• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Sig BDX Scope, Range Finder, and Binos.

Ordered which, the 3000BDX binos? I had the Vortex Fury's and the Leica HD-B 2200's earlier this year, nice but neither of them did I feel were as good as my Kilo 2000's in many situations, my hunting trip fell through so I sold both hoping something new would be announced at SHOT next month. The biggest problem with any of them was trying to keep steady for long range, I figure the best bet is a small tripod when in the field or a bag, but a bag won't help much if you're in taller grass. Just got a PVA tripod setup with leveling base and I'm pondering the feasibility of taking it out to the field, I also have a lightweight Gitzo carbon tripod that I'm going to play with and see what kind of accuracy I can get from the smaller/lighter unit. I have a Reaper Grip and the plate is pretty wide, I wonder if I can jimmy rig some kind of Kilo mount.

Kilo 3000bdx binos. I need a pair and kills two birds with one stone. No more carrying kestrel, rangefinder, binos, and phone. Just binos and phone less i need a wind read for that day kestrel would help.

Yeah i don’t think this is the norm. A large deer at 636yds should be easy for the sig. i had it on a bag on a bench thinking i wasn’t being steady enough but i was. It’s somethimg my prf wouldn’t have had issue with. It would not range the deer and barely it’s back drop which were trees. Hell i couldn’t get my 10” circle at 700 or my 30x18 IPSC at 800. Certainly not what reviews have led me to believe about the kilo series.

Kilo 3000bdx binos. I need a pair and kills two birds with one stone. No more carrying kestrel, rangefinder, binos, and phone. Just binos and phone less i need a wind read for that day kestrel would help.

Yeah i don’t think this is the norm. A large deer at 636yds should be easy for the sig. i had it on a bag on a bench thinking i wasn’t being steady enough but i was. It’s somethimg my prf wouldn’t have had issue with. It would not range the deer and barely it’s back drop which were trees. Hell i couldn’t get my 10” circle at 700 or my 30x18 IPSC at 800. Certainly not what reviews have led me to believe about the kilo series.
You probably already know this but atmospherics can mess with a LRF, I've had strange behavior from time to time where one day it ranged just fine but another day it struggled, the only difference was weather.

You probably already know this but atmospherics can mess with a LRF, I've had strange behavior from time to time where one day it ranged just fine but another day it struggled, the only difference was weather.

I know but they couldn’t have been more favorable. Clear skies, sunny with a slight wind. I’m going to continue using it and if i can’t get it to range at 800 probably let them look at it. I did wonder if once paired with the phone since it’s capped at 800yds if there are any issues there? Idk really. Either way currently ABU works and works well. And no one else is doing what sig is or at least successfully for the money. So I’m pretty eager to get my hands on the 3000bdx.

Long range only just posted this today.

I've got a 2400 BDX and was ranging the far treeline from my back deck at 1790 yards offhand. It was getting a solid 4-500 yard further readings than my Kilo 2200MR was ever able to. Paired it with my Kestrel and ABE gives me my dope pretty quick, I was impressed.

I've got a 2400 BDX and was ranging the far treeline from my back deck at 1790 yards offhand. It was getting a solid 4-500 yard further readings than my Kilo 2200MR was ever able to. Paired it with my Kestrel and ABE gives me my dope pretty quick, I was impressed.

Yeah ours was better today but nothing like that still had inconsistent ranges out to 800yds. It did better than yesterday.

Are you able to build a Target Card with the BDX system? Does the BDX/Kestrel pairing allow for multiple ranges to be stored? Or does the one ranging overwrite itself each time?

Are you able to build a Target Card with the BDX system? Does the BDX/Kestrel pairing allow for multiple ranges to be stored? Or does the one ranging overwrite itself each time?

That was the next thing I was going to play with to see. I'm sure I won't build a target card in the display of the lrf as it first shows you range and angle, then elevation, then wind. I think it will do it on the Kestrel though, you probably need to manually scroll from target 1 to target 2 though before lazing them. I'm hoping it does as it will be really handy for field matches to be able to set direction of fire in the kestrel for each target then range them. I'll report back when I've played with it some more.

So will the 3000 give you all the inputs that the 2400 kilo ABS can do?

So will the 3000 give you all the inputs that the 2400 kilo ABS can do?

No not without being paired with a krestrel. It will give you everyting AB Lite gives and will pair to a krestrel giving you full capability of a kestrel.

No not without being paired with a krestrel. It will give you everyting AB Lite gives and will pair to a krestrel giving you full capability of a kestrel.

To bad you can't link it to a phone or why they won't give you that option that way you only carry one device.

I recently purchased the Bushnell Elite Tactical Conx system that comes with the Kestrel Sportsman weather meter with AB and the G1/G7 calculator. Can’t wait to get out on the range and test it out. For my applications it seemed perfect. That Sig setup sure looks nice though!

To bad you can't link it to a phone or why they won't give you that option that way you only carry one device.

