• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW Seekins Precision iRMT Uppers & ACRT Rails

Re: NEW Seekins Precision MR-Monolithic Upper

Some more ideas...

<span style="font-weight: bold">MEDUSA</span>

Meaning & History

In Greek myth this was the name of one of the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">three</span></span> Gorgons, ugly women who had snakes for hair. She was so hideous that anyone who gazed upon her was turned to stone, so the hero Perseus had to look using the reflection in his shield in order to slay her.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #990000">*</span></span>There were three of them (triangle rail)- hair of snakes (so many ways to configure the rail)
------------

<span style="font-weight: bold">PERSEUS</span>

Meaning & History

Possibly derived from Greek (pertho) meaning "to destroy". Perseus was a hero in Greek legend. He killed Medusa, who was so ugly that anyone who gazed upon her was turned to stone, by looking at her in the reflection of his shield and slaying her in her sleep.

--------
<span style="font-weight: bold">NEMESIS</span>

Meaning & History

Means "retribution, righteous anger" in Greek. Nemesis was the Greek goddess of vengeance and justice.

-----------

Or some names of ancient weapons

<span style="font-weight: bold">TRIDENT</span> - for the triangular seekins rail

<span style="font-weight: bold">MACE</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">AXE</span>

didnt read all the responses so i hope these arent duplicates

Seekins Precision Round rail --SPR

Seekins Precsion Triangular rail --SPT

Seekins Triple Threat Rail for traingular one

Seekins tactical rail

seekins competition rail

seekins 3-G rail

seekins competition upper

seekins precision upper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is awesome, thanks so much. Way more response then I expected! We will announce the winner (s) in a few days. </div></div>

Oh the suspense....

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">S</span></span>eekins <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">P</span></span>recision <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">I</span></span>nterchangeable <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">R</span></span>ail

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">SPIR</span></span> - Pronounced SPEER

and for the triangle version

TRIDENT SPIR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 12” rail with a 8” barrel and suppressor looks unbelievable. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">(pics coming soon)</span> </span>

</div></div>Got pics?

<span style="font-weight: bold">MCAR</span>
Monolithic Combat Adaptive Rail
<span style="font-weight: bold">MTAR</span>
Monolithic ThreeGun Adaptive Rail, or switch threegun for tactical
Or with an S for seekins at the begining.
<span style="font-weight: bold">S-MCAR</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">S-MTAR</span>
Or
<span style="font-weight: bold">M-CAR</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">M-TAR</span>

How about Seekins S.E.R.P, "Structurally Engineered Rigid Platform" or "Structurally Engineered Rail Platform". M.S.E.R.P if you want to add modular " Modular Structural Engineered Rigid Platform has a similar ring like the MRAP vehicle
But I think modular goes without saying. My 2 cents

I want the triangular rail.

The tri-rail? or the Seekins LTR (Light tri-rail)

Or the Triforce... might have some copyright issues with that one though. :p

Redirt78 - You gave me some great ideas and even though im not going to use any exactly, i did come up with something i like spun from some of your input. Please email [email protected] and let them know what upper and rail kit you would like sir!
smile.gif

Triangle rail = SP^3R for SP 3gun rail
Round Rail = SP-MCSR – "Modular Combat Suppressor Rail"

A couple people expressed questions/concerns about how this upper was monolithic and had questions about how it would be because of other monolithic upper/rails on the market. To eliminate future confusion the new name will be the Seekins Precision iRMT Uppers & ACRT Rail systems. Please see edited first post.

The rails and uppers will be sold two different ways. Together as a set or separately with all hardware to mount the rail on a standard upper. If purchased as a "kit" only the needed hardware will be included and you will save aprox 20-30$. You will also be able to purchase additional mounting hardware at any time.

Retail cost on the ACRT 12" rails systems are 239-259 (depending on the length that you want) and include all mounting hardware and accessory rails. The iRMT uppers will be $299 if purchased separately. A upper kit would be 509-529

Just made my day Glen. I saw the thread had a new title and post and clicked on it... Then saw my screen name, holy sh*t! I sure appreciate it. Email on its way, can't wait man, thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Redirt78 - You gave me some great ideas and even though im not going to use any exactly, i did come up with something i like spun from some of your input. Please email [email protected] and let them know what upper and rail kit you would like sir!
smile.gif

A couple people expressed questions/concerns about how this upper was monolithic and had questions about how it would be because of other monolithic upper/rails on the market. To eliminate future confusion the new name will be the Seekins Precision iRMT Uppers & ACRT Rail systems. Please see edited first post.

