• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt Bender scope

hotspot

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
hi was wondering when the new schidt bender will be out
5-25x50 and how much more them the old one and if they just come in Tan colour or if u can get it in black

Re: New Schmidt Bender scope

There is a new 3-20x50 and a new 5-25x56 coming out. The 3-20x50 should be out late June and the 5-25x56 not long after. Not sure about colors though.

NEW 5-25?

Are changes being made to the current model or is it an entirely new design?

It's the model with the locking turrets and MTCs. Also comes in tan. Same great performance with some changes for the military.

Gotcha! Thanks, Rob.

Thought I was going to have <span style="font-weight: bold">two</span> new scopes to acquire there for a second. Really looking forward to the 3-20.

You do because you really need the new 5-25 also
wink.gif

the colored schmidt and bender scopes might be out 3rd quarter this year, so far i know of a green coating, tan coating and grey. the 3 -20x50 might be out 4th quarter this year

I was given the time frames I posted above by our contact at S&B. Either way good new toys from S&B this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do because you really need the new 5-25 also
wink.gif
</div></div>

You know me too well.
grin.gif

Here they are
mg7840.jpg

mg7843.jpg

mg7844.jpg

And the new 1-8x Short Dot

mg7845.jpg

Nuttin' special about the tan and green colors, they are just sprayed on Cerakote.

Not so much the color but the knobs which are the big change compared to the old 5-25s.

I played with them at SHOT. They will be a PITA for normal reticles like the P4F, mil dot and so on. They work well with zero-lock-and-forget setups, like the Horus. A regular MTC turret would work much better if you don't like the Horus reticles.

Oh I'm going to be all over that 3-20! I'm guessing prices will be the same or very high because they are new...

Where can I get some more info on that 3-20? It's not on there website

That 3-20 and 1-8 look very nice. May have to consider upgrading my 4-16 PMII. One thing I like about my PMII is the single-turn elevation knob. Has S&B standardized on the double-turn knob?

Northland,

Check out this prior discussion.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post1731649

Also, here is the link that I had posted to S&B German site with the information on the scope:

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm-ii/3-20x50-pm-ii-lp-mtc-lt-4.html

Click on the "2" at the bottom of the text to go to the specification page and click on the "3" to go to the reticle page (showing the newly added reticle options as well) or simply click "Nächste" to go the the "Next One."

I'm highly interested in this scope as well, particularly with MTC and H58 Klein Reticle.

Mark

It looks like it will be the same size as the 3-12x50, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like it will be the same size as the 3-12x50, right? </div></div>
According to the specs given on the german site it looks like the 3-20x is longer in length.

I believe the S&B site is in error, as the photographs showing the 3-12x50 with MTC and the 3-20x50 with MTC both appear to be the 3-12x50. If you click between the two pages, only the text below the picture changes.

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm-ii/3-20x50-pm-ii-lp-mtc-lt-3.html

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/pm-ii/3-12x50-pm-ii-lp-mtc.html

If you look at the scope pictured in the other thread,
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...067#Post1705067

you will see the front objective bell is longer (more similar to the 4-16 or 5-25 scopes). The schematic image on the second page for the 3-20x50 scope matches the scope pictured in the other thread (the one with locking turrets). Plus, from the dimensions given, it is longer.

So, yes it does appear bigger and heavier than the 3-12x50, but slightly smaller and lighter than the the 4-16x42 and 4-16x50. Kinda makes you wonder why they would keep the 4-16's? Assuming that the 3-20x50 optically has no problems, since it covers a larger range, is smaller in size and is lighter? Also, might it even replace the 3-12x50??

Mark

The new short dot and 3-20x look like some really good new offerings!!! Wish I could afford Schmidt stuff...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hospot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hi was wondering when the new schidt bender will be out
5-25x50 and how much more them the old one and if they just come in Tan colour or if u can get it in black </div></div>

Here is a thread with more info on the new S & B 3-20:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1857733#Post1857733

The new S & B's are supposed to be out around the July/August time frame.

The new Locking 5-25x56 will be $3479. You will also be able to get it in black.

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t64KtIiKwqg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t64KtIiKwqg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

They don't have a set release date set but the July/August time frame is what is planned.