It will link to the phone and the kestrel. But the only way you can get krestrel inputs is through linking it to the kestrel. With just phone it will get the local environmentals from the nearest weather station and use AB Lite to give you DOPE out to 800yds.

In regards to the sig kilo rangefinders:
1. Did they discontinue the kilo 2200 now? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
2. If you don't own a sig bdx scope, isn't the new line of bdx rangefinders useless to you?
3. Is it possible to turn off the bluetooth on the new bdx rangefinders if I'm not using the bdx feature so it isn't draining battery for no reason?
4. I can't seem to see in writing anywhere that the new kilo bdx rangefinders are waterproof/fogproof, are they?
5. On sigs website they show reticles with mils on them for most of the kilo bdx lrf's, is there an option for just a simple circle?

Thanks,

In regards to the sig kilo rangefinders:
1. Did they discontinue the kilo 2200 now? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
2. If you don't own a sig bdx scope, isn't the new line of bdx rangefinders useless to you?
3. Is it possible to turn off the bluetooth on the new bdx rangefinders if I'm not using the bdx feature so it isn't draining battery for no reason?
4. I can't seem to see in writing anywhere that the new kilo bdx rangefinders are waterproof/fogproof, are they?
5. On sigs website they show reticles with mils on them for most of the kilo bdx lrf's, is there an option for just a simple circle?

Thanks,
I spoke with my Rep and he just got back with these answers:

1) For 2019 the only Kilo2200’s will be the BDX line, those are listed on the 2019 catalog

2) The new line of BDX rangefinders work just as well as the non BDX models, but offer the ability to pair up with BDX scope if you end up buying one.

3) You would have to pair the rangefinder and scope at the beginning if you wanted to use them together, if you do not want to use the BDX system then you simply do not pair them at the beginning.

4) I do not believe we have it in writing anywhere but I will ask, I was told they are waterproof/fogproof up to certain conditions but I will see if I can get some more details for you.

5) No option for simple circle at this time.

I hope this helps

I spoke with my Rep and he just got back with these answers:

1) For 2019 the only Kilo2200’s will be the BDX line, those are listed on the 2019 catalog

2) The new line of BDX rangefinders work just as well as the non BDX models, but offer the ability to pair up with BDX scope if you end up buying one.

3) You would have to pair the rangefinder and scope at the beginning if you wanted to use them together, if you do not want to use the BDX system then you simply do not pair them at the beginning.

4) I do not believe we have it in writing anywhere but I will ask, I was told they are waterproof/fogproof up to certain conditions but I will see if I can get some more details for you.

5) No option for simple circle at this time.

I hope this helps

Thank you for your reply, it really helped me out. Much appreciated good sir!

Reactions: gr8fuldoug

Where did you order the Kilo 3000BDX Binos from and did they have them in stock or did you order them on back order? I can't find them in stock anywhere I didn't think they were even out yet.

Where did you order the Kilo 3000BDX Binos from and did they have them in stock or did you order them on back order? I can't find them in stock anywhere I didn't think they were even out yet.
They have not shipped yet. We are accepting pre-orders, if you'd like to give us a call, 516-217-1000
Happy New Year

Oh it was a preorder from liberty they’re not released yet to my knowledge.

They have not shipped yet. We are accepting pre-orders, if you'd like to give us a call, 516-217-1000
Happy New Year
Couple questions......

1. What is the expected ship date any idea?
2. Do you run CC for full amount now or when shipped?

Figured I would ask here instead of a PM other people might want to know also.

Thanks!

In reply:

1. What is the expected ship date any idea? I have been told January 2019, however, as I have been in this industry for many years my answer is "as soon as I see a tracking # that they've shipped, I'll know they've arrived"

2. Do you run CC for full amount now or when shipped? All we ask is for a $100.00 refundable deposit and when they arrive we will contact you for the balance due (in case you want to use a different card)

Reactions: 5RWill
Does anyone know if you can have a Kilo 2400BDX paired simultaneously with a Kestrel 5700AB and one (or 2) of those e-dope cards? Would be awesome for team matches to have one guy lazing all the targets and that data getting populated too both guys e-dope cards.

I have the 2400 LRF/ 20x scope combo. It works pretty slick. I ordered the combo back when they were still about three months out from shipping and received it in August. I set it up on my elk hunting rifle (300WM) and spent some range time seeing how well it "lit up" the aim point. It performed very well. I was able to hit spot on to a little over 400 yds and then my impact started to land about two inches high and about three inches left, pretty consistently. There was a bit of an on/off breeze and I was shooting down an old cattle lane that leads to the pasture. The lane is about 10-12 feet wide with corn planted on both sides. It could have been wind/me/or scope, but i dont know for sure.
I ended up using a different scope for elk hunting but brought the Sig BDX as a backup. The rangefinder worked great while on the hunt. I have since put that scope on a .223 bolt gun and am working up loads. Hoping that setup will be a nice 100-500 yard dead bang "trainer" as a cheaper alternative than sending 300 Norma rounds down range at 4 boxes a week.
Chris