The rails and uppers will be sold two different ways. Together as a set or separately with all hardware to mount the rail on a standard upper. If purchased as a "kit" only the needed hardware will be included and you will save aprox 20-30$. You will also be able to purchase additional mounting hardware at any time.

Retail cost on the ACRT 12" rails systems are 239-259 (depending on the length that you want) and include all mounting hardware and accessory rails. The iRMT uppers will be $299 if purchased separately. A upper kit would be 509-529 </div></div>

Are the rails interchangable after the mount? Can you take the triangle off and mount the round without screwing with the barrel nut?

I believe the triangle and the round mounting point is machined onto the upper. You can change rail lengths but not shapes as far as know. I think if you get the kit to make your own upper work with these rails then you can swap from triangle to round with the right adapter.

All of that ^ could be wrong but thats how I read it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins Precision’s iRMT (Integrated rail mounting technology) Uppers and ACRT (Adaptive Combat\Competition Rail Technology) Rails

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">Our new uppers are built from 7075 billet and the rail mounting points are machined in place</span></span> retaining the stiffness of a true monolithic upper while allowing the rails to be completely modular.

Both are completely modular as far as accessory rails. You can have as many as you like, wherever you like, without compromising comfort or weight. Each design will come with one full length top rail, three short rail sections, and all mounting hardware. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">These rails attach to the tubes with a proprietary fastener system that makes it quick and easy to add or remove rails in the field.</span></span> The angled slots will also accept a rail section and allow you to place them anywhere you like. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">These rails will also be available with barrel nuts for attachment to standard uppers.</span></span> Both designs are the lightest on the market weighing less than 10 ounces for the 14” version without accessory rail attachments!

</div></div>

So if you buy the kit to put it on your existing, normal upper you could have both kits and switch from round to triangle.

If you buy the new Seekins iMRT upper you can switch rail lengths but not shapes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Redirt78 - You gave me some great ideas and even though im not going to use any exactly, i did come up with something i like spun from some of your input. Please email [email protected] and let them know what upper and rail kit you would like sir!
smile.gif

Retail cost on the ACRT 12" rails systems are 239-259 (depending on the length that you want) and include all mounting hardware and accessory rails. The iRMT uppers will be $299 if purchased separately. A upper kit would be 509-529 </div></div>

Congratulations Redirt78! I was really hoping I might win because I've been dying to build a 300 blackout upper with a 8-9" barrel and don't have all the money to make it happen. One of these would be perfect since my 30cal suppressor should fit inside the inlet of the rail and would have made a wonderful early Christmas present. Congrats again to Redirt78 and be sure to come back with some pictures to share once you receive the receiver/rail.

Thanks man, I was kind of in the same boat and was trying to figure out how I was going to be able to get one. I actually started selling off things I really didn't need. I don't think I've ever won anything. Pretty cool. Will post pictures for sure. I hope you find a way to get one. Sounds like you'd have a nice setup with the suppressor, thats another thing on my bucket list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks man, I was kind of in the same boat and was trying to figure out how I was going to be able to get one. I actually started selling off things I really didn't need. I don't think I've ever won anything. Pretty cool. Will post pictures for sure. I hope you find a way to get one. Sounds like you'd have a nice setup with the suppressor, thats another thing on my bucket list. </div></div>

I'll build one some day but it won't be anytime soon as I'm unemployed and looking... and looking... and looking. I already sold off the stuff I didn't really need to pay some bills so unfortunately I don't have the ability to go that route. I was excited at the prospect of potentially being able to build one sooner than later but it just wasn't in the cards. Looking forward to the pics man!

Thats crazy, I also recently lost my job of 10 years to this economy and financial problems for my former boss, sucks. Hope you find work soon. I'm looking too, good luck man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats crazy, I also recently lost my job of 10 years to this economy and financial problems for my former boss, sucks. Hope you find work soon. I'm looking too, good luck man. </div></div>

Thanks and I'd say same to you but it looks as though your luck is already looking up.
wink.gif

No doubt man, I told a few people this was the first good thing thats happened for me in a minute. Nice to get a break here and there from the ass whipping life can hand out from time to time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No doubt man, I told a few people this was the first good thing thats happened for me in a minute. Nice to get a break here and there from the ass whipping life can hand out from time to time. </div></div>

If you get bored with it I'll cover shipping to get it to me.
wink.gif

Good to know, it doesn't look like it will get boring though so it could be a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know, it doesn't look like it will boring though so it could be a while. </div></div>

I'll wait...
grin.gif

Here is some more eye candy for you
smile.gif

Our Blackout rifle, this one has a 10" barrel. The production guns with come with a 8" barrel.

