• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Sig BDX Scope, Range Finder, and Binos.

DocUSMCRetired

Applied Ballistics
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Texas
www.appliedballisticsllc.com
NEWINGTON, N.H., (May 4, 2018) – The SIG SAUER Electro-Optics division today unveiled their all new Ballistic Data Xchange (BDX) rangefinders and riflescopes with integrated Applied Ballistics® and wireless Bluetooth® technology. This groundbreaking BDX technology enables interoperability and key ballistic holdover information to be exchanged wirelessly between SIG SAUER BDX Electro-Optics products. The foundation of the BDX system was designed for simplicity and ease of use. SIG SAUER BDX requires no new learning, and uses the same tools hunters and shooters have been using for years.

PRESS-RELEASE-BDX-700x525.jpg

How does BDX work? The BDX rangefinder and riflescope system is simple, fast, and intuitive. Simply download the “SIG BDX” app available for Android or iOS smartphones, pair the KILO BDX rangefinder and SIERRA3BDX riflescope, set up a basic ballistic profile, and then you’re ready to shoot or hunt. Once you are in the field, range your target as you normally would, and the KILO BDX rangefinder will utilize onboard Applied Ballistics Ultralight™ to instantly send your dope to the scope via Bluetooth. Using your basic ballistic profile the ballistic solution is calculated for your target and will instantly illuminate on the BDX-R1 Digital Ballistic Reticle with windage and elevation holds in the SIERRA3BDX riflescope. A blue LED on the riflescope power selector indicates that the BDX system is paired, and when the reticle has received new ballistic holdover and windage data from the rangefinder.

“Rangefinding riflescopes of the past have had two major shortcomings: they are either big, boxy and heavy, or extremely expensive,” said Andy York, president, SIG SAUER Electro-Optics. “The revolutionary and affordable BDX system packs advanced ballistics technology into a simple platform that looks just like the rangefinder and riflescope that every hunter is using today. It is extremely simple to use; range a target, put the digital ballistic holdover dot on target, pull the trigger, impact. Incredibly accurate and extremely simple, just connect the dot.”

The BDX family of rangefinders includes: KILO1400BDX, KILO1800BDX, KILO2200BDX, KILO2400BDX, and KILO3000BDX rangefinder binocular. These rangefinders include many of the legacy features that the KILO name was built on: Lightwave DSP™ digital rangefinder engine, Hyperscan™ with 4 times per second scan rate, RangeLock™, and the Lumatic™ auto-adjusting display.

KILO BDX Rangefinders starting at $299.99 MSRP
SIERRA3BDX Riflescopes starting at $599.99 MSRP

Available at dealers July, 2018.

When will the bdx binos be available?? And will there be a more tactical oriented rifle scope coming out?

Appears that there are non AB LRF models that will BT to an AB Kestrel for solutions, any information on how that works?

Doc
Thank you for keeping us up to date!!!
Will the Sig Kilo 2400 ABS work with the new rifle scopes?

Reactions: SHWILL
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the procedure is to:

1. Link all the devices via BT
2. Upload your rifle and bullet info from the phone app to the profile in the LRF via BT
3. Zap a target with the LRF
4. LRF burps a signal to the scope via BT
5. Place illuminated indicator on desired POI

Is that correct?

My thoughts-
Pros- Decent price range, decent optics, decent LRF

Cons- Three devices with batteries.

How does the AB pkg differ from the AB pkg in the current 2400?

You will need one of our dongles in order to do that. However if you mean the BDX line, those feature AB Ultralite™ Engine.

Yes, there is a BDX model that seemingly does not include the full AB engine retailing about $960. It has BT.

Can you give us some information how that pairs and works with an AB Kestrel 5700?

Does it send the target to the Kestrel for the math then beam the solution back to the LRF? If so does it give wind/elevation results based off the Kestrel's wind setting?

Does it just send the range to the Kestrel and you view all the information there?

How does it work?

How would a dongle accomplish the same idea?