Reactions: TroopThrowback
I have the 2400 LRF/ 20x scope combo. It works pretty slick. I ordered the combo back when they were still about three months out from shipping and received it in August. I set it up on my elk hunting rifle (300WM) and spent some range time seeing how well it "lit up" the aim point. It performed very well. I was able to hit spot on to a little over 400 yds and then my impact started to land about two inches high and about three inches left, pretty consistently. There was a bit of an on/off breeze and I was shooting down an old cattle lane that leads to the pasture. The lane is about 10-12 feet wide with corn planted on both sides. It could have been wind/me/or scope, but i dont know for sure.
I ended up using a different scope for elk hunting but brought the Sig BDX as a backup. The rangefinder worked great while on the hunt. I have since put that scope on a .223 bolt gun and am working up loads. Hoping that setup will be a nice 100-500 yard dead bang "trainer" as a cheaper alternative than sending 300 Norma rounds down range at 4 boxes a week.
Chris
Thank you for your report!

No problem Troop. I really like the set. I have a variety of "nice" scopes and i would put it right up there with them as far as fit/finish. The glass is good and very clear. The main reason I swapped it out for my elk hunt was that it doesn't have "turrets" so it wouldnt be as handy to make adjustments should the battery/electronics take a shit out in the field. I consider these things when going on a hunt that took 5 plus years to draw a tag for. The other reason was familiarity. I hadnt had it in operation long enough to feel like i mastered its uses quickly enough for a hunting situation. It pulls the info from the rangefinder and mates it to the scope INSTANTLY. That is no concern. It just has alot more it is capable of that i hadnt dove into yet.
I am looking forward to playing with it here on the range at home and with my group of family/friends that get together for long range stuff every week. I know it will have its limits on the rifle i attached it to, but it will be perfect for some of our dueling matches which have you changing yardage every five shots. I will update you soon on its performance on that. But for 1400 bucks, it is a deal with the quality of the LRF AND the scope!!
Chris

Reactions: TroopThrowback
No problem Troop. I really like the set. I have a variety of "nice" scopes and i would put it right up there with them as far as fit/finish. The glass is good and very clear. The main reason I swapped it out for my elk hunt was that it doesn't have "turrets" so it wouldnt be as handy to make adjustments should the battery/electronics take a shit out in the field. I consider these things when going on a hunt that took 5 plus years to draw a tag for. The other reason was familiarity. I hadnt had it in operation long enough to feel like i mastered its uses quickly enough for a hunting situation. It pulls the info from the rangefinder and mates it to the scope INSTANTLY. That is no concern. It just has alot more it is capable of that i hadnt dove into yet.
I am looking forward to playing with it here on the range at home and with my group of family/friends that get together for long range stuff every week. I know it will have its limits on the rifle i attached it to, but it will be perfect for some of our dueling matches which have you changing yardage every five shots. I will update you soon on its performance on that. But for 1400 bucks, it is a deal with the quality of the LRF AND the scope!!
Chris
Thanks for the honest estimation of quality and value. I have heard somewhere that the amount of actual light transmission of the bdx scopes is maxed at about 80% with current technology. I’m guessing the electronics impact that light transmission in the form factor of a standard riflescope. I’m still willing to give it a try because I’m not a competitor and the system seems to fit what I plan to do with it.

Now I just need to find the best price. Any tips?

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Troop

I read (in the bdx App Store reviews, no less) that the scope/ballistic computer isn’t setup to allow for a 20moa scopenase cant. Can anyone verify this?
I eventually plan on linking to a kestrel with AB Elite for shots past the 800y threshold set by ABUltralite included in the bdx app. Naturally that plan includes a scope base with some cant included but not if the abu app can not configure for it as is.

Anybody know? The app doesn’t allow any mock configurations without pairing to scope first, and I’m waiting for mine to come in.

Thanks all

Troop

LawnMM said:
K, sounds good. Do you get the wind hold in the LRF after the solution is determined by the Kestrel in "External" mode?

I assume so but you know what they say about assumptions...
Yes, and in the scope.

How do you get it to show wind holdover

Last edited:
I read (in the bdx App Store reviews, no less) that the scope/ballistic computer isn’t setup to allow for a 20moa scopenase cant. Can anyone verify this?
I eventually plan on linking to a kestrel with AB Elite for shots past the 800y threshold set by ABUltralite included in the bdx app. Naturally that plan includes a scope base with some cant included but not if the abu app can not configure for it as is.

Anybody know? The app doesn’t allow any mock configurations without pairing to scope first, and I’m waiting for mine to come in.

Thanks all

Troop
Scope base slope has nothing to do with a ballistic solver unless you have too much slope for the internal adjustment of your scope and can't dial to a reasonable zero.

As long as you can dial to a zero, the ballistics solver should not care.

For ABX use with a Kestrel, I want to try to make additional scope profiles with the elevation dial turned one full rotation from zero to make the BDX reticle dots more useful for 800+ yard shots.