers as varied as the Nemesis, literally any SA CF caliber
Nothing, absolutely nothing, that breaks down holds zero like the Nemesis. 3" at 600, 6.5" 5 shot groups at 900 yards.

There are few rifles in any configuration that shoots as accurately. Fewer still come with OpsInc barrel profiling.

Nothing against a bull pup bolt gun, that isn't just plain obvious. </div></div>

That sounds awesome. Has the Nemesis platform proven itself in the field or shooting matches?

One thing I wish Nemesis would copy from EDM Arms is the rear butspike option. I love it on my M96 Windrunner.

Not to Hi-Jack my own thread but what do you guys think I should ask for this gently used stick ??
I know what the 1.5 Chassis is going for used ...<span style="font-weight: bold">BUT what about just the Rem.700LTR barreled action ? It has also been threaded by GAP for a Suppressor and has the GAP thread protector included.($155 option) </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replies..the DTA looks like its a great platform ..but it does not truely breakdown like the Nemisis does and fit in a case or backpack ...</div></div>
Take the Covert for example. It is true that it does not break down into 16" parts like Vanquish does - but it does fit in a backpack (if I can fit SRS - I'm sure you can fit Covert). And if 26" is still acceptable for your mission parameters - you don't even have to break it down: just pull the rifle out of the backpack and use it.
smile.gif
Not to mention that with Covert you can have longer barrels and/or heavier-hitting calibers than those available for Vanquish. Just some food for thought.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing, absolutely nothing, swaps out as fast as the Nemesis, less than a minute. <span style="color: #990000">Hmm, did you try SRS? I can - and did - change calibers on SRS in less than a minute. <span style="font-style: italic">Oh, and BTW it's Vanquish, not Nemesis - Nemesis Arms is the <span style="text-decoration: underline">manufacturer</span> of Vanquish <span style="text-decoration: underline">rifle</span> that packs so small.</span> </span>

Nothing, absolutely nothing, packs as small as the Nemesis, 16". <span style="color: #990000">This may be so, but Steyr AUG - albeit a semiauto rifle - packs about as small (and while missing the accuracy of Vanquish, offers other useful qualities). </span>

Nothing, absolutely nothing, builds or breaks down as fast as the Nemesis, 20 seconds. <span style="color: #990000">Hmm, have you ever served in the Armed Forces? I can break down for cleaning (removing the bolt carrier, bolt, etc. etc.) - while blindfolded - an AK47 in 20 seconds, and put it back together - still blindfolded - in half a minute. This was not considered an achievement - simply a proficiency requirement. Besides, SRS & Covert can be broken down and put back together in 20 seconds <span style="font-style: italic">each (correction - not total)</span>. Steyr AUG - <span style="text-decoration: underline">the</span> most compact rifle - can be disassembled & assembled in 15 seconds or less <span style="font-style: italic">each</span> (correction - not total). </span>

Nothing, absolutely nothing, supplies swap calibers as varied as the Nemesis, literally any SA CF caliber.<span style="color: #990000"> Now even my near-exemplary patience ran out.
grin.gif

Vanquish supports <span style="text-decoration: underline">only</span> 308-based calibers - 308 Win, 260 Rem, 243 Win, Creedmoor, 338 Federal. Other reasonably compact rifles - e.g., DTA SRS & Covert - support those 308-based (caveat - may need to get the barrel from a 3rd party, same 0.5 MOA guarantee applies) <span style="text-decoration: underline">plus</span> 300 WM and 338 Lapua Magnum, offering both longer reach and additional power downrange when it is needed.</span>

Nothing, absolutely nothing, that breaks down holds zero like the Nemesis. 3" at 600, 6.5" 5 shot groups at 900 yards. <span style="color: #990000">You should get more experience with more rifles. For example, try SRS with factory-guaranteed 0.5MOA accuracy and guaranteed return to zero in all calibers (when the shooter does his part
wink.gif
).</span>

There are few rifles in any configuration that shoots as accurately. <span style="color: #990000">Well, now: DTA rifles (SRS, Covert, HTI), AI rifles, German precision rifles (PSG, WA2000, DSR-1 <span style="font-weight: bold">claimed to have 0.2MOA accuracy</span>, etc), some Rem 700 rifles (including mine
wink.gif
)... The list goes on and on.</span>

Fewer still come with OpsInc barrel profiling. <span style="color: #990000">And this matters because...?</span>

Nothing against a bull pup bolt gun, that isn't just plain obvious. <span style="color: #990000">That's a good start.</span></div></div>

That sounds awesome. Has the Nemesis platform proven itself in the field or shooting matches?
</div></div>
That sounds more emotional than factual. While Vanquish does seem from its specs and pictures a fine rifle with attractive qualities, the author/owner should take some cool-aids before expressing himself in such "global" terms & comparisons.