ANyone know if the new 5-25 will be available in OD, or just FDE?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I played with them at SHOT. They will be a PITA for normal reticles like the P4F, mil dot and so on. They work well with zero-lock-and-forget setups, like the Horus. A regular MTC turret would work much better if you don't like the Horus reticles. </div></div>

Ron,

I agree...I wan't too hot on the locking turrets at SHOT either. Kind of a sharp edge and the locking/unlocking lift seemed kind of jammed by the cerakote maybe. Seems like maybe answer looking for a question...

The Zeiss Victory locking turrets function MUCH better than the S&B locking turrets...

3-20 should be real interesting though...

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911.it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That 3-20 and 1-8 look very nice. May have to consider upgrading my 4-16 PMII. One thing I like about my PMII is the single-turn elevation knob. Has S&B standardized on the double-turn knob? </div></div>
The reason that your PMII 4-16X CM/.01 MIL has a ST knob is that <span style="font-style: italic">the PMII 4-16X's erector doesn't have enough travel to use a DT <span style="font-weight: bold">MIL</span> turret.</span> Thats' why the PMII 4-16X CM/.01 MIL only comes in a ST.

The 1/4 MOA version of the PMII 4-16X needs a DT turret to accomodate the full range of travel, so it only comes in a DT.

Keith

This is a little off topic, but what is the preferred setup on a S&B for tactical competitions, CCW or CW rotations? Or is it just personal preference.

Here is a Video on the S&B 1-8x. We were also told July / August.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_d4X5sfDuE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_d4X5sfDuE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mike @ CST

Is that short dot going to be a 34mm tube or are they staying with the 30mm?

That looks like a hell of a scope! When I was buying optics for my AR I couldn't justify the premium for the 1-4 Short Dot over an ACOG and T-1 combo but I might have to pick one of those 1-8s up. A couple quick questions - I assume that in addition to the locking nature of the elevation and windage knobs you can reset the zero on them (i.e., sight in and adjust the knobs to show zero at your zero)? Also, what does the "CC" (at least that's what it looks like) indicate at 1x on the magnification ring? It looks like from the video the ring goes to 1.0 and then clicks past to CC?

Thanks!

i haven't seen any mention of it but, are there any changes planned for the 4-16x42 PMII?

(not trying to take this off-topic)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The new guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a little off topic, but what is the preferred setup on a S&B for tactical competitions, CCW or CW rotations? Or is it just personal preference. </div></div>
Its' really personal preference more than anything. If I told you that <span style="font-style: italic">"tactical competitors prefer CCW"</span> - but <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">you</span></span> are used to and prefer CW, would you switch to CCW just so you have what is the "preferred setup"?

The bottom line is use whatever works best for <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">YOU</span></span></span>.

Keith

I have used both CCW and CW on my S&B scopes and it doesn't matter. They have zero stops about .4-.6 tenths of a mil below zero so you can mess up too bad. I just turn it the direction that the numbers get bigger
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that short dot going to be a 34mm tube or are they staying with the 30mm?

</div></div>

Going to be 30mm Tube...

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

I handled the 3-20X50 PMII a week ago. The lockable turrets are a solution in search of a problem. One hit to the side of the turret and it is locked for good. Not very tactical in my opionion. The extra audible klick for 0-position on windage turret is a good addition.

I use cw turrets on my PMII so the MTC ccw turret is out of the question for me.

A cw MTC would be ok but I do not see any reason to get the lockable turrets. Maybe for Horus reticles and maybe for rifles that are dragged in a dragbag tied to a HUMWEE traveling 40 mph. Other than those uses it increases costs, causes more hassles in use and makes the knobs even more fragile. Actually the elevation know was hard to use in the comfort of the trade show in bright light. In mud, darkness etc. it does not enhance the product but degrades it IMHO.

Reticle must be the regular P4 as the P4F is too thin at 3X.

I do my best from drooling over glass but...

<span style="font-size: 23pt">1-8 & 3-20 ?!?!</span>

Must be that German magic, for sure.

Nov/Dec. They are working as fast as they can to get them out. Prototypes should be in the states now with productions to follow.

Spoke to EuroOptic earlier this week. Close but still no definitive date according to Alex.

Just contacted S&B Germany for a release date on the 5-25 LT/MTC scopes, moved from early December to Feb 2011, but who's stupid enough to believe that? No word on the 3-20's but I wouldn't hold my breath.