• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

Same, and I’ve got plenty of grip strength (ask my ice tools). Even with the judicious application of soft jaw pliers it collapsed.

I still honestly like the gun for what it is.

Reactions: ma smith
It’s a shame that they ripped off AI’s LOP design and still couldn’t get it right. They could have made the detent recess much deeper and kept the weight the same by using a thicker piece of anodized aluminum like AI does. I doubt there’s anyone with one of these that wouldn’t have paid the $10 more that it would cost them to do that.

I’m pretty disappointed with the gun, disappointed with people giving it glaring reviews and not talking about these issues, and disappointed with myself for expecting it to be really good. I’m still going to give it a chance though but I won’t be putting the $2400 NF or $3000 S&B on it that I’ve been eyeing because it isn’t deserving of that.

I think I’m going to pick up a VX5HD and as long at it shoots sub MOA with match ammo that’ll be sufficient. I’m not going to try to use this as a do all hunting rifle and casual LR rifle though like I had hoped.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
It’s a shame that they ripped off AI’s LOP design and still couldn’t get it right. They could have made the detent recess much deeper and kept the weight the same by using a thicker piece of anodized aluminum like AI does. I doubt there’s anyone with one of these that wouldn’t have paid the $10 more that it would cost them to do that.
The skelotonnized butt-stock is still too thin to be a true competition or working gun.

It works great for a initial shots off a bag, but if you are shooting a longer string -- eg like 10 shots, as in a match-- need to fiddle a touch more to keep it sorted. The thin profile is ever-so-more diffucult to use with a sandbag, because the sand has less surface aread to stabilize. A tiny detail, but its noticeable. But for a hunting rifle, this isn't really an issue.

Hunting sequences are basically 1 shot and/or a follow up. This is something thats more of a workflow issue, like if you are changing targest and re-establishing every 2 shots, 5 unique targets, it comes into play. Or engaging a single target in a long string of fire.

Its just ever so slightly slower, and imperceptibly less stable, as a result.

Reactions: PBWalsh
All joking aside, it is very thin and it should have been at least 1/16" thicker with a deeper recess. While mine has remained tight, it is a point I had concern about when initially picking it up.

I did have the back up plan as M4 has already done.
So, let's see that after market idea??

The skelotonnized butt-stock is still too thin to be a true competition or working gun.

It works great for a initial shots off a bag, but if you are shooting a longer string -- eg like 10 shots, as in a match-- need to fiddle a touch more to keep it sorted. The thin profile is ever-so-more diffucult to use with a sandbag, because the sand has less surface aread to stabilize. A tiny detail, but its noticeable. But for a hunting rifle, this isn't really an issue.

Hunting sequences are basically 1 shot and/or a follow up. This is something thats more of a workflow issue, like if you are changing targest and re-establishing every 2 shots, 5 unique targets, it comes into play. Or engaging a single target in a long string of fire.

Its just ever so slightly slower, and imperceptibly less stable, as a result.

This ain’t my first rodeo hoss. It’s got way more of a bag rider than the fix does and those never gave me an issue. Would a fix be my first choice to take to a PRS match unless it was something like mammoth? No. But if it’s what I had and wanted to shoot a match it would be fine.

I was expecting to use this rifle as a casual LR rifle like I had absolutely no issue using my Fix’s for and it’s not going to work for that and it’s not because of lack of a bag rider. It could have zero surface under the stock and I could sandwich a bag under the grip area and make that work.

This ain’t my first rodeo hoss...
No worries. My comment wasn't really directed at you. Just describing the nature of the rifle. Its just less stuff to stabilize with, has less purchase. A TRG folder, or and AI for example, might be skelotonized those are way more substantial. YMMV.

Theres also the similar issue with the trigger shoe, its just very thin. These things make it just a smidge harder to get that perfect stability.

So I pulled an optic off another rifle, slapped a equally crappy Magpul bipod on the rifle and decided to do a little dry firing. The trigger is pretty decent but the rifle is now tits up for all intents and purposes.

