• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Self Build (Semi) Finally Done

FNJammer

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
Southwest
Well it is finally done. I posted a picture of this stock a while back in a thread about Richards Microfit stocks. It began as one of their Marksman models with an unprofiled butt section. I wanted an M40A1 prifile but they didnt have anything like that. So, I got a pre-inletted stock that was oversized in every dimensio and removed what didnt look like an A1. Also added an ebony forent tip with a 45 degree angle.

The action is an FN PBR-XP squared up with a fluted Bartlein barrel in 260 (work done by GAP.)A Score Hi Gunsmiting pillar bedding kit was used with a PTG floorplate assembly. Just got the graphite black Cerakote applied and cured yesterday. Cant wait to get it to the range. With the old B&C stock, it shot 1/2 MOA during load development.

[img:left]http://
P1060377.jpg
[/img]

[img:left]
P1060381.jpg
[/img]

[img:left]
P1060378.jpg
[/img]

Re: New Self Build (Semi) Finally Done

That is one sharp looking rifle. I like your interpretation of an M40. Have a blast with that one :)

Very nice rifle. I like how the stock turned out. What do you think of the Richard's stocks?

In general, I'm not a huge fan of non-tactical type wood stocks, but that is gorgeous! Came out great! Well done!

There were a few of the lamination layers that were a little off color but other than that, great. The inletting was very close, requiring only very minor fitting for a perfect fit. I have heard a lot of people complain that their ready to finish stocks are pretty rough. They are but obviously wasnt an issue since I had to remove a lot of material with rasps and files to get to the final shape.

Fantastic looking rifle. I am a huge fan of the FN/m70 action.

Holy shit, she's beautiful! I love the M70, didn't use to, but now I own 2. Neither hold a candle to yours, keep her forever my friend.

Very nice looking rifle! Did shoot 1/2 MOA with no scope?? Imagine what it will do with a scope.

That's a beauty. A nice mix of "old and new" looks that actually work well together. Nice!

Thanks guys. This one is really growing on me. This rifle was built for deer and coyote hunting in the plains of western Oklahoma. I dont see myself ever letting go of it!

Man that looks awesome. I have been eyeballing some stocks on that site, I think you may have inspired me to put one on my Savage.

Nice look setup. I love me some nice wood ;-)

Nice set up. It is nice to see someone going back to the classic look. She looks awesome.

that is very nice, very well done, almost exactly what i'm looking to do to my savage model 11 243

I pulled this up to drool over the stock again, J. Tull, do you have a range report with the new stock?

I was able to get it out and fire a couple of groups this last weekend. Limited time and ammunition kept me from really getting down to it. I had thoroughly cleaned the barrel before spraying and coating the Cerakote. This barrel likes about 20-30 rounds through it before it starts shooting like it really can. Did get a couple of groups in the .6-.7 range. I have a new turret press to get set up and start loading on and as soon as weather permits, will get it out to a friends land to stretch it legs a bit. I can go out to 600 yard there and am really looking forward to it. I will try to remember to get some pictures and update the post when I do.

real nice I like your style.