6519463569_f0a258de86.jpg

My personal 3 gun rifle with our new comp on it.

6519463793_33905bea7a.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The production guns with come with a 8" barrel.</div></div>

Pics please.

I know this sounds weird but could you post a picture of you holding the rail with a hand?

i want to see how it looks being held, the triangle one it would really help me picture it being used. close up shots.

Just caught wind of there being some new pictures and I can't see them. Anyone else having this problem?

I can't see either one of these pictures...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is some more eye candy for you
smile.gif

Our Blackout rifle, this one has a 10" barrel. The production guns with come with a 8" barrel.

SPblackout3.jpg

sp3g1.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just caught wind of there being some new pictures and I can't see them. Anyone else having this problem?

I can't see either one of these pictures...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is some more eye candy for you
smile.gif

SPblackout3.jpg

sp3g1.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

Yes, I'm getting a "404" error.

Just found this one.

3gun-TAR-loading01-B3-1024.jpg

Not sure if someone from another site photoshopped it or where it came from.

I see them now, look really good too. Makes me want a can even more looking at that Blackout.

For my gun pics, and highlighting my modifications I use gunzoo.com. They are way more reliable than all the "photo hosting" sites. Here is a link to one of my modded rifles (you can hide all the tags by clicking "hide tags" to the right of the pic) : http://gunzoo.com/vault/Mac/311

It would be super-helpful if you could add these rifles to gunzoo.com, tag them, then add the links here. A tagged picture is worth a billon words
smile.gif

6519462655_3f763c0f99.jpg

6519462371_c8e41272ab.jpg

6519461741_2a48e1b598_z.jpg

6519461663_49683c3903_z.jpg

6519462007_5a200cdf66_z.jpg

6519461933_b22140e8f3_z.jpg

2011-11-12_21_39_28.jpg

shooting20-2.jpg

shooting21-1.jpg
shooting22-1.jpg

Shameless plug for anyone who hasn't seen the new uppers and rails ^

Last I heard was mid January. They are taking some to the SHOT show then will start shipping them out to the first group that have already ordered.

[email protected] is usually the best way to find out that kind of info. I know they have been real busy designing and making parts to get ready for SHOT.

i dont see it listed but i'm guessing the barrel is stainless steel while the handrails and uppers are aluminum.

Is that correct?

Thats right. heatseekins on here (Glen) is the owner/creator of Seekins Precision. He is on here a lot, good guy and backs his stuff well. Pm him or email [email protected] if you have any questions. I think they have been planning on updating their site with all the new stuff but have been too busy designing new gear. They make some of the parts (uppers/lowers) for Spike's Tactical also.

shooting20-2.jpg

shooting21-1.jpg
shooting22-1.jpg

Another free bump. Looking forward to it

More new stuff in the works from the SP forum (posted a few weeks ago)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "glenseekins" post=58</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't even know where to start, but figured i best get a list going !

In no particular order...

Complete guns
Factory SBR in 556 and Blackout
Factory SP3G 3Gun race guns
Factory 16" rifles in 556 and Blackout
New muzzle brakes that work almost too good
AR rail riser(s)
One piece scope rings
hand stops
QD rail mounts
bipod adapters
New iRMT uppers
ACRT Rail systems
Scalloped multi purpose quad rails
New 223 lower

And lastly 308 stuff, including complete rifles
smile.gif

Some will be available before the end of the year and the rest we will be working on throughout</div></div>

Aw crap! Is there anything you make that I don't want?

There is a lot on that list that I'd like to see, on my doorstep when I got home from work.

Basically just this stuff...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">Factory SBR in 556 and Blackout
Factory SP3G 3Gun race guns
Factory 16" rifles in 556 and Blackout
New muzzle brakes that work almost too good
AR rail riser(s)
One piece scope rings
hand stops
QD rail mounts
bipod adapters
New iRMT uppers
ACRT Rail systems
Scalloped multi purpose quad rails
New 223 lower

And lastly 308 stuff, including complete rifles</span></div></div>

Glen, if youre out there, I am really wanting to see pics of both rails with the top rail section installed! anyone...

We are building guns for shot show next week and I will post some real pictures when hey are done. With all the accessories on them they look awsome. I Will also have new stuff to show ya