After about 20 dry fires I started noticing up and down play around the hinge when loading the bipod. After a little while I stopped and saw it’s coming from where the hinge mounts to the receiver. I tightened it down which it went about 1/8 of a turn to seat back down but now there’s still up and down play.

I’ll take it apart later this afternoon to see if there’s something in there preventing it from properly seating but it’s pretty pathetic that it’s already fucked up from not even firing a single round, I can only imagine what’s going to happen from actually shooting it. So far this thing is an absolute joke.

.. it’s coming from where the hinge mounts to the receiver...
On the cross, a sloppy hinge is an OEM warranty item.
Good luck either way. SIG will replace it, if you ask.

The new .MIL rifles had the hinge redesigned.
Hopefully the new hinge fits, and isn't a $500 SKU :ROFLMAO:

On the cross, a sloppy hinge is an OEM warranty item.
Good luck either way. SIG will replace it, if you ask.

The new .MIL rifles had the hinge redesigned.
Hopefully the new hinge fits, and isn't a $500 SKU :ROFLMAO:

This isn’t slop in the hinge, this is slop between the hinge and receiver. The hinge actually locks up pretty solid as long as it’s not folded. It’s a floppy POS when folded.

The spear uses a picatinny mounted hinge, entirely different than the cross.

So I pulled an optic off another rifle, slapped a equally crappy Magpul bipod on the rifle and decided to do a little dry firing. The trigger is pretty decent but the rifle is now tits up for all intents and purposes.

After about 20 dry fires I started noticing up and down play around the hinge when loading the bipod. After a little while I stopped and saw it’s coming from where the hinge mounts to the receiver. I tightened it down which it went about 1/8 of a turn to seat back down but now there’s still up and down play.

I’ll take it apart later this afternoon to see if there’s something in there preventing it from properly seating but it’s pretty pathetic that it’s already fucked up from not even firing a single round, I can only imagine what’s going to happen from actually shooting it. So far this thing is an absolute joke.
Sig. Enough said. Maybe they will make it right and send you an RMA?

I pulled the hinge and it’s barely making contact on the one side so no wonder it was rocking up and down. I made some hodgepodge metal shims and it appears to have solved the issue for now.

There’s rumors that KB was helping develop it while he was at Sig. I can only imagine he named his rifle (that came out years before mind you) the fix because it fixed all the issues with this turd. In retrospect, I can only imagine that they called this the cross because you should cross it right off of the list if you’re considering one.

Attachments

• A361C7C3-05D9-4D25-A45F-6F3509C3FE40.jpeg
    A361C7C3-05D9-4D25-A45F-6F3509C3FE40.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 132
Sig. Enough said. Maybe they will make it right and send you an RMA?

I’m sure they will but one of the things I’d bitch about is the fucked up threads on the muzzle from the lack of protection from the thread protector. With my luck this barrel would be an absolute hammer and they’d replace it with a tomato stake so I do want to at least shoot it first and see how it shoots in the event I do keep it.

If it shoots like shit I’ll probably just send it back and request a new replacement rifle, which hopefully they’d do given all the issues, and dump the NIB rifle and buy another fix like I should have gotten from the get go.

• Haha
Reactions: Rev68 and Stoweit
I’m sure they will but one of the things I’d bitch about is the fucked up threads on the muzzle from the lack of protection ...
Its worth considering to remove the thread protector altogether to add a muzzle brake. However, the 7 pound base weight, stock grip, skinny trigger shoe, and skinny butstock are always going to remind you it's a hunting rifle.

Reactions: FuhQ
Its worth considering to remove the thread protector altogether to add a muzzle brake. However, the 7 pound base weight, stock grip, skinny trigger shoe, and skinny butstock are always going to remind you it's a hunting rifle.

TBAC CB brake has been installed for my Ultra 7.

Sig by their own account describes it as a long range precision rifle and hunting rifle, hence the name cross for crossover.

The Fix does both roles just fine.

I pulled the hinge and it’s barely making contact on the one side so no wonder it was rocking up and down. I made some hodgepodge metal shims and it appears to have solved the issue for now.