I had mine up for sale but after speaking with David for close to an hour last week I have since taken it down. The Vanquish is close to some serious newness. Yes, current configuration is limited to rounds based on the .308 case but soon WSM will be offered. Maybe not the ultra mags but a 300 or a 7 WSM is quite capable to shoot any distance I care to shoot with a respectable thump!

The DTA is an incredible platform as well and I was really close to pulling the trigger on one prior to the Vanquish but the backpack ability probably sealed it for me.

<span style="color: #FF6666"><span style="font-weight: bold">Mouse</span></span>, it sounds like you are a real DTA fan and good for you. They make a respectable rig, however with different intent. I would know this as, I have spoke to them in person at Shot Show and that is what they stated.

I must respectfully ask how much experience do you have behind the DTA product and if you own one, if so for how long.
If you do own a DTA, you would know that they do make a multi-caliber platform, however I have never seen, nor does DTA speak of retention of zero when disassembling and reassembling. Can you educate me on this?

The DTA breaks down for caliber swap with a wrench and several screws. I know that combat snipers do not carry multi-barrels in the field as this would be cumbersome and probably very heavy with multiple types of ammo and not knowing where your zero is. I would imagine a sniper going out with a system that can break down, fits into a 20” backpack and reassemble zeroing out every time would be the ticket.

I do want to thank you for your service in the military, it is appreciated. It is your and others like you that have sacrificed for our freedoms, morals, ethics and respect for one another. I understand that you can break down an AK blindfolded and reassemble in 30 seconds, congratulations. What I would like to know is if that same rifle can shoot 3 inch groups at 600 yards afterward? I am not aware of one ever shooting that accurate. I am just trying to compare apple to apples.

One of the outstanding things I enjoy about this site is that most do not go on others threads to pee in pool. If you would like to pee in this one, please get your video camera out and time yourself breaking down your DTA (barrel, bolt and mag) and reassemble it. Post it here for everyone to see how fast (seconds) you are and I will do the same. It will be fun to see if we are as fast as you while you are using a wrench. One condition, no power tools, snipers don’t carry them.

Respectfully,
Nemesis Arms

I have recently seen a "combat sniper" with a DTA .338 and a .308 barrel in a bag. Iraq is still a two-way range so that classifies as combat in my book.

That was my first experience with a DTA weapon. I liked it but it did feel strange with the bolt so far back. If nemesis would come out with a WSM kit I think it would level the field. Thats my personal preference.... a .308/.260 for most shooting but the WSM ability for my CO hunting trips. Thats the all-in-one package I'm looking for.

Barrel swap in the DTA is easily under 60s, just tried it with my Covert; it took 45s at a fairly leisurely pace. I will acknowledge that if you are changing calibers in the DTA such that you also have to change to a different bolt and therefore remove the buttpad, it might take somewhere between 60s and 90s. As far as accuracy goes, I have shot 5-shot groups at 600 yd after switching barrels in the Covert that were sub-0.5 MOA (~2.5"). Can't do it all the time, but that's more likely me, not the platform.

Return to zero for the DTA has been addressed:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2603729

FWIW - I don't view mouse' response as pissing in this thread; rather as a point-by-point comment on opinions voiced by others in this thread. I think that is completely fair and a large part of what makes this such an excellent forum. Bottom line, <span style="font-style: italic">both of these platforms</span> seem outstanding, but as mentioned, maybe an apples to oranges comparison, so in the end, it's the user and the intended use that should be the deciding factor between one or the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF6666"><span style="font-weight: bold">Mouse</span></span>, it sounds like you are a real DTA fan and good for you. They make a respectable rig, however with different intent. I would know this as, I have spoke to them in person at Shot Show and that is what they stated.</div></div>
Yes I like DTA quite a bit - for its ergonomics, support of multiple calibers <span style="text-decoration: underline">including 338LM</span>, accuracy, and reasonable compactness. Plus, I am partial to bullpup design.