Thanks DocUSMCRetired, Your video helps me alot!
https://10rangefinders.com/best-rangefinders/

Way to promote your own content in the first two posts on the forum!

tenor.gif

Reactions: SRPowah
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the procedure is to:

1. Link all the devices via BT
2. Upload your rifle and bullet info from the phone app to the profile in the LRF via BT
3. Zap a target with the LRF
4. LRF burps a signal to the scope via BT
5. Place illuminated indicator on desired POI

Is that correct?

My thoughts-
Pros- Decent price range, decent optics, decent LRF

Cons- Three devices with batteries.

How does the AB pkg differ from the AB pkg in the current 2400?

Also keep in mind it has an etched normal ret. So you are not without if the batteries do die.

Another thing is that once the data is in the scope you do not need the other products to continue using that. It has its own sensors that will adjust the ballistics as you change magnification.

Reactions: frost1235
Yes, there is a BDX model that seemingly does not include the full AB engine retailing about $960. It has BT.

Can you give us some information how that pairs and works with an AB Kestrel 5700?

Does it send the target to the Kestrel for the math then beam the solution back to the LRF? If so does it give wind/elevation results based off the Kestrel's wind setting?

Does it just send the range to the Kestrel and you view all the information there?

How does it work?

How would a dongle accomplish the same idea?

Way to promote your own content in the first two posts on the forum!

tenor.gif

If it is BDX it has an AB Engine of one kind or another. The difference is that it does not have temp, pressure sensors etc like the 2400ABS does. You can integrate other devices for that, or simply use the internet over the phone. Or you can hand input them. Thats on the entry models at least. We cannot speak for what the next models or the more advanced options will have yet. But we will as they start to roll out.

You put it into "External Mode" and it will pull data from a device with the AB Elite Engine.

When in External mode it pulls the wind and other data from the devices like the Garmin and Kestrel.

It sends the range to the Kestrel, gets the firing solution, and updates the scope.

It works through interconnected electronics.

If you use a terrapin etc. and a dongle then it simply updates the range in the Kestrel and you will need to dial on your own scope. You will currently not be able to use this system with anything that is not in the AB Ecosystem. So you will need a BDX Scope, and BDX Range Finder then pair it with a device that has AB Elite Engine if you want to go the external route.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenRUM
My internet is not fast enough for videos...

So if I have a Kestrel 5700 (I might upgrade to Elite) and I buy the SIG BDX rangefinder and scope, will it display firing solutions for longer than 800 yards on the scope reticle?

Thanks.

If it is BDX it has an AB Engine of one kind or another. The difference is that it does not have temp, pressure sensors etc like the 2400ABS does. You can integrate other devices for that, or simply use the internet over the phone. Or you can hand input them. Thats on the entry models at least. We cannot speak for what the next models or the more advanced options will have yet. But we will as they start to roll out.

You put it into "External Mode" and it will pull data from a device with the AB Elite Engine.

When in External mode it pulls the wind and other data from the devices like the Garmin and Kestrel.

It sends the range to the Kestrel, gets the firing solution, and updates the scope.

It works through interconnected electronics.

If you use a terrapin etc. and a dongle then it simply updates the range in the Kestrel and you will need to dial on your own scope. You will currently not be able to use this system with anything that is not in the AB Ecosystem. So you will need a BDX Scope, and BDX Range Finder then pair it with a device that has AB Elite Engine if you want to go the external route.

K, sounds good. Do you get the wind hold in the LRF after the solution is determined by the Kestrel in "External" mode?

I assume so but you know what they say about assumptions...

I struggled through that 10.5 minute video for about an hour. They mentioned a sensor on the magnification ring. Does the elevation turret have a sensor so the dots will move when you dial or are you range limited by the digital drops?

I think I would want to dial to get the elevation dot on the crosshair for a zero wind hold and then have the windage dots to mark maximum wind hold.

If you zero and then you can only use the dots, that's not ideal.