There’s rumors that KB was helping develop it while he was at Sig. I can only imagine he named his rifle (that came out years before mind you) the fix because it fixed all the issues with this turd. In retrospect, I can only imagine that they called this the cross because you should cross it right off of the list if you’re considering one.
My 308 is arriving today. Was pretty excited when I ordered it, now I'm totally deflated. If you'd just posted a day or two sooner...I even have a carbon 20" barrel coming for it.

My 308 is arriving today. Was pretty excited when I ordered it, now I'm totally deflated. If you'd just posted a day or two sooner...I even have a carbon 20" barrel coming for it.

Don't let some dudes on the internet ruin your excitement about your new rifle. I've had my .308 Cross since last fall and I love it. Just like anything else mass produced and factory assembled, some lemons are going to make their way out the doors, but a lot of us have had nothing but good experiences with the Cross.

You should be able to inspect it at your dealer and refuse it for a refund before doing the transfer. That’s what I’d do. No way would I buy this rifle over again, I’ve owned hundreds of rifles and this is easily one of the worst and I haven’t even shot it yet. If you can send it back it would be a smart move.

Just gotta remember that if your benchmark cost twice as much it'll probably never stack up. The Fix is not the end all be all either. There were a lot of problems with it as well.

I for one really like my cross for what it is. It's definitely more hunting then long range precision given its 16" barrel.

Reactions: InTuneGP
Don't let some dudes on the internet ruin your excitement about your new rifle. I've had my .308 Cross since last fall and I love it. Just like anything else mass produced and factory assembled, some lemons are going to make their way out the doors, but a lot of us have had nothing but good experiences with the Cross.

My rifle is not a “lemon”, I’ve gotten lemons before.

I was in reload yesterday and all 3 of the ones they had it stock had the same short thread protector with exposed threads and a ton of slop in the hinge. That’s not lemons, it’s a shitty design, shit build quality, and shit QC.

There’s people that have shot box cars that they have to dump 2qt’s of oil in the motor every time they fill it up with gas and they’re perfectly happy with their car. Doesn’t mean it’s not a piece of shit. These rifles are trash and you can do much better for the $$. $400 Ruger Americans have clean threads and properly fitting thread protectors.

Was the hinge sloppy when it was folded or locked in?

Edit- I reread your above posts. Mine doesn't do that. And I still think you are wrong to expect Fix quality for half the price.

Was the hinge sloppy when it was folded or locked in?

Edit- I reread your above posts. Mine doesn't do that. And I still think you are wrong to expect Fix quality for half the price.

I don’t expect a fix for half the price but I expect the shit to work that came on the rifle. When rifles 1/4 of the price come with clean threads and a proper thread protector then there’s no excuse for this not to. When it’s a folding stock it shouldn’t be sloppy and the hinge should fit the receiver properly and shouldn’t need to be taken apart and shimmed to not rock. The adjustable LOP shouldn’t collapse when hulk tight from being bounced 6” off the ground.

An RPR costs less, has a decent buttstock, a nice hinge whether folded or straight, and far better build quality than this. Not exactly an exact same rifle design but similar enough and similar price point. It has an acceptable build quality and the features work as they should. And no I didn’t expect any of my RPR’s to feel like or be built like my AI’s either. They were all half way decent rifles though.

Fair points. Sig cut mass to make a lighter rifle. It's not as robust as other designs period. The 2 rifles I've handled have had solid stocks and a thread protector that is cut 1 thread too short. Not a big deal and those get taken off as soon as they get home.

Q cut mass to make an even lighter rifle than the cross and it’s not poorly executed and doesn’t suffer from these issues. They could have made very small and cost effective changes and had a better hinge and a better LOP design but they didn’t.

The thread protects being too short is just so laughable. They have to know that it’s an issue and those are about as cheap/shitty of a TP as it gets. They could have scrapped the whole batch but instead they continue to put them on guns and continue to pass QC. Not everyone can/wants to hang a suppressor off the gun and most people are smart enough to to run a naked brake on a hunting rifle so it may not be as big of a deal to you and I but there are a lot of consumer that it is a big deal to as they have no desire to attach a muzzle device. It’s just pathetic that they can’t ship it with a properly fitting thread protector. It’s even more pathetic that you’re making excuses for their slap in the face to their customers.