Unlike RollingThunder though, I don't claim that "nothing, absolutely nothing" can rival DTA in anything. It's a darn good platform, but for specific applications and needs there could be better choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must respectfully ask how much experience do you have behind the DTA product and if you own one, if so for how long.</div></div>
Yes I own one for more than a year, and have some experience behind it - not enough to be called an expert, but probably enough to form an educated opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you do own a DTA, you would know that they do make a multi-caliber platform, however I have never seen, nor does DTA speak of retention of zero when disassembling and reassembling. Can you educate me on this?</div></div>
DTA platform retains zero per barrel. When I zero my SRS with 308Win barrel, I record the scope setting. When I remove the barrel and disassemble the rifle, and then put it all back together - I don't need to re-zero. If I replace 308 with a different caliber (say 338LM) - I need to re-zero the first time this barrel is on, and again record the scope setting. From this point on, my recorded settings for 308Win and 338LM stay unchanged. I.e, when I return to 308 - I don't need to re-zero, but I do need to adjust the scope as the two zeroes (308Win and 338LM) do not match.

Speaking of retention of zero - please educate me: does Vanquish hold <span style="text-decoration: underline">the same</span> zero for every barrel/caliber, or does its zero change when you replace 308Win barrel with e.g., 260 Rem barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DTA breaks down for caliber swap with a wrench and several screws.</div></div>
Yes and no. Yes it needs a torque wrench to fix the barrel in place. No, the screws aren't "that" involved because they aren't removed or replaced - just four screws loosened and tightened (less than one full turn each) plus a lock-screw turned 180 degrees. Would something like what Vanquish does (hand-tightening the big nut) be better/easier? Maybe, probably (if for no other reason - then because no tool is needed). Does the "wrench-style" approach work? Yep. Especially since that same torque wrench is used to tighten the scope base screws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that combat snipers do not carry multi-barrels in the field...</div></div>
That would depend on the mission. I can imagine a mission profile that would benefit from multiple calibers. In any case, if/when your mission benefits from two different calibers - it's easier (lighter & more compact) to carry one rifle and several barrels. Most missions so far do fine with one caliber though.

One multi-caliber benefit is the ability to practice with a lighter/cheaper/less-kicking caliber, but take in the field a longer-reaching one - all in the same rifle (again - ergonomics, trigger, scope, etc).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...as this would be cumbersome and probably very heavy with multiple types of ammo...</div></div>
Cumbersome? I don't think so. Heavy with multiple types of ammo? Yes it would add weight, and that's always undesirable - unless you really need it. Do you? It depends on the mission profile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and not knowing where your zero is.</div></div>
You're kidding, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would imagine a sniper going out with a system that can break down, fits into a 20” backpack and reassemble zeroing out every time would be the ticket.</div></div>
Again, depends. In some cases it doesn't matter that it can or cannot fit into a 20" backpack (or 16", or 25"), as long as it can be carried/delivered to the position conveniently. In some cases it would be just the ticket. And nobody - myself including - argues that it's not a good thing to be able to pack a precision rifle in a 20" backpack, because it's great! Kudos to the designer. On the other hand, wouldn't it be great if I could fit it into a backpack <span style="text-decoration: underline">without</span> having to break it down first? For example, Covert would fit in a 27"-30" backpack <span style="text-decoration: underline">fully assembled</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand that you can break down an AK blindfolded and reassemble in 30 seconds, congratulations. What I would like to know is if that same rifle can shoot 3 inch groups at 600 yards afterward? I am not aware of one ever shooting that accurate. I am just trying to compare apple to apples.</div></div>
grin.gif
Yes I could hit a 3" target with AK - but not at 600 yards (before or after), and yes I could hit a target at 600 yards - but not of 3" size.
grin.gif

Seriously - AK was never meant to be a precision rifle. It was designed to hit man-sized targets within 400m range. It is unsurpassed in reliability and simplicity of use and maintenance. So if you need a precision rifle that can rely on good and regular maintenance and hit 0.5MOA at 600 yards - you shouldn't look at AK and/or SVD. If on the other hand you need a rifle that would fire with its intended accuracy regardless of how many <span style="text-decoration: line-through">idiots</span> unskilled individuals laid their hands on it, and what rotten conditions it had to "live" through - then you'd be hard-pressed to find something better.

To summarize the AK portion - you won't shoot golf-balls with it, but there are more men killed by it within the last 40 years than probably with any other rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the outstanding things I enjoy about this site is that most do not go on others threads to pee in pool.</div></div>
Now this is becoming interesting.

One of the things I enjoy about this site is that most members stay reasonably professional and abstain from statements in the tone of <span style="font-style: italic">"nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to <your favorite stick>"</span>.

