• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle: Seekins Havak HIT

I’m using the ARC M-Brace Low 1.26” and have tons of room.

Attachments

• CB1AF540-16C4-4336-B252-0BDC669B98CB.jpeg
    CB1AF540-16C4-4336-B252-0BDC669B98CB.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: matt33 and Eric L.
I got tired of adjusting the spacers on my Tikka in a KRG Bravo for my wife and kids…

So, HIT in 6 Creed for them it is (wanted a 6 Gay Tiger but couldn’t find one in stock).

Can’t wait to get it in……Well,…. They can’t wait 😉

Last edited:
I saw some people complaining about the comfort of the cheekrest so I emailed Wiebad asking about making a mini stock pad for the Havak Hit. They asked me to send pictures of it and the dimensions so they could make me one,. So if you like their pads I'd recommend shooting them an email.

Took my 6gt out today

Varget and 108gr Berger BTHP

Attachments

• IMG_4756.jpeg
    IMG_4756.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4757.jpeg
    IMG_4757.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 174A2516-C80E-433E-89CC-3B4EDD6776A3.jpeg
    174A2516-C80E-433E-89CC-3B4EDD6776A3.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4754.jpeg
    IMG_4754.jpeg
    585.5 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: matt33
Finally had a weekend to break in the barrel on my new Havak HIT Pro. After a 20 round break in I placed a 5 shot group at 100 meters. I’m impressed with the trigger and accuracy. The one thing that bugs me even after cycling the bolt well over 200 times as well as two action cleanings and dry lube is how the bolt can bind when running it forward. It’s smoothed out but still binds now and then. Anyone experiencing this have it go away or a solution?

Attachments

• IMG_7287.jpeg
    IMG_7287.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 56
Binding while shooting? Or just general cycling? In the beginning I found I had frequent hang ups, but it was always sitting around playing with the gun. I realized mostly it was me not pushing the bolt forward. Shooting the gun and on the bench, it never did it, because I'm pushing it straight forward, in line with the chamber. (12 o'clock) Where as siting in a chair or whatever I realized I was pushing the handle forward, but not really straight forwards if that makes any sense? (1-2 o'clock or up or down a bit)

Reactions: Erigli
While shooting is my concern. It’s not so much that I can’t strip a round from the magazine and chamber it but when it “binds” there’s noticeable resistance now and then.

Just picked up one for a great deal in 6.5 PRC FDE. Looking for the .223 barrels so I can get one and send off to get profiled for my AEM5. Now that is going to be a sweet change up.

I saw some people complaining about the comfort of the cheekrest so I emailed Wiebad asking about making a mini stock pad for the Havak Hit. They asked me to send pictures of it and the dimensions so they could make me one,. So if you like their pads I'd recommend shooting them an email.
Nice, they are actually in the drop down list now on their site.

Reactions: AverageJohn
Finally had a weekend to break in the barrel on my new Havak HIT Pro. After a 20 round break in I placed a 5 shot group at 100 meters. I’m impressed with the trigger and accuracy. The one thing that bugs me even after cycling the bolt well over 200 times as well as two action cleanings and dry lube is how the bolt can bind when running it forward. It’s smoothed out but still binds now and then. Anyone experiencing this have it go away or a solution?

While shooting is my concern. It’s not so much that I can’t strip a round from the magazine and chamber it but when it “binds” there’s noticeable resistance now and then.

I've had the binding too. Sent it back to seekins and they smoothed it out and upgraded my rifle because they're freaking awesome. Remains super accurate and with a great trigger.

Reactions: JohnGP and Erigli
The only time I ever had a bind was if I slammed the magazine too hard. Just pulled it down where the latch caught it - smooth as glass then. I usually place my thumb on the cock indicator and push. Slides incredibly easy. Waiting for more funds to get more barrels. Already have 308 and 6.5 creed. Great rifle! And customer service!

I've had the binding too. Sent it back to seekins and they smoothed it out and upgraded my rifle because they're freaking awesome. Remains super accurate and with a great trigger.
That’s pretty killer customer service. What was the turn around time?

I pulled the trigger on the HIT and canceled my order before it shipped. Didn’t want to deal with binding, magazine pull down and whatever other little minor issues the gun has. I really liked the rifle though but for the price it needed to be damn near perfect for me not to be disappointed.

Ended up going with a MPA PMR Pro 2 from Xtreme Guns and Ammo. Always great service from that gun store. Shipped same day.