QC bullshit is to be expected on some guns, but there’s no excuse for it on rifles getting into this price point. Absolutely none.

I'll definitely inspect as I do with every firearm that comes in. I've seen the common issues with the Cross so I'll look for all of those. The thread protector is fairly minor. You can likely order another off of Amazon for $10. Shouldn't have to but there are fixes plus I have access to CNC and other stuff so I can likely improve things where need be. I'll have a can on mine 100% of the time so I'll be using their mount/muzzle brake. I'll shoot the stock barrel first but switch over to the carbon barrel as soon as the barrel changing tool arrives (back ordered). I really did have second thoughts about not purchasing the RPR instead and sliding a pre-fit carbon barrel on it. We'll see. First foray into a bolt gun and wanted something dual purpose.

Q cut mass to make an even lighter rifle than the cross and it’s not poorly executed and doesn’t suffer from these issues. They could have made very small and cost effective changes and had a better hinge and a better LOP design but they didn’t.

The thread protects being too short is just so laughable. They have to know that it’s an issue and those are about as cheap/shitty of a TP as it gets. They could have scrapped the whole batch but instead they continue to put them on guns and continue to pass QC. Not everyone can/wants to hang a suppressor off the gun and most people are smart enough to to run a naked brake on a hunting rifle so it may not be as big of a deal to you and I but there are a lot of consumer that it is a big deal to as they have no desire to attach a muzzle device. It’s just pathetic that they can’t ship it with a properly fitting thread protector. It’s even more pathetic that you’re making excuses for their slap in the face to their customers.

QC bullshit is to be expected on some guns, but there’s no excuse for it on rifles getting into this price point. Absolutely none.
I’m going to add to this -

It costs almost nothing to make the Cross a great rifle. Sig is shipping pieces of shit to draw in $2 more dollars a rifle. Let that sink in.

My Cross had a solid lockup on the hinge, the LOP adjustment worked and I wasn’t able to get it to move, the bolt was excellent, the first thing I did was replace the thread protector with a muzzle device, and it shot sun-1/2 MOA with my black hills Accubonds. The gun did everything it was supposed to. I didn’t have a single one of the above issues (and who doesn’t replace the thread protector)? You know what you’re getting with this rifle.

My favorite parts of it were the carry-ability it has like an AR and that the barrel attached with an AR barrel nut style system so you aren’t worried about tipping the rifle over on a tree and having to reserve the gun if your scope/mounting is good.

It’s a good gun with known possible issues and some cheesiness. It’s made for hunting. You might get a lemon.

My Cross had a solid lockup on the hinge, the LOP adjustment worked and I wasn’t able to get it to move, the bolt was excellent, the first thing I did was replace the thread protector with a muzzle device, and it shot sun-1/2 MOA with my black hills Accubonds. The gun did everything it was supposed to. I didn’t have a single one of the above issues (and who doesn’t replace the thread protector)? You know what you’re getting with this rifle.

My favorite parts of it were the carry-ability it has like an AR and that the barrel attached with an AR barrel nut style system so you aren’t worried about tipping the rifle over on a tree and having to reserve the gun if your scope/mounting is good.

It’s a good gun with known possible issues and some cheesiness. It’s made for hunting. You might get a lemon.
I went to go get one at a local place a month ago. Every one of them on the shelf had a crooked barrel, and 2 of the 4 had sloppy hinges.

I went to go get one at a local place a month ago. Every one of them on the shelf had a crooked barrel, and 2 of the 4 had sloppy hinges.
I checked out several rifles at a local store knowing this could be the case and they all were good to go.

I bet it’s the handguard, loosen the screws and adjust it and rod probably good to go.

It's not perfect, but it's far from a piece of shit. It's targeted at more cross over hunters who are far more likely to hunt suppressed, versus the wood stocked blued steel crowd.