I challenge you to point out a single statement of mine that is either derogatory in any way towards Vanquish or its manufacturer, or not factual (or both).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you would like to pee in this one, please get your video camera out and time yourself breaking down your DTA (barrel, bolt and mag) and reassemble it. Post it here for everyone to see how fast (seconds) you are and I will do the same. It will be fun to see if we are as fast as you while you are using a wrench. One condition, no power tools, snipers don’t carry them.</div></div>
OK, if in your thread setting the facts straight means "peeing in it" - fine. No promises, but as you insist my next post in this thread would be that "peeing" video. As for the power tools - no offense meant but you should really take a look at how DTA is put together (unless that was meant as a joke? If so - I missed it in the overall challenge tone).

In the meanwhile, here's the video of DTA SRS founder demonstrating caliber change at leisurely pace while talking and pointing things out: Desert Tactical Arms SRS Multi-caliber Sniper Rifle.
Here (starting at around 2:45 mark) it shows a complete caliber change (again at fairly leisurely pace) in 1 minute: Ultimate Weapons SRS Sniper System.

You tell me if you really want to see it done <span style="text-decoration: underline">by me</span> and in 20 (rather than 30) seconds per caliber, or if you really believe the presumed 10 seconds of difference matter. And if you do - this video from your YouTube channel Nemesis Arms Vanquish .308 Sniper Rifle out of a Backpack demonstrates assembling the Vanquish rifle from a backpack (I started counting when the shooter got the receiver in his hands and stopped when he put it on the ground) in about 40 seconds. I noticed that the bolt and the magazine were pre-installed.

P.S. RollingThunder, AUG is a 5.56mm rifle only, not 308. There were 9mm AUG variants.

P.P.S. @Twisted .308, if your kick is takedown rifles - here's yet another takedown rifle (1MOA accuracy): Alaskan CoPilot. I believe it breaks down in two 16" components.

I agree with you, that is what makes this forum useful. I, unfortunately, did not get back on before the "response" was taken down by its originator so I won't take the time to respond. That is probably for the best, two concepts of what the term "takedown" rifle means, (field stripping AKs blindfolded?), AUGs, SA CF as all .308 based, W2000s at .2, differences between DTA and DSR-1s, etc. Would have taken quite a bit of time...still...

oldisnew.jpg

I'm glad I stirred the Pot and opened up this can of worms !!!
it has opened up a whole new outlook on various types of rifles that are so called " Quick TakeDown"
Please continue by all means !

Mouse is wrong and his statement is inaccurate!!!:eek: The Nemesis Arms Vanquish breaks down (this means disassembled not folded) to a 20" backpack not a 26" Dragbag like the DTA.
A standard backpack is 18" to 20" tall. This means our rifle fits in anywhere, including public arenas.

Covert:
1. A shelter or disguise.
2. Concealed or secret.

Just to set the Facts Straight.

I still have not heard your answer to video you Breaking down your DTA SRS and timing it, to give an Accurate comparision to the Nemesis Arms Vanquish? This means Removing the Barrel, Bolt and Mag. then reassembling them. You know I am just trying to help you be factual, that is what this site is all about.

First, I see you chose to ignore my question about retention of zero on Vanquish. That is OK with me as at this time I don't plan to purchase one (mainly because of lack of resources to invest in another platform) - but still it would be nicer of you to provide that information for the sake of others following this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mouse is wrong and his statement is inaccurate!!!:eek: </div></div>
Please be kind enough to quote the statement you're referring to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Nemesis Arms Vanquish breaks down (this means disassembled not folded) to a 20" backpack not a 26" Dragbag like the DTA. </div></div>
That's exactly what I said. To refresh your memory:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #990000">...And nobody - myself including - argues that it's not a good thing to be able to pack a precision rifle in a 20" backpack, because it's great! Kudos to the designer. On the other hand, wouldn't it be great if I could fit it into a backpack without having to break it down first? For example, Covert would fit in a 27"-30" backpack fully assembled.</span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A standard backpack is 18" to 20" tall. This means our rifle fits in anywhere, including public arenas.</div></div>
Great! And unquestionably it's easier and less conspicuous to be in public with a 20" backpack than with a 30" one (such as this: Kathmandu 6000 cu Backpack).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still have not heard your answer to <span style="font-weight: bold">video <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> Breaking down <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> DTA SRS and timing it</span>, to give an Accurate comparision to the Nemesis Arms Vanquish? This means Removing the Barrel, Bolt and Mag. then reassembling them. You know I am just trying to help you be factual, that is what this site is all about.</div></div>
Actually I think you're trying to be unpleasant - as facts were presented to you already. Sorry, I'm not going to drop everything and set up a video just to deliver a proof <span style="text-decoration: underline">to you</span> that not only others can break down and change caliber on DTA in a minute (as the posted videos clearly showed, confirmed by other SH members here), but that I can do it too. <span style="text-decoration: underline">In time I will</span>.