I have 2 HITs, 6GT and 6.5 PRC. My 6GT has about 500 rounds down it now. Shoots awesome. I have no feeding issues with 5 and 10 round AICS mags. I don’t use the Magpul mags in anything but my cross with special followers. No issues here, very happy!

Reactions: NCecconi45
How much height do the pads add?

I have two questions for the group:

1. Has anyone checked repeatability with the barrel change system?

2. What is the overall confidence level in Seekins ability to eventually make barrels and bolt heads readily available?

I have two questions for the group:

1. Has anyone checked repeatability with the barrel change system?

2. What is the overall confidence level in Seekins ability to eventually make barrels and bolt heads readily available?
Tested it once last year when I got it, two different ways, shot 5 rounds, took barrel off, put barrel on shot 5 rounds, and also shot 1 time removed barrel, put barrel back on, and shot 1 round, repeated for a 5 round group.

I saw no change in POI or group size.

But it was only 5 shot groups, and only those two tests.

Reactions: Crews
Weibad mini stock pad is really terrific. Needed to add an adhesive hook and loop to the pad and the stock however to stop it from sliding around, but once that is done it is excellent. Had to adjust the height, but it did not add too much height.

I got my PRC barrel, bolt face, and magazine but have not tested the caliber yet. I am still loving the Creedmoor. Here are some recent results with factory ammo:
1962B2B0-300A-489F-B95F-A4514B828808_1_105_c.jpeg

PRC barrels and bolt heads never show in stock. What was your turn around time after placing your order from Seekins?

Anybody up to anything new ? Love mine in PRC.
I’d love a barrel in 22 Creedmoor maybe ?
Since factory barrels seem to have become scarce again I starting thinking about aftermarket. I only looked briefly and found the one. Common sense stopped me from looking any further.. "Hey dummy, if you've been too busy with other things to shoot the barrel/caliber you have, why would you buy another one?"

Besides, new calibers I've never loaded for is my excuse for buying new rifles. Just buying new barrels would jeopardize that. ;)

I bought 2 HIT's in 6.5 Creedmoor for me and my wife. Both shoot very impressive groups.....the first 7 5 shot groups in my wife's gun were all less than 1/2" with a couple .35" groups. I just have 45 rounds through mine and was cleaning it often and still squeaked out 3 5 shot groups, all under .5". Very impressive for the cost.

Trying out Sierra factory ammo. I would say shoots ok.

Attachments

• IMG_7668.jpeg
    IMG_7668.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7669.jpeg
    IMG_7669.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7287.jpeg
    IMG_7287.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
Would anyone want to trade a 6GT barrel for 6Creed? I’ve got 160 PCs brass to include. 320 rounds fired.

Do the metal mags bind the bolt with upward pressure or is it just the plastic magazines? Do the AW mags bind the bolt as well with upward pressure? I also read conflicting stories about the bolt binding issue during normal use beyond the magazine issue. Some say the bolt throw is rough and binds while others say the opposite. I’m interested in the rifle but if the rifle can’t be cycled while rested on the magazine,

1701536382251.gif

Curious on the weight. Does anybody know the weight of just their barrels?

Considering a carbon barrel for a lighter gun.

Curious on the weight. Does anybody know the weight of just their barrels?

Considering a carbon barrel for a lighter gun.
From taking mine apart and weighing individual components (lbs):
Havak HIT Chassis4.375
Havak HIT Action + trigger2.5625
M24 24" Steel Barrel in 6.5 CM5.36

Reactions: Outlaw45
IMG_7815.png

Don’t shoot many groups with it. But a buddy though I was BS-ing him with the previous group.

The two shots on the bottom are from him his third one is somewhere down there… NSF!!! Haha

Then I shot this group right after him. This has to be one of, if not the most accurate rifle I’ve seen in person.

Wish it was a 3 lug but whatever. It shoots lights out! Awesome job Seekins Precision!

Reactions: sharkfinn79
How have the 6.5 PRCs been overall? Thinking about that and a .223 option for plinking steel on the farm.

@verdugo60 FYI...

I have 6 boxes of factory Hornady ammo thru the .223 barrel now. 40 vmax at 3495fps... Flawless !!

The heavies ran great as well :) the 18" barrel with can performed very well.

75's ran 2908
88's ran 2784

Such a badass platform. Really digging this rifle.

I'm gonna swap barrels again today and build a load for the 135 Atip in the 6.5PRC barrel now
You getting those velocities w/ the Seekins 18" barrel? I'm getting 2850 FPS w/ 75 grain bullets out of a 22" barrel in my AR15. BTW I'm burning 24.0 grains of varget on that load.