Doc, thank you for responding to new questions. Let’s get to the down and dirty....
I compete and have a 2400 ABS and Kestrel 5700 Elite. I hunt with my kids and would like to set them up with this new generation to get them started. Thank
????? Do I need to sell my 2400 abs and get the top BDX range finder and scope to allow for competition and hunting with the kids? Thank you

Doc, thank you for responding to new questions. Let’s get to the down and dirty....
I compete and have a 2400 ABS and Kestrel 5700 Elite. I hunt with my kids and would like to set them up with this new generation to get them started. Thank
????? Do I need to sell my 2400 abs and get the top BDX range finder and scope to allow for competition and hunting with the kids? Thank you

I wouldn't sell my 2400ABS just yet, but that is me. I would personally pick up the 3000 BDX Binos and a scope. Then you would have both a LRF and LRF Binos. But that is why you have different combinations of products, and more combinations and new products coming out later this year. So you can mix and match however you want.

So, I would need a weather environment meter with wind reading abilities on top of the bdx range finder and scope? Or does the rangefinder read windage etc?

If you want BDX solutions past 800 yards you need a Kestrel or some other way to get wind data and do the more advanced calculation.

So, I would need a weather environment meter with wind reading abilities on top of the bdx range finder and scope? Or does the rangefinder read windage etc?
The BDX rangefinder has no device for wind, this would have to pulled from a Kestrel that is linked or manually calculated using a different anemometer device

@DocUSMCRetired
What is the difference in the software in these two models: (1)SOK24704 and (2) SOK24701?

Will the AB “elite” give better solutions than AB lite at the ranges where AB lite will work or should they be similarly reliable until you get past the ranges the ab lite will give you a solution?

Brownells said they were delivering my Sig Kilo3000BDX 10x42 binos yesterday but imagine my surprise when I opened the small box to find the Sig KILO2400BDX inside, I called Brownells and they apologized and sent me a label but said the KILO3000BDX is still on backorder. Has anyone got the 3000 yet?

What improvement, if any, is there with the BDX RF binoculars over my Leica geovid RF binoculars? Price? Glass? warranty?

What improvement, if any, is there with the BDX RF binoculars over my Leica geovid RF binoculars? Price? Glass? warranty?

3k yard range finder, ability to link to your kestrel, uses ab software.

If you're looking for lecia glass this isn't it. If youre looking for a solid optical system with advanced ballistic capability this is your product.

Brownells said they were delivering my Sig Kilo3000BDX 10x42 binos yesterday but imagine my surprise when I opened the small box to find the Sig KILO2400BDX inside, I called Brownells and they apologized and sent me a label but said the KILO3000BDX is still on backorder. Has anyone got the 3000 yet?

In talking with SIG, we're looking at a november ship date.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Thread resurrection.

Dad is wanting a rangefinder. My brother has the Kilo2200 we love it. The 2400ABS is ideal but out of his price range. Will the BDX display his DOPE instantaneously when he ranges a target in the range finder? That would be perfect for him and not have to forgo back and forth trying to use his smart phone. He's extremely old fashioned..

Thread resurrection.

Dad is wanting a rangefinder. My brother has the Kilo2200 we love it. The 2400ABS is ideal but out of his price range. Will the BDX display his DOPE instantaneously when he ranges a target in the range finder? That would be perfect for him and not have to forgo back and forth trying to use his smart phone. He's extremely old fashioned..

Yes. I use the 2400 bxd unit as my new rangefinder. I dig it.

Reactions: TroopThrowback
Yes. I use the 2400 bxd unit as my new rangefinder. I dig it.

I ordered it last night price was good and i got cash back plus points on the card. Zeiss prf broke today so that was convienent timing. I’m really wannting one for myself but am going to see how the 3000BDX do. If the glass is quality that’s what I’m shooting for

I ordered it last night price was good and i got cash back plus points on the card. Zeiss prf broke today so that was convienent timing. I’m really wannting one for myself but am going to see how the 3000BDX do. If the glass is quality that’s what I’m shooting for
Let me know what you think of it, I was really curious to see how good the glass was and how well the LRF performed. Supposed to be some new LRF stuff at SHOT 2019 so curious to see if it's truly "new" technology or more of the same.