Until I do, be satisfied by watching the video of others doing exactly that - removing the Barrel, Bolt and Mag (and buttplate) and putting in a different bolt, barrel, and mag (and buttplate) in one minute:
YouTube link - in case you missed it before

And you don't have to wait for me - as you're so keen on this timing and feel the urgency to see it right away, post your video where you break down and put back together Vanquish in 20 seconds each (nothing personal - I'll accept RollingThunder doing it for you if you wish
grin.gif
). Your own video from your YouTube channel shows 40 seconds just putting Vanquish together without changing bolt or inserting mag:
Vanquish out of a Backpack
<span style="font-style: italic">Not that I care in the least to see your performance. I think it's reasonable to expect that Vanquish can be broken down and put together in one minute (regardless of whether <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> can do it) - so what? If it took you two minutes - would it invalidate the rifle? Or if you managed to do it all under 30 seconds (which I don't think you can) - would it somehow be an advantage, like "the quickest-draw from a backpack"? These questions are purely rhetoric, of course.</span>

You see Mouse, that is the difference between talking and being factual.

Above you stated "Besides, SRS & Covert can be broken down and put back together in 20 seconds". That was posted #2847708 10-15-2011 @ 6:53pm.

I am just going by your statement of "OK, if in your thread setting the facts straight means "peeing in it" - fine. No promises". That was posted #2848794 10-16-2011 @ 2:22 pm.

I am just setting the facts straight. If you want to claim something, back it up. Unless your not being factual, then what do you want to call that. All I am asking is for you to prove your statement or get off the back of those you attack with false statements.

Yes, Nemesis Arms Vanquish mantains and holds zero every time it is taken apart and reassembled. Here is a video for proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7GIDQ9V-uw

People like you enjoy the equipment you choose and good for you. No harm, NO foul. However, the problem I have is when you go to a thread that people are asking question regarding another system and you decide to high jack the thread, because you bought another system. The thread dies, no talks about your position nor do they feel like being attacked, so they stop asking question of the original system.

I truly believe the Administration should look into your habits and cease to allow you to antagonize others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, I see you chose to ignore my question about retention of zero on Vanquish. That is OK with me as at this time I don't plan to purchase one (mainly because of lack of resources to invest in another platform) - but still it would be nicer of you to provide that information for the sake of others following this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mouse is wrong and his statement is inaccurate!!!:eek: </div></div>
Please be kind enough to quote the statement you're referring to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Nemesis Arms Vanquish breaks down (this means disassembled not folded) to a 20" backpack not a 26" Dragbag like the DTA. </div></div>
That's exactly what I said. To refresh your memory:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #990000">...And nobody - myself including - argues that it's not a good thing to be able to pack a precision rifle in a 20" backpack, because it's great! Kudos to the designer. On the other hand, wouldn't it be great if I could fit it into a backpack without having to break it down first? For example, Covert would fit in a 27"-30" backpack fully assembled. Is there a big difference between 20" and 30" backpacks?</span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A standard backpack is 18" to 20" tall. This means our rifle fits in anywhere, including public arenas.</div></div>
Great! And unquestionably it's easier and less conspicuous to be in public with a 20" backpack than with a 30" one (such as this: Kathmandu 6000 cu Backpack).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still have not heard your answer to <span style="font-weight: bold">video <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> Breaking down <span style="text-decoration: underline">your</span> DTA SRS and timing it</span>, to give an Accurate comparision to the Nemesis Arms Vanquish? This means Removing the Barrel, Bolt and Mag. then reassembling them. You know I am just trying to help you be factual, that is what this site is all about.</div></div>
Actually I think you're trying to be unpleasant - as facts were presented to you already. Sorry, I'm not going to drop everything and set up a video just to deliver a proof <span style="text-decoration: underline">to you</span> that not only others can break down and change caliber on DTA in a minute (as the posted videos clearly showed, confirmed by other SH members here), but that I can do it too. <span style="text-decoration: underline">In time I will</span>.

