• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt and Bender DT II+/MT II with .05 MIL Turrets

So the the 120 on the turret is 12 mils

That is correct. Just put a decimal point one place from the right and you have the MRAD value. For instance if you required 17.5 MILs to reach a mile, you'd end up on "175".

Reactions: JakeM
No 1.8" Era-Tac adjustable mounts in stock anywhere, so I am using a Spuhr 1.8" 45 MOA. Still ended up with ~33 MILs out of 39 MILs usable after laser bore-sighting. Checked the reticle trueness to the housing - perfect. I will tracking test it in the near future.

BE8276C5-3878-4D39-A4CB-F3199D6FBDF9.jpeg

D69BCCC1-DECC-443E-9AE6-B719208C4085.jpeg

0E64F21B-98A9-4B2F-A2E4-1460C94F137D.jpeg

Reactions: AIAW
@AIAW can you confirm? I got a chance to play with a prototype MT-II a couple years ago, and with it, the lever could be slightly moved to allow fine tuning of the MTC. Is that still the case?

@AIAW can you confirm? I got a chance to play with a prototype MT-II a couple years ago, and with it, the lever could be slightly moved to allow fine tuning of the MTC. Is that still the case?

It’s a selector now, with it either enabled, disabled or locked. No gradual control of engagement.

Reactions: Alpine 338
Oh it's way more clicky than that... It's .05 MIL "per click"!

...40.00, 40.05, 40.10, 40.15, 40.20, 40.25, 40.30, 40.35, 40.40, 40.45..........
Except it goes to 39, so it's more like 4.05, 4.10, 4.15, 4.2, 4.25...etc

Except it goes to 39, so it's more like 4.05, 4.10, 4.15, 4.2, 4.25...etc

No. It's 39 MILs total travel... It's denoted in CM though. Technically if going by the engraving on the turret, it goes to "395"... 5 stories up.

No. It's 39 MILs total travel... It's denoted in CM though. Technically if going by the engraving on the turret, it goes to "395"... 5 stories up.
Yes, but you're not going to be reading 40+ mils on a scope that only reads to 39...

I read both, before I replied.
The other guy was going in .05 then .95 increments. Mind blown on that one.

I read both, before I replied.
The other guy was going in .05 then .95 increments. Mind blown on that one.

Yeah I see what you are saying if speaking in pure MILs (regardless of what it's engraved as). I was busy earlier when I replied and was thinking conversion, conversion!

Reactions: Tokay444
I know I said I would, and I did... track testing was 100 percent this past weekend. Dead nuts.

Didn't expect it to really fail, but I always test all of my optics when I receive them, new or not.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
nut job in the making. maybe she can meet that idiot gun control teenager twit
That’s the Left’s new tactic, use children for political gain.
Back to the DTII, does anyone know if the DTII turrets are the same size on the ultra shorts?

Back to the DTII, does anyone know if the DTII turrets are the same size on the ultra shorts?

That is the beginning of the leftist tactic. In the end they send them into battle as human waves. China, Russia etc. It is only the party that matters comrades.

Been waiting to see these in the wilds. Nice. The MTC select/de-select lever is the best part.

The click spacing of the previous DT turrets was the only issue I had with S&B. The newer turrets are DAMN nice and with MTC is even better.

Not sure what is confusing here about .05...its literally just twice as many clicks as before for the same elevation. Twice as precise of an adjustment. Will be nice for zeroing so you dont have to use zero offset in the ballistic calculator, and will be nice for shooting really small targets. I dont get the angst, use it just the same.

Awesome scope!

Last edited:
Reactions: ironsight1000yard
Same here.
Not excited about the 0.5 but like the total elevation travel and the MTC enable/disable

It's the same but they have like 4 or 5 more mils of travel iirm.

Reactions: Glassaholic
All that work on turret design, yet no remedy for the atrocious illumination knob. Missed the mark S&B.

My only complaint as well. It is slightly more low profile w/o the illumination on the parallax but strange to have it back on the housing. I dislike it on the Leupold as well compared to the other designs.

Reactions: NorthWesterner
Makes it near impossible for a left hand action. I own one with the illum removed. I just would like to not remove features from a 3k scope.

That's your fault for shooting like a muppet on the wrong side of the rifle....?

I’ve put SB PMII on a lefty long action as well as short action, both in MPA chassis and they work fine. I’m 6’6” tall so I might have it a notch or two more forward on the pic rail. No tumor clearance issues for me, but we all have different ergos to setup our boom sticks around

Scott