• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Scam Appearing, Buyers Be Very Careful

I will say that the scammers (probably well organized) seem to be raking it in right about now and are probably boasting to all their criminal buddies.

I'm assuming it's an error that you typed my username the same both times? And there is another user impersonating me that has slightly altered my username?
Isn't an error, the first user name added a "." to yours and is pretending to be you trying to intercept your sales in the PX.
If you hover on each one you'll see the different join dates and post counts.

Reactions: lash and CeeTee556
They are still at it, someone I'm corresponding with received a message from the person impersonating me. Mods or @6.5SH can we ban this person with the "CeeTee556." username??

Attachments

• Scammer Message.jpg
    Scammer Message.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 30
They are still at it, someone I'm corresponding with received a message from the person impersonating me. Mods or @6.5SH can we ban this person with the "CeeTee556." username??
Damnit guys! Use the fucking report button!

You see the one in the lower left of the post you have a picture of above? That one.

You see the one in the lower left of the post you have a picture of above? That one.
That pic was sent to me by the person who the scammer was messaging so I can't report them personally. But agreed, please be diligent and report these people!!

Reactions: 6.5SH and lash

When the scammers limit who can see their profile, it isn't as easy to report the account itself. What I did yesterday was tag the scammer in a post and then hit the report button on my own post for mod attention to what was in it.

@CeeTee556. is a fucking scammer and needs a ban hammer.

The report button will always get the fastest response as it goes out to any and all mods who may happen to be online. If you cannot report the account itself due to it being limited view, tag the fucker with the @ symbol and report your own post with a note it's calling out another poser scammer. Mine from a few posts above was smoke checked already, I posted and reported it just 1.5 hours ago.

Keep up the good work and spread the word. They're trying to delegitimize the PX, either intentionally as a deliberate attack on completely legal trade of goods they don't agree with, or as a consequence of their fucking thievery, but it's happening all the same irrelevant as to what their motives may be.

The report button will always get the fastest response as it goes out to any and all mods who may happen to be online. If you cannot report the account itself due to it being limited view, tag the fucker with the @ symbol and report your own post with a note it's calling out another poser scammer. Mine from a few posts above was smoke checked already, I posted and reported it just 1.5 hours ago.

Keep up the good work and spread the word. They're trying to delegitimize the PX, either intentionally as a deliberate attack on completely legal trade of goods they don't agree with, or as a consequence of their fucking thievery, but it's happening all the same irrelevant as to what their motives may be.
Didn't think to report my own posts, thanks for the tip.

Reactions: lash and Redmanss
No these are spoofed,

They just see your account and copy it ...

Just report them, don't get creative, don't write me a book, just report them and I will go through and remove them, and any connected accounts, it's really easier if you just click the one Report button and walk away

The more people try to get ahead of it, the more they fuck it up, today I had to fix 2 accounts that were called spammers but weren't because guys think they are helping. If you see it, just report it

All they are doing is copying the user name, changing one letter, number, period, it's just made to look like a legit user.

THE CLUE EVERYONE - No Post count

@Coejro thanks for the help but if you just report the account and not your post with the account in it it's a lot easier for us to clear them. Thanks again.

There’s no way to track the IPs completely with the use of VPNs and bouncing them around the globe. These are criminal groups that know very well what they are doing.
The use of a VPN or Proxy by no means will indicate nefarious activity. Knowing what goes on these days with data harvesters and even our own government, it begs the question of “Why Not?”

No these are spoofed,

They just see your account and copy it ...

Just report them, don't get creative, don't write me a book, just report them and I will go through and remove them, and any connected accounts, it's really easier if you just click the one Report button and walk away

The more people try to get ahead of it, the more they fuck it up, today I had to fix 2 accounts that were called spammers but weren't because guys think they are helping. If you see it, just report it

All they are doing is copying the user name, changing one letter, number, period, it's just made to look like a legit user.

THE CLUE EVERYONE - No Post count
You have to start somewhere mate. I’m a long-time lurker of the reloading section. Yeah, it’s getting redundant have to open an account here or there just to get some information. But by no means is a newbie a blanket scammer. You threw yourself in that lot then…..

Do all of yourselves a favor and ditch “Aol” era passwords. I mean it. I won’t detail how easy it is with a modern device to force entry into an account.

Such is life.

This si
You have to start somewhere mate. I’m a long-time lurker of the reloading section. Yeah, it’s getting redundant have to open an account here or there just to get some information. But by no means is a newbie a blanket scammer. You threw yourself in that lot then…..

Do all of yourselves a favor and ditch “Aol” era passwords. I mean it. I won’t detail how easy it is with a modern device to force entry into an account.

Such is life.
Frank is not saying all newbies with no post count are scammers. He is saying that the fake account spoofing the supporter that you are dealing with will have no post count. Also, this site offers the option of two-step verification using a authentication app, not just "AOL era passwords". Everyone should take advantage of that.

Reactions: lash
The use of a VPN or Proxy by no means will indicate nefarious activity. Knowing what goes on these days with data harvesters and even our own government, it begs the question of “Why Not?”
I never said that VPNs were bad. Don’t put words in my mouth.

Such is life.

'You need to be banned for not understanding what is going on, you should mind your own business

• Haha
Reactions: x2cross and Rob01