The hinge should lock up or send it back to get worked on. The butt should stay extended, mine does. The thread protector is a joke, but for most guys it's a non-issue.

I've had to send a AXSR and AX308 back to get to work right. So shit slips through QC.

I didn’t pay that close attention to the ones on the wall but my barrel is nowhere near straight in the handguard even after trying to straighten it by torquing in different procedures to align it yesterday after I installed my suppressor mount. I pretty much kissed the idea of running a thermal or NV clip on goodbye lol.

Since they’re such great guns why don’t one of you two take this turd off my hands? I would happily send it down the road if I wasn’t going to take a bath on it. Since I probably will and since it continues to surprise me I plan to otherwise shoot it first since I’m sure I’ll be able to make fun of it some more and then send it back to Sig for hopefully a replacement so that I can hopefully not lose so much.

It seems like you're retailer or LGS isn't offering you any support and you didn't get a chance to inspect prior to purchase. SIG will send you an RMA and A FEDEX box in like 10 minutes ... @redneckbmxer24 just call them...

It seems like you're retailer or LGS isn't offering you any support and you didn't get a chance to inspect prior to purchase. SIG will send you an RMA and A FEDEX box in like 10 minutes ... @redneckbmxer24 just call them...

Didn’t buy it from LGS, bought it from a crappy online store that doesn’t have a phone number to get it as cheap as possible since I figured it would suck.

I’ll call Sig to address some issues once I fire it and see how it shoots. That will determine what my requests are from them whether it’s address some issues or ask for a new rifle. I already know that the shitty hinge is what it is as well as the collapsing stock assembly because the 3 on the wall at my LGS are exactly the same, that’s just their crappy design and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

I just got another case of ammo delivered today (Berger 140 Hybrid) so I just need to settle on an optic for it but I may just go shoot it with this SWFA 3-15 I plopped on it from a 22 to see how it does.

Didn’t buy it from LGS, bought it from a crappy online store that doesn’t have a phone number to get it as cheap as possible since I figured it would suck.

I’ll call Sig to address some issues once I fire it and see how it shoots. That will determine what my requests are from them whether it’s address some issues or ask for a new rifle. I already know that the shitty hinge is what it is as well as the collapsing stock assembly because the 3 on the wall at my LGS are exactly the same, that’s just their crappy design and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

I just got another case of ammo delivered today (Berger 140 Hybrid) so I just need to settle on an optic for it but I may just go shoot it with this SWFA 3-15 I plopped on it from a 22 to see how it does.

So you bought it because you thought it was going to suck and now you're mad that it sucks? :unsure:

Sounds like yours sucks, mine is a great rifle and has none of the issues you've described. Sig probably just hates you.

Yeah, I’m sure that’s it. There’s other people on this same page of the thread with the same issues of the LOP collapsing and worthless thread protector. All 3 on the wall at my LGS have the same slop in the hinge. But yeah, it’s just me. Keep living in your fairy tail land where this is an excellent rifle.

Yeah, I’m sure that’s it. There’s other people on this same page of the thread with the same issues of the LOP collapsing and worthless thread protector. All 3 on the wall at my LGS have the same slop in the hinge. But yeah, it’s just me. Keep living in your fairy tail land where this is an excellent rifle.

And there's lots more other people in the 45 pages of this thread like me who have none of those issues and really like the Cross. Keep living in your fairy tale land where your opinion is the only one that counts. Oh, and try not getting so upset when people disagree with you on the internet.

Reactions: Gtscotty
Since they’re such great guns why don’t one of you two take this turd off my hands? I would happily send it down the road if I wasn’t going to take a bath on it. Since I probably will and since it continues to surprise me I plan to otherwise shoot it first since I’m sure I’ll be able to make fun of it some more and then send it back to Sig for hopefully a replacement so that I can hopefully not lose so much.
List it over in the exchange, somebody will take a chance.

I do agree that it was silly to go with the proprietary stock instead of going with a pic attachment or ACE pattern mount so the shooter could choose fixed vs folding or even throw something entirely different on there.

