• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD New scammers - beware Fanadex60 & Micheal Spector

Wheezy

CNC Coolant Guru
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Reported both -

New members - both sent same message to WTB ad, both using "fake" phone numbers (google voice), both no reply when I said hey, send a pic of the item with this thread on your computer monitor in the background. Both have visited the site and seen that message with no reply.

To take it a step further, I have also contacted them with "fake" phone numbers inquiring about random items for sale. Shockingly, the random items are available! Just needed to send contact info and payment. Kept this one poor SOB on the hook all day. Final text was hysterical, at least to me.

Anyhow, bottom line, both these guys need the ban hammer.

@Fanadex60 @Micheal Spector

Hey that sounds familiar. Notice the beautifully photoshopped driver's license. Let's see Paul Allen's card.

Attachments

• IMG-02-22-2022-11 (1).jpg
      IMG-02-22-2022-11 (1).jpg
      250.2 KB · Views: 181
    • Wow
    Reactions: Wheezy
    I guess I'll keep asking...have they been banned yet?...Or were they not hacked accounts?

They haven’t been banned as of now.

You can search and see yourself by putting in their used ID in the search field above. Make sure and click on the search field and it will drop down and use the field that already has “member” in the field and input the User ID and you can check if they are still active, feedback history, posts etc.

Admittedly, these guys getting way more advanced in their blending in. Some well written responses to threads. I was trying to search and see if it was duplicated content from somewhere else or what.

Whoever is on the other side of the text exchanges is nowhere near as literate as whoever wrote some of their posts.

I feel like this is a major problem, for the site and for our community. Wtf can we do about this to stop or at least discourage these turd biscuits?

Take a look at @fandex60 posts.....looks more like a hacked account than a pure scammer act to me

Looked... It couuuld be, but dude joined this month. I think they're just getting more savvy and searching other forums, threads, etc. Like I said in post above, they are definitely getting more sophisticated. Like dude, the photoshop id? Craazy, which all of a sudden becomes a felony too.

Reactions: Baron23
    They haven’t been banned as of now.

You can search and see yourself by putting in their used ID in the search field above. Make sure and click on the search field and it will drop down and use the field that already has “member” in the field and input the User ID and you can check if they are still active, feedback history, posts etc.
    Right, I'm aware of how to search and that they haven't been banned. That's the point I'm trying to make since they were reported as hacked accounts yesterday per the OP, but are still active.

Last edited:
    Admittedly, these guys getting way more advanced in their blending in. Some well written responses to threads. I was trying to search and see if it was duplicated content from somewhere else or what.

Whoever is on the other side of the text exchanges is nowhere near as literate as whoever wrote some of their posts.

I feel like this is a major problem, for the site and for our community. Wtf can we do about this to stop or at least discourage these turd biscuits?

As much as some folks keep poo pooing my idea and making up excuses why not, I'll say it again for those interested in pulling their heads out of the sand and joining the modern world.

Insist on a video chat with the person, regardless of if you are a buyer or seller.
    It's very hard right now to fake a video chat.
    Have a video chat with the person, and have them show you the item and look it over & talk with them and ask questions and get a good feel.

While NOT 100% in every case, you are pretty sure of knowing that the person you are talking to actually has the item and getting a pretty good idea of their actual nationality and location.

If you get the excuse about doesn't have a smart phone and doesn't have a computer and doesn't have any bandwidth and doesn't know how to use modern stuff, you might ask well then how the F are you posting on here then? And just walk away no matter how good the deal unless you really know the person already.

There are several popular free to use cross platform video chat services that anyone even your 70 year old relatives can use easily.
    If someone is afraid to show their face or refuses to, then you have to ask why deal with them.

Cue all the chorus of folks being FUDDs and whining about how that's such a hard or horrible thing to do and all that B.S.

Reactions: CaRbZ13 and Wheezy