• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Scam so beware

Couldn't this shit be eliminated if you @Lowlight make it to where anyone that wanted to even go on the PX forum had at least 100 meaningful post and or a certain minimum time they had to be a member?
Didnā€™t actually read the thread first, did you? šŸ˜

See post #34, addressing this exact brilliant strategy. Neva ben dun befo.

Didnā€™t actually read the thread first, did you? šŸ˜

See post #34, addressing this exact brilliant strategy. Neva ben dun befo.

Yeah I did, but with this new scam LL is saying they are creating new accounts right after they see someone say "I'll take it" so I don't see how the hell they can come up with 100+ meaningful post in a short period of time for this new scam....Oh, speaking of time how about you can't even have access to the PX for at least 30-90 days after an account has been created that alone would stop this new scam where they try to impersonate someone who just bought something from someone. I am not saying scamming can be 100% eliminated but seems like things can be done to lesson it and of course it's up to each individual.

With the new scam itā€™s easier to see, so when you report them and I can use my tools, I can usually kill a block of accounts that are all linked.

One thing to note, not every account is a scammer, getting a lot of confused reports that zapped 3 real accounts this week because you thought they were a scammers. Unless they were hacked, which is very obvious on the backside accounts with 500+ posts arenā€™t scamming people and not hearing a reply back over a day is not a scam

Itā€™s just as bad to make fake reports as it is making no report.

Also another trend, a scammed poster was contacted more than once and let it all go. If you get an unsolicited message - my friend has this contact them here, that is a scammer. Why we say dont advertise it, they will pretend they got you covered.

Any unsolicited message, and account with a period at the end, and Lower case Ls instead of I, stuff like that.

Most scammer accounts are single to double digit posters unless its a hack. Rarely do 3 digit post counts make it though that far.

Someone just scammed another guy here with my username for an item I've had for sale here for a while.

• Angry
Reactions: TankFrank
@Lowlight @MarinePMI @GBMaryland @Rob01

Hi guys - some scumbag created an account @GBMaryIand where the l in "land" is an capital I. Scamming my good friend @GBMaryland account. Assholes that they are.

Ah, I did (after a bit of schooling on how to do it without any posts by the scammer) hit the report button on this account but there are zero posts/content by this shithead yet....but, it sure seems to fall into the same category of minor spelling changes to valid accounts in order to scam....so, perhaps just a matter of time.

Cheers

Last edited:

Hi guys - some scumbag created an account @GBMaryIand where the l in "land" is an capital I. Scamming my good friend @GBMaryland account. Assholes that they are.

I would have hit the report button but there are zero posts/content by this shithead yet....but, it sure seems to fall into the same category of minor spelling changes to valid accounts in order to scam....so, perhaps just a matter of time.

Cheers
You donā€™t need any post just there screen name
IMG_1087.jpeg

Reactions: GBMaryland
You donā€™t need any post just there screen nameView attachment 8309979
Ah dang...and I knew that but was looking for a post of the scammer's in order to bring up their account and hit report and forgot that I can get to it by just putting the handle in a post (as I did) and click on it. I have now officially reported it.

By the by, the account you show above... @GBMaryland...is the real account. Sub a capital I for the l in "land" and that's the scammer.

Thanks

Reactions: Jrb572
Ah dang...and I knew that but was looking for a post of the scammer's in order to bring up their account and hit report and forgot that I can get to it by just putting the handle in a post (as I did) and click on it. I have now officially reported it.

By the by, the account you show above... @GBMaryland...is the real account. Sub a capital I for the l in "land" and that's the scammer.

Thanks
Are you sure it is the wrong account?
shows they just joined in November with no post count

Reactions: lash
Posted the message in another thread about GBMaryiand ā€¦ whoever it is even made a copy of my avatar to make it look convincing.

So I changed that and my signatureā€¦.

Reactions: Baron23 and Jrb572
Are you sure it is the wrong account?
shows they just joined in November with no post count
Ah, FFS....if you enter the account name in a post, the capital I shows as...well, as an I with the little cross bars top and bottom. i.e. @GBMaryIand

However, if you go into the detail of the account, as you did and posted a screen cap above, then its in a font where the capital I is shown as "l" without any cross bars.

Yeah, this can get a bit confusing.

Reactions: Jrb572
Ah, FFS....if you enter the account name in a post, the capital I shows as...well, and I with the little cross bars top and bottom. i.e. @GBMaryIand

However, if you go into the detail of the account, as you did and posted a screen cap above, then its in a font where the capital I is shown as "l" without any cross bars.

It is I guess that is why they scam people without people understanding what happened

itā€™s a shame that you can get a screen name so close to another. I guess it would not be possible to make the system not accept close to screen names.

Reactions: Baron23
Ah, FFS....if you enter the account name in a post, the capital I shows as...well, as an I with the little cross bars top and bottom. i.e. @GBMaryIand

Whatā€™s even more interesting is that the fake account shows up first because itā€™s alphabetically before my account I vs L.

Reactions: Jrb572 and Baron23
Posted the message in another thread about GBMaryiand ā€¦ whoever it is even made a copy of my avatar to make it look convincing.

So I changed that and my signatureā€¦.
So, you went from Air Force Communications Command to Strategic Air Command....not a move in the right direction unless you like Minot, ND! haha

Later. :cool:

So, you went from Air Force Communications Command to Strategic Air Command....not a move in the right direction unless you like Minot, ND! haha

Later. :cool:
Isn't SAC headquarters out of Bellevue Neb......................Offutt AFB..........

Minot Air Force Base was, in my day, one of the largest sac bases on the planet.

The favorite saying during job assignment seminars was ā€œWhy not Minot?ā€ ā€¦and the reason was that no one wanted to freeze their nuts off.

Generally considered one of the crappy assignmentsā€¦

Ah, I did (after a bit of schooling on how to do it without any posts by the scammer) hit the report button on this account but there are zero posts/content by this shithead yet....but, it sure seems to fall into the same category of minor spelling changes to valid accounts in order to scam....so, perhaps just a matter of time.

Cheers
Slippery fucking faggots! That is some pretty tricky shit right there.

Yes, Offutt. But Minot was like being sent to to Russian frontā€¦or so we thought at the time. Lol
Yea, I have a brother that once worked in Rolla North Dakota.............10 miles from Canada.............šŸ’Øā„ļø.............

• Haha