Until I do, be satisfied by watching the video of others doing exactly that - removing the Barrel, Bolt and Mag (and buttplate) and putting in a different bolt, barrel, and mag (and buttplate) in one minute:
YouTube link - in case you missed it before

And you don't have to wait for me - as you're so keen on this timing and feel the urgency to see it right away, post your video where you break down and put back together Vanquish in 20 seconds each (nothing personal - I'll accept RollingThunder doing it for you if you wish
grin.gif
). Your own video from your YouTube channel shows 40 seconds just putting Vanquish together without changing bolt or inserting mag:
Vanquish out of a Backpack
<span style="font-style: italic">Not that I care in the least to see your performance. I think it's reasonable to expect that Vanquish can be broken down and put together in one minute (regardless of whether <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> can do it) - so what? If it took you two minutes - would it invalidate the rifle? Or if you managed to do it all under 30 seconds (which I don't think you can) - would it somehow be an advantage, like "the quickest-draw from a backpack"? These questions are purely rhetoric, of course.</span> </div></div>

Having owned one, and having seen the other firsthand, there is no doubt in my mind, with say, identical time to practice on both systems, and ready set go type of time trial to remove and replace a barrel, The Nemesis is going to win SO bad you would have to go back and edit all your post stating otherwise. Dude, you have to use a tool to swap the barrels on the DTA.. TWICE, once for removal and once for replacement. Not saying anything other than No way in the world you can do it faster with a DTA than you can a Nemesis Arms rifle. Period. Id bet money..

Ch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You see Mouse, that is the difference between talking and being factual.

Above you stated "Besides, SRS & Covert can be broken down and put back together in 20 seconds". That was posted #2847708 10-15-2011 @ 6:53pm. </div></div>
Oops! My fault. This meant to say "...in 20 seconds <span style="text-decoration: underline">each</span>." One could read the above as a claim to both disassemble and put back together within 20 seconds, which would be incorrect. My apology for that.

I must add though, that if on DTA I stay with the 308-based caliber - I don't need to change the bolt and remove the buttplate. All that would be necessary for such a caliber change is replacing the barrel (and swapping the loaded magazines) - quicker.

But again, I intend to video the caliber change myself to supplement what's already there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Nemesis Arms Vanquish mantains and holds zero every time it is taken apart and reassembled. Here is a video for proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7GIDQ9V-uw</div></div>
I didn't question the fact that Vanquish retains zero. I asked whether it has the <span style="text-decoration: underline">same</span> zero for <span style="text-decoration: underline">different</span> barrels, or retains zero <span style="text-decoration: underline">per barrel</span> (as I'd expect, and as other rifles I know of do).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I truly believe the Administration should look into your habits and cease to allow you to antagonize others. </div></div>
The thread is here for them to see. If the Administration believes that either one of us overstepped the accepted behavior bounds - I am sure they will let us know.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Some clarification</span> of my position, in case it's lost in the heat of the discussion. I see your rifle positioned as one that:
  1. Offers consistent 0.5MOA accuracy, and
  2. Packs in a 20" backpack or briefcase, and
  3. Supports multiple 308-based calibers, and
  4. Offers quick (within a minute) caliber change in the field.
For each <span style="text-decoration: underline">individual</span> property there are better or at least equal contenders. For example, 0.5MOA accuracy is the current <span style="text-decoration: underline">standard</span> for purpose-built precision rifles, not an exception. An exception is DSR-1 with its 0.2MOA. Packing so small is better than most (maybe the best, really don't know the takedown field well enough) - but I think Alaskan CoPilot breaks down into two 16" components. Supporting multiple 308-based calibers is great - but several other precision rifles do that too (and some go beyond 308). Likewise with the quick caliber change. As I see it, your value and uniqueness is in the combination of these. But claiming that Vanquish excels over all others in <span style="text-decoration: underline">every single one</span> of those properties is not correct, and that's what RollingThunder did.

mouse, I appreciate everything you finally came to say until the last sentence. The fact is your wrong, dead out wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7mH4tDzrVQ

I'll say it again, and I was generous simply to be fair. Now lets be literal.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nothing, absolutely nothing, swaps out as fast as the Nemesis, less than a minute.</span>
Under 12 seconds.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nothing, absolutely nothing, packs as small as the Nemesis, 16". </span>
Its as small as a legal 16 will pack and they have been papered much smaller. The original requirement, an embassy bag 14" started the question if the gigantic .50 could be miniaturized. The idea that the Nemesis' heritage (Winderunner/Cheytac) is somehow less is patently absurd. The lessons, that some have yet to learn, about receiver to barrel rigidity are manifestly part of these series. DNFWM. You keep talking about a static stick, this is not. PS the LBR hard case is an astonishing 17".