Let me know what you think of it, I was really curious to see how good the glass was and how well the LRF performed. Supposed to be some new LRF stuff at SHOT 2019 so curious to see if it's truly "new" technology or more of the same.

The 3000BDX or 2200BDX? 2200BDX is on the way, i was saying i want one of those but am going to hold out for the 3000BDX if it pans out. Honestly someone with decent glass should just put the concept of a 2400ABS in a binocular LRF. I would gladly pay for that. Being able to eliminate carrying so much stuff hunting would be amazing.

The 3000BDX or 2200BDX? 2200BDX is on the way, i was saying i want one of those but am going to hold out for the 3000BDX if it pans out. Honestly someone with decent glass should just put the concept of a 2400ABS in a binocular LRF. I would gladly pay for that. Being able to eliminate carrying so much stuff hunting would be amazing.
The 3000BDX is the one I'm curious about, I had the Vortex Fury and Leica HD-B's this year but my hunting trip didn't pan out so sold them both, curious to see what might be new at Shot this year. I agree, the less you have to carry in the field the better, would love to see more technology on the laser front, especially with wind.

The 3000BDX is the one I'm curious about, I had the Vortex Fury and Leica HD-B's this year but my hunting trip didn't pan out so sold them both, curious to see what might be new at Shot this year. I agree, the less you have to carry in the field the better, would love to see more technology on the laser front, especially with wind.

I think they should be working on it, i think it'd sell. Give me moderate quality glass with the features of the 2400abs in a binocular i'd shell out 2500 for one easily. I'm interested to see the BDX when it comes in thursday. We just figured out dad's issue with his SAUM was my omega the entire time. I had done load development with the can this entire time assuming switching between it and the thread protector the shift wouldn't be bad. Zeiss v6 has been fine the entire time, Zeiss stated the same, and it held zero last i checked. Put it on paper 5-6" high, put the hybrid on the gun 2-3" high, put the omega on and bullseye. So he's been missing deer this entire time because of me. Frustrating to say the least.

Caved in and ordered from Liberty. Will post my thoughts when they come in. Little disappointed in the 2200bdx yesterday. ABU was spot on but i had trouble ranging a pretty large deer at 636yds. Also couldn’t get my 700 10” plate or my 30x18” IPSC at 800yds. Would’ve chalked it up to being unsteady but i was resting on a rear bag. Might have to contact sig in that regard. Certainly doesn’t seem to be the norm. Need to get my brothers kilo 2000 out to see.

Caved in and ordered from Liberty. Will post my thoughts when they come in. Little disappointed in the 2200bdx yesterday. ABU was spot on but i had trouble ranging a pretty large deer at 636yds. Also couldn’t get my 700 10” plate or my 30x18” IPSC at 800yds. Would’ve chalked it up to being unsteady but i was resting on a rear bag. Might have to contact sig in that regard. Certainly doesn’t seem to be the norm. Need to get my brothers kilo 2000 out to see.
Ordered which, the 3000BDX binos? I had the Vortex Fury's and the Leica HD-B 2200's earlier this year, nice but neither of them did I feel were as good as my Kilo 2000's in many situations, my hunting trip fell through so I sold both hoping something new would be announced at SHOT next month. The biggest problem with any of them was trying to keep steady for long range, I figure the best bet is a small tripod when in the field or a bag, but a bag won't help much if you're in taller grass. Just got a PVA tripod setup with leveling base and I'm pondering the feasibility of taking it out to the field, I also have a lightweight Gitzo carbon tripod that I'm going to play with and see what kind of accuracy I can get from the smaller/lighter unit. I have a Reaper Grip and the plate is pretty wide, I wonder if I can jimmy rig some kind of Kilo mount.