• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Does anyone know the threads for the tennon/barrel extension to thread on to? Asked this a while back but would the cross/fix barrels interchange due to the but design?

For anyone like me that really disliked the tiny bolt knob, I just replaced mine with a badger bolt knob and it makes a world of difference. It also does not interfere with folding the buttstock.

Second season for me hunting with the Cross. It packs small, is easy to carry and shoots well, but there are many better choices for precision rifle.

31AC6577-9B4B-47A1-8C65-A83CC7B7A2C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Second season for me hunting with the Cross. It packs small, is easy to carry and shoots well, but there are many better choices for precision rifle.

View attachment 7737123

I'd agree, it's a good hunting rifle with some adjustability and features that make it a good generalist as well, but hopefully no one was thinking a 6.5lb shorter barreled rifle was going to be equivalent to 23lb, long barreled PRS rigs for that kind of gaming.

How do you find the vg6 taming the recoil ?
The VG 6 is...okay. I dont really care for the impulse of the brake on this rifle, the Grendel before it, or the Ruger before that one. I will be replacing it sooner or later. The recoil is ok. It is just the feeling of the brake that I dont like.

The VG 6 is...okay. I dont really care for the impulse of the brake on this rifle, the Grendel before it, or the Ruger before that one. I will be replacing it sooner or later. The recoil is ok. It is just the feeling of the brake that I dont like.

Interesting, what do you suspect would be a better brake for this kind of rifle ?

Another endorsement for the hellfire here.

I put the muzzle adapters on all my rifles and can swap on a brake or suppressor by hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronin_64
Took my Cross out for elk and deer in CO's 2nd rifle season. Connected with both! Muley at 307, elk at approximately 275. I forgot to grab the rifle for the deer pic. He was quartering away pretty hard so while the entry was spot on, that is the exit you can see in front of his shoulder. Also did a photo shoot because it's just a damn good looking gun.

edit: Thought it was worth adding that the little buck was shot through his rear left ankle when he approached me so I put him out of his misery. The leg injury was not Cross related lol.

39urRqb.jpg

nMfeu8g.jpg

0lanoEj.jpg

kWMQW2V.jpg

hvYSM9r.jpg

Last edited:
I got my rebarreled Cross back from Mile High yesterday...I'll get some pics up but they did a beautiful job on the barrel as usual.

Reactions: InTuneGP
Anyone with a 6.5 have some rough CBTO measurements? Doing some quick loads with a 123gr SST so I can hunt with it this next week while I'm off. I usually do the wheeler method but couldn't find anything on getting the ejector out of the bolt head and I don't want to be the first to try it :oops:

Here's to hoping a 223 bolt head is coming as well
That would rock, if not, maybe the new CZ 600 Trail might work (guarantee accuracy is pretty poor but no range reports yet).

I think the Sig in 223 would light up the predator hunting market

As well as a Magnum bolt head. The bolt heads swap so easy. No idea why they aren't jumping all over this 6.5 PRC Hype Train
Someone here had mentioned that the cross won't support a magnum bolt face as the barrel wall would be too thin around the chamber. I don't personally know, but I remember it mentioned way earlier in the thread.

Dave Tooley said it wasn’t strong enough for a magnums earlier in this thread. I would love one in PRC also, but probably not in the cards. Looking at the bolt, I am sure he’s right, there isn’t a lot of room to grow the bolt face.

Has anyone had issues with light strikes in the primer? I've had two now in about 30 rounds, but maybe they're bad primers? They're cci200 primers.

Has anyone had issues with light strikes in the primer? I've had two now in about 30 rounds, but maybe they're bad primers? They're cci200 primers.
No, I have not had that issue. I use either Starline or Lapua SR brass with CCI BR4 primers. If that just started for you, you might want to check the firing pin.

That looks nice. I bought my 308 specifically to be a 308 since I had a bunch of unused 308 ammo and components. Now I'm going to start wishing for a 6cm barrel.

I live about 4 miles away but I am sure that’s an option