DSCFSAD0984.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nothing, absolutely nothing, builds or breaks down as fast as the Nemesis, 20 seconds.</span>
Under 12 seconds.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nothing, absolutely nothing, supplies swap calibers as varied as the Nemesis, literally any SA CF caliber.</span>
SA stands for small action, CF stands for centerfire. Dave chambers every rifle, so if it fits in a small action and its a centerfire your good to go.He lists out .30 cases, but has built wildcats and a whole lot more. Need a LA? Go EDM, THOR or the likes.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Nothing, absolutely nothing, that breaks down holds zero like the Nemesis. 3" at 600, 6.5" 5 shot groups at 900 yards.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">There are few rifles in any configuration that shoots as accurately. Fewer still come with OpsInc barrel profiling. </span>
Few stands, regardless of the list you generate, there are few rifles on it. Some of the rifles you have on them will not shoot as well as you stated, as example your Walther was never a .2 rifle in any of its calibers.

Now, If you actually own the rifle, grab some tools and start recording..

Halcyon, the rig does enable a rear mono, but it is only required for below horizon shooting as the shoed stock is fist height.

newcase.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">"P.S. RollingThunder, AUG is a 5.56mm rifle only, not 308. There were 9mm AUG variants."</span>
And this "," is a comma, you use them to separate thoughts from the Greek komma , which means something cut off or a short clause. You will find one after the word AUG in the sentence I wrote.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"P.P.S. @Twisted .308, if your kick is takedown rifles - here's yet another takedown rifle (1MOA accuracy): Alaskan CoPilot. I believe it breaks down in two 16" components."</span>

I have, like other above mentioned weapons, owned it for over a decade, your clueless. It's a thud rifle, a brush rig, mounted with a pistol scope. See my comments here.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2829414&gonew=1#UNREAD

Back to my cool aid...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PS the LBR hard case is an astonishing 17".

DSCFSAD0984.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a pelican case ...?

@RollingThunder, nice. I can't beat or match 12 seconds each way (<span style="font-style: italic">all the more so - 12 seconds round-trip</span>).

One correction:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of the rifles you have on them will not shoot as well as you stated, as example your Walther was never a .2 rifle in any of its calibers.</div></div>
Remember that lesson about comma that you provided? Well, that comma is right there in the sentence I wrote, separating 0.5MOA Walther from 0.2MOA DSR-1 (which is the only tactical rifle I'm aware of that is claimed to be 0.2MOA).

P.S. Re. CoPilot: yeah it's a brush rifle - still it's a takedown rifle with claimed 1MOA accuracy (usually acceptable for sniper applications in the field; to compare - SVD is spec'ed at about 1.2-2MOA depending on ammo).

Mouse, That is not 12 seconds each way. THAT WAS 12 SECONDS ROUND TRIP.

That means 6 seconds each way.

By the Mouse here is the proof that you didn't think posible.
11.6 seconds.

I would still like to see how fast the DTA can be done. I will look forward to your video.

How does the DTA milk crate pistol grip and chassis hold up on a drop test? What do you do when the DTA plastic pistol grip breaks or pops a screw in field?

If there is any other aspect of my rifle you would like to know, just Ask.

It's been fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mouse, That is not 12 seconds each way. THAT WAS 12 SECONDS ROUND TRIP.

11.6 seconds.

I would still like to see how fast the DTA can be done. I will look forward to your video.

How does the DTA milk crate pistol grip and chassis hold up on a drop test? What do you do when the DTA plastic pistol grip breaks or pops a screw in field?

If there is any other aspect of my rifle you would like to know, just Ask.

It's been fun.

</div></div>

I wish the rifle used in this demonstration would have had a scope installed so the completed rifle could have actually been "ready to shoot".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mouse, That is not 12 seconds each way. THAT WAS 12 SECONDS ROUND TRIP.

11.6 seconds.