Zero issues with mine, to include an exposed thread at the end of a shitty protector.
I have had mine in the back country over 100 days and have not had issues with anything getting in my action.
My buttstock never suffered as mentioned.
If there were so many concerns then why accept it and then come here to tell others not to.

Just because I was curious. I stopped by to look at the sig crosses on the shelf. 1 of the 2 had play in the hinge. It was the first time I felt one that was like it.

FWIW I have a 308win a friend has the 6.5cm. The 308win was solid and the 6.5cm had play in it.

Redneck obviously was biased from the start and is a Q fanboy. I work in a shop and have seen far more Fix’s with issues than Crosses. We have a Fix on consignment right now because it light strikes more than it fires and when it does fire the owner said he was lucky if it was MOA. No help from Q at all except use softer primers and when he asked what is softer than Gold Medal Match they didn’t have an answer.

We have multiple Cross in stock now and none have sloppy stocks. I know multiple people with them that have never had stock issues. I’m not saying they aren’t out there, but don’t believe they’re as common as being implied.

The guns are not crap. They are solid sin $2k guns that will shoot very well with the right ammo.

Does Sig sometimes push shit out before they should and let customers test for them, sure as hell do, they aren’t the best out there by any means. But the across is a good gun for the money and someone here just sounds plain but hurt about something and trying to waste Sig in the process.

Reactions: tysonmax and FuhQ
Redneck obviously was biased from the start and is a Q fanboy. I work in a shop and have seen far more Fix’s with issues than Crosses. We have a Fix on consignment right now because it light strikes more than it fires and when it does fire the owner said he was lucky if it was MOA. No help from Q at all except use softer primers and when he asked what is softer than Gold Medal Match they didn’t have an answer.

We have multiple Cross in stock now and none have sloppy stocks. I know multiple people with them that have never had stock issues. I’m not saying they aren’t out there, but don’t believe they’re as common as being implied.

The guns are not crap. They are solid sin $2k guns that will shoot very well with the right ammo.

Does Sig sometimes push shit out before they should and let customers test for them, sure as hell do, they aren’t the best out there by any means. But the across is a good gun for the money and someone here just sounds plain but hurt about something and trying to waste Sig in the process.
I think Kevin's products are assembled at the Summers Eve plant. 😂 I refuse to own anything with his name or brand on it. Plus, his cans suck...They're overpriced, and not that quiet. And I agree, reading all that dude's posts on this thread are both hilarious and give me a migraine, wondering why he sold the 2 FIX rifles he said he had, if they were so perfect? You don't sell perfectly good guns unless you need money. Sounds like he isn't lacking in that department, so I am a bit curious. He also stated last year in the Texas Suppressors Deregulation thread that he supported suppressors to continue being on the NFA registry because criminals might be using them more in crimes... 🙄

I own ZERO Sig products, and never have owned one. Never liked them, and quite honestly, not a big fan of their self-firing pistols 🤣. But I want a Cross in 16" .308 Win for my compact deer rifle, because I like how it folds up, and with a long suppressor, it will still be shorter than my other rifles without. I've handled several of them, and they feel quite solid to me. I just honestly don't understand all the bitching... And I'm the furthest thing from a Sig fan. I'm actually a Rem 700 fanboy.

Reactions: Gtscotty
I have a 308 Cross. About 450 rounds through it now. I've had no problems with the stock. The rifle is accurate and reliable. Because of earlier posts on this thread I went through and checked the torque/tightened all of the screws to to factory specs before I mounted the scope or shot it. Over all I'm very pleased with it. It's fun to shoot. With my TBAC Ultra 7 on it, it fits in a 27 inch AR case. Great light weight gun.

I have a 308 Cross. About 450 rounds through it now. I've had no problems with the stock. The rifle is accurate and reliable. Because of earlier posts on this thread I went through and checked the torque/tightened all of the screws to to factory specs before I mounted the scope or shot it. Over all I'm very pleased with it. It's fun to shoot. With my TBAC Ultra 7 on it, it fits in a 27 inch AR case. Great light weight gun.
That’s another cool thing, it fits in an AR case, and when folded, it has a very small footprint.