</div></div>
Yes I did not think you'd do it in 6 seconds per trip, and I am impressed. That is fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would still like to see how fast the DTA can be done. I will look forward to your video.</div></div>
I posted two video links showing how fast DTA can be done. Others on those videos do one minute round-trip between SA and LA calibers. Here's one YouTube link in case you managed to miss it twice (caliber swap starts around time-mark 2:45) http://www.youtube.com/user/DesertTacticalArmsUT#p/u/7/7xY7nH5hWrI
So it can't be a question of whether the platform breaks down and builds up within a given time (one minute): that has been already shown & proven, and confirmed by other users of this platform. And I told you that when I have time I'll tape how fast I do it (though still wondering about this obsession with my abilities vs platform's capabilities). And <span style="font-weight: bold">yes, you are about 4-5 times faster</span> - though IMHO in the field this difference is meaningless: I have not seen (nor imagined) a mission where it would matter that you can change calibers in 11.6 instead of 60 seconds on a precision rifle (except that it is advantageous to be able to do that without any tools).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the DTA milk crate pistol grip and chassis hold up on a drop test? What do you do when the DTA plastic pistol grip breaks or pops a screw in field?</div></div>
So far - not worse than AICS, just one small scratch on the side skin. Grip is a bit large for my hand, but so far I manage.

And if it eventually does pop a screw in the field (which I haven't seen nor heard of so far) - I'm sure the other screws will hold it securely until I'm back to Base, where I'll replace the missing screw myself or get a spare flown in.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there is any other aspect of my rifle you would like to know, just Ask.</div></div>
Do you support all the "SA CF" calibers, including 223 Rem/5.56mm? Or only those with 308 bolt-face (243, 260, wildcats based on 308, etc)?

I suggest you put long rail, forend and sling somewhere on your Web site so people like me wouldn't need to wonder whether Vanquish supports that. I'm currently resource-constrained so I can't buy it so don't really have a need to know, but others would surely benefit from knowing whether long rail and forend are among the available options (or if they're included in the standard package?), and if so - how much they cost. Add some pictures too, like what RollingThunder did with that briefcase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's been fun.</div></div>
Well, not quite - but educational for sure, in many aspects.

Rolling Thunder51...
<span style="font-weight: bold">P.P.S. @Twisted .308, if your kick is takedown rifles - here's yet another takedown rifle (1MOA accuracy): Alaskan CoPilot. I believe it breaks down in two 16" components."</span>

I am interested in the Vanquish as it is compact and can be hidden in plain sight ...Is a burgler gonna dig thru a backpack hanging in your closet with your workclothes ? maybe not ? most likely they will be looking for quick grabs...not saying thats how I'll store it ..
I have a limited amount of space in my safe , and cutting down on my rifle collection ,especially ones that do not get range time or a pain in the ass to deal with (ie...my .50AR1 ) thats why its going !
This is what makes this platform appealing to me ...I can carry it almost anywhere without prying eyes,thieves or paranoids freaking out everytime they see a gun ...as far as they know ..its just one of my kids backpacks ...

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you shoot the Nemesis from any position other than prone?

I can't offer much help but that looks like a sweet rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forgive my ignorance, but how do you shoot the Nemesis from any position other than prone? </div></div>

NemesisArms10-7-11011.jpg

I don't really like the free float style tube as it looks like it doubles as the barrel nut , In other posts on this rifle I would love to see a skeletonized forearm quick attach to the bipod post and reference up against the reciver for stability...
The above system would work great for the addition of NV etc..where you would need alot of support due to the added stresses due to the extra weight...
A skeletonized forearm seperate from the barrel, that you could drop the bipod off quickly , then slip the forearm on if you needed to shoot off a hood, wall,or bags etc..and not have to slip anything over the barrel assy..

this is a cheesy grip but I would make something like this only not as tall sided , Aluminium construction , and cutout more, and longer..... to attach to the bipod post just to give you guys a visual of what i'd like to see offered

TAP-GRN%20-TRI.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that Nemesis is a cute little bugger, I think I need one of those! </div></div>

agreed. my local store had one and it is pretty awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemesis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Are you still spitting that crap? Lowlight told you off yesterday about that. You're persistent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know what anyone is splitting hairs over... this is a damn marvel of engineering to fit in that shoebox!</div></div>
I think the argument started over whether this is "the best precision rifle since sliced bread in all aspects and for most purposes" (which in my opinion it isn't, but then probably no one rifle is). It certainly looks like a nice rifle with attractive properties (can't say more as I haven't tried it).

Im allso interrested in a takedown rifle but not many out ther but aside from the nemises i found thes,
TTR-700 Tactical Take Down Rifle
TTR-50 Tactical Takedown Rifle .50 BMG
OWR Overwatch Rifle
VR Voyager Rifle
All thes are made by ArmsTec but still to high dollor for my SGT paylol, heres ther link
http://armstechltd.com/products.php?id